PDA

View Full Version : halp pls. [ADIUM PROBLEM]

$B.
27-07-2008, 02:36 AM
okay so I have a mac mini,
and it runs everything just fine with no slowness or anythingg.
buut adium runs painfully slow.
mac messenger works fine, but it's horrid. :(

why does adium run so slow?
oh and if this helps, my specs:
Processor: 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
OS: Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 [I'm too cheap to get leopard]

+rep to anyone with an answer (Y)

Zaub
27-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Try upgrading your Adium if you haven't got the latest one. I highly recommend getting leopard, and it's not that expensive and will run programs faster.

xxMATTGxx
27-07-2008, 08:06 AM
okay so I have a mac mini,
and it runs everything just fine with no slowness or anythingg.
buut adium runs painfully slow.
mac messenger works fine, but it's horrid. :(

why does adium run so slow?
oh and if this helps, my specs:
Processor: 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
OS: Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 [I'm too cheap to get leopard]

+rep to anyone with an answer (Y)

Adium 1.2.7 requires OS X 10.4.0 or greater.
If you're using OS X 10.3.9, you'll want Adium 1.0.6.
If you're using OS X 10.2, you'll want Adium 0.89.1.

It should work fine, I have the same Mac Mini as you but I added 2Gb and mine came with leopard. It still ran fine on 1GB so I'm not sure why you having problems. I suggest upgrading to Leopard though.

Shawnstra
27-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I had this, well partially, it took forever to sign in, a simple restart worked for me. Sorry if you have already done this.

$B.
27-07-2008, 12:31 PM
I suggest upgrading to Leopard though.

I would, I have a Leopard CD which I used on my MacBook til I recently sold it o_o, But this mac mini isn't exactly mine as such.
I'm home educated, soo they provided the computer. I'll get in touch with them and see if I'm allowed to do it :)

I had this, well partially, it took forever to sign in, a simple restart worked for me. Sorry if you have already done this.

I did do this =P Ty anyway, it's the same as Mercury Messenger and every other msn client I've tried, they all run really slow.

Explicit
27-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I, also, am home educated. Did you get your Mac from the education store of from a education company, if from apple you can upgrade.

But if your are using a few heavy progams, maybe photoshop 'n stuff, close them, then use it. I find I have to close Pixelmator (Pretty much photoshop) before doing internet and adium and iTunes and all sorts.

AppZapp Adium then reinstall is the best bet tbh.

Explicit
27-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Also, if it is just logging in thats a problem, I have also had this when using MSN, delete the current account then re-do the account setup process..

If a mod could merge this with my last post that would be fab.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!