PDA

View Full Version : Need A Safe Email [+Rep]

Mint
27-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I've been hacked via email so many times now so my new email needs to be a really safe one and free ofcoarse. Not 'live' or 'hotmail' because they are crap. I will do some research on any of the ones you can tell me and if they seem good I will give you your huge 2 points rep. :)

Florx
27-07-2008, 12:21 PM
http://www.google.com/mail

Have fun :P

awelsh
27-07-2008, 12:21 PM
hotmail is pretty secure, to get the password recovered you need to give: country, postcode, and then answer the secret question. It even blocks access if you guess wrong 5 times. If you keep getting hacked by e-mail maybe think about what mail you open and what attatchemnts you download.

maybe you even have a keylogger on your computer?

Mint
27-07-2008, 12:29 PM
hotmail is pretty secure, to get the password recovered you need to give: country, postcode, and then answer the secret question. It even blocks access if you guess wrong 5 times. If you keep getting hacked by e-mail maybe think about what mail you open and what attatchemnts you download.

maybe you even have a keylogger on your computer?
Having a keylogger isn't my problem because I'm fully restroing my computer before I make me new Habbo account and new email.

And I am considering google mail. :)

edgates
27-07-2008, 12:38 PM
www.gmx.com

Found that to be pretty good.

Janczyk
27-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Live is secure, it's just people who download crap and keyloggers or accept people who they don't know and they get your account details. If you know basic internet safety then Live is secure however if you don't, no email service is secure to you.

Mint
27-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Live is secure, it's just people who download crap and keyloggers or accept people who they don't know and they get your account details. If you know basic internet safety then Live is secure however if you don't, no email service is secure to you.
One of my best mates on Habbo told me he was a hacker, he also said that hotmail and live isn't secure. He never told me what I should use though..... :$

Janczyk
27-07-2008, 01:15 PM
One of my best mates on Habbo told me he was a hacker, he also said that hotmail and live isn't secure. He never told me what I should use though..... :$
Live is secure - more secure than any other email service provider out there it's just the fact you don't know how to keep safe by the sounds of things.

Moh
27-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Just make a totally separate email for your Habbo Account, thats what I have done. No one will be able to guess the email, and if I did get key logged, the only reasons I would enter the email would be because:
- I signed up to another account.
- I got hacked therefore they wouldn't need the email.

I quite like aol :)

Mint
27-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Live is secure - more secure than any other email service provider out there it's just the fact you don't know how to keep safe by the sounds of things.
Nah I probally don't, i'm not a computer geek tbh so I always get hacked...:rolleyes:

Mounta1nGoat
27-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Amen...

Janczyk
27-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Nah I probally don't, i'm not a computer geek tbh so I always get hacked...:rolleyes:
Are you saying I am a computer geek? It makes a lot of sense not to download crap you don't know what it is and not to accept contacts that you don't know who they are. It doesn't take a genius so stop being so judgemental yeah?

Coheed&Cambria
27-07-2008, 04:43 PM
You dont need to be a computer geek to know how to keep your computer secure..

bo$$
27-07-2008, 04:53 PM

You don't have to be a computer geek to be able to keep an account safe..
edit; didn't see the replies above haha, so you get the idea.

Swearwolf
27-07-2008, 05:00 PM
www.gmail.com (http://www.gmail.com) sorted

27-07-2008, 05:11 PM
You dont need to be a computer geek to know how to keep your computer secure..

Mhmm, it's more like you need to be reeeeally stupid to get hacked in most cases :rolleyes:

brandon
27-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Ever since Hotmail made you enter Post Code on forgotten password it's a lot safer. On Google Mail you still have to only answer the question. There is nothing wrong with Hotmail anymore, and it has a bad reputation because before it was easier to hack and considering it was one of the most popular email providers there was a good chance of it being Hotmail if someone had their email hacked. But if you still don't want Hotmail then Google Mail will suffice.

Mint
27-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Are you saying I am a computer geek? It makes a lot of sense not to download crap you don't know what it is and not to accept contacts that you don't know who they are. It doesn't take a genius so stop being so judgemental yeah?
All the geeks never get hacked but I do. :( And whoever said something about the post code thing, is it true?

Mr.Sam
27-07-2008, 06:16 PM
email is only as safe as you make it.

brandon
27-07-2008, 06:19 PM
All the geeks never get hacked but I do. :( And whoever said something about the post code thing, is it true?
Yes it's true, why would I lie? :S

Moktekichi
28-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Gmail/Google Mail is pretty good.

Though I agree with whoever mentioned making a completely seperate email for things.

I have one email that I use for anything I really don't want people to get into and that I don't have to enter the email to get into.

Invent
28-07-2008, 04:28 AM
All 'mainstream' email providers are secure & safe. It's only you that makes your email unsecure.

Mint
28-07-2008, 10:03 AM
My problem is sorted now, I asked somebody at my mums work and they said google is the safest free email. Thanks everyone! :)

Stephen!
28-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Why don't you use the e-mail account your ISP gave you?

awelsh
28-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Why don't you use the e-mail account your ISP gave you?

becuase virgin mail is pants :P

hotmail is more secure than google mail :S it is now anyway, ill admit before it was hell easy to hack into them.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!