PDA

View Full Version : CCTV Cameras

alexxxxx
27-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Do you have a problem that they are everywhere, and that you can be tracked wherever you go?

Or do you think they help solve crimes and benefit us?

Moh
27-07-2008, 03:03 PM
As long as theres nobody sat there watching me, im fine. They just record so if they need them they can check them :)

I just don't like it when they put them in the toilets :S

Spiffing
27-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah toilets are annoying, but its like one night you get mugged and theres no cameras so nobodys caught OR you get mugged there is cameras and the person gets caught.

I think they're good tbh

DrLacero
30-07-2008, 04:14 AM
There are £200 million worth of CCTV cameras in london (10,524 cameras) but 80% of crimes are unsolved, I can't imagine they help that much.

Susie Dent
30-07-2008, 08:39 AM
I don't intend on doing anything bad publically so they can watch me if they really want to

awelsh
30-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I think their pretty stupid, the ones round here they used to record people out on saturday night and how bad it was round here for people spewing everywhere. Worst part was they showed the sixth formers it and it was most of them in the films so it made no difference to anyone, I was in one of the films apparently too :D

N-Dubz
30-07-2008, 12:41 PM
they aint really that much help

IDontKnow
30-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Trust me they help, we have them up around the outside of our house and the amount of people that have gone into the garden, seen them, then walked away, I've literally lost count.

MissAlice
03-08-2008, 11:07 AM
If they help solve any crime, they must be a good thing. They must also to a certain extent act as a deterrent. CCTV could also help prove someone is innocent and not necessarily guilty. I don't have a problem with CCTV.

Nereo
03-08-2008, 12:46 PM
It only becomes a problem when it is used too much and in the wromg places.

It is very useful but I think there are certain places where there is just too much and it becomes an invasion of privacy.

Danzilla
03-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Theres always crime in my area and this place is litter'd with cameras, yet no one has EVER been caught. I don't think they help that much, maybe the odd one in places where crime is most likley to happen is ok.

Herman
15-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Well if you have not been doing anything wrong, they should not bother you too much.

GommeInc
15-08-2008, 12:34 PM
There's nothing wrong with them. Unless you feel guilt that you've done a crime and you can be tracked through them, then you have nothing to worry about. I see them all the time in town and just think "Ooo, a camera..." and carry on walking :P As far as I am aware, the footage is mainly used when you've gone missing, when someone that day went missing or to call out to people causing a fuss or who've just dropped litter (like some towns have now).

Even if they don't help a great deal, then as Tescos say "Every Little Helps." :P

Loqo
15-08-2008, 01:10 PM
They dont bother me, yet they dont solve many crimes. Kinda pointless.

Fehm
15-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Overall there good, but i agree with the annoyance of Toilets.

Jordy
16-08-2008, 02:17 PM
I've never seen one in some toilets but I don't look for them in toilets either so if you don't know they're not there you've got nothing to be worried about.

I don't see why people are worried they're being watched, CCTV isn't usually all linked up to one space other than in town centre's where they're controlled by the council, but the rest are all individually monitored by homes and business's, they're not exactly linked up?

Nothing to be worried of and they're a good deterrent as someone has said. If I see them in town I often can't resist smiling or waving at them lol, bad habit.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!