PDA

View Full Version : Site panel

Calon
28-07-2008, 03:40 AM
Right, I'm pretty new to coding.. so I decided to make some sort of site housekeeping panel, not with radio bits like calebs..

Features:
- Intergrated CMS
- Navigation system
- Templating system
- AdminCP (Manage your site)
-- Maintenance intergration (Switch your site on/off from public viewing)
-- Phrase system (For editing pre-defined content, such as "Username" on the login form)
-- Content creator/remover (add, remove pages)
-- Navigation control
-- Control the templates

Ideas:
- Edit pages with drag&drop system, and keep them like that.

I'd appreciate any ideas contributed..
Edit: Will be releasing free btw.

thanks, Calon.

Moved by Invent (Forum Moderator) from Designing & Development: Please post in the correct forum next time, thanks :).

Fehm
29-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Good luck with this. As you are new with coding, i'd check out some guides on PHP and CSS to help you develope the look you are really going for! I feel that this is a big task for a beginer but i wish you all the best and can't wait to see this on the market in the future!

L?KE
05-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Good luck with this, sounds great.

I was gona do something like this ages ago but I ended up doing other things.

If you need any help, pm me :)

Redacted
05-08-2008, 07:04 PM
thats awesome

Calon
05-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Good luck with this. As you are new with coding, i'd check out some guides on PHP and CSS to help you develope the look you are really going for! I feel that this is a big task for a beginer but i wish you all the best and can't wait to see this on the market in the future!
I find that as an insult tbh, I'm not that new and I know a fair bit.

lvv224
06-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I find that as an insult tbh, I'm not that new and I know a fair bit.

I think he didn't mean it like that, i think he said that because you said:
"Right, I'm pretty new to coding.." in your first post, i'm sure hes just trying to help

Meti
06-08-2008, 06:19 PM
ST*U! Calon is much better than you. Don't pretend like you are the best coder in the world!

Stepheen
09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
ST*U! Calon is much better than you. Don't pretend like you are the best coder in the world!
He didn't say **** all, your google translater is ******. now **** off you stupid ****. habbo uk forum only? understand that? yehh **** **** man :@:@:@

Calon
09-08-2008, 11:13 PM
He didn't say **** all, your google translater is ******. now **** off you stupid ****. habbo uk forum only? understand that? yehh **** **** man :@:@:@
No need to flame the thread, you and meti.

Calm down, lol. I was joking, but I find that sort of insulting still as you think I need tutorials still.

Meti
10-08-2008, 06:24 PM
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other forum members.

Mistajam
12-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Is there any need for all this non-sense over such an immature subject?

Security
Is what a lot of amateur php coders fail on and for a CMS is the most important thing, make sure you think wise on any possible security risks. One mistake could be fatal.

Fehm
13-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Well im sorry for offering you some luck. Wont do it in the future ^^

Calon
13-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Well im sorry for offering you some luck. Wont do it in the future ^^
Thank you.

Is there any need for all this non-sense over such an immature subject?

Security
Is what a lot of amateur php coders fail on and for a CMS is the most important thing, make sure you think wise on any possible security risks. One mistake could be fatal.
I'm very wise with security and would work very hard on secure encryption methods and security for the site panel so it's not easily hopefully really secure.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!