PDA

View Full Version : Speech Recognition HELP!

ThemoFairy
28-07-2008, 05:50 PM
As many of you know, I hurt my arm pretty badly recently and am having a really hard time typing. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can enable Speech to text recognition in Windows XP. I got a plugin for Windows Live Messenger which is working great but I can't seem to figure it out for XP. Does anyone have any experience working with this type of thing?

habtasia
29-07-2008, 04:07 AM
Sorry, to hear about your arm (hope it ges better soon xx) :)

Im afraid you cant get a plugin for Windows XP which is to do with Speech Recognisation
If you can, i can guarentee it wont work properly with the Speech to Text part as XP's coding does not support his feature

The only Windows Paltfors which comes with Speech Recoginsation is Windown Vist (this comes built into the system)

Hope this helps
- Josh

Trinity
29-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Try getting a torrent of Dragon Naturally Speaking9?
Also, I hope your arm gets better soon :)

habtasia
29-07-2008, 10:07 PM
That wont work with XP's coding, ts rubbish recognisation on that as well

Trinity
30-07-2008, 02:21 PM
That wont work with XP's coding, ts rubbish recognisation on that as well

It does work with XP? And from what I remember, the recognition is pretty good compared to other programs.

habtasia
30-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Not from what ive heared, And because it dosnt work properly witg XP's coding, your computer can crash when you are doing alot on it at one time

Trinity
30-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Not from what ive heared, And because it dosnt work properly witg XP's coding, your computer can crash when you are doing alot on it at one time

I've used it on XP before with no problems.

Tomm
30-07-2008, 08:52 PM
You clearly don't know what you are talking about so please don't contribute false information anymore.

Kevin
30-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Voice recignition softwares are extremly complicated to program, it takes a long time for the software to get trained to your voice. its probs just best off trying to use your other arm for the moment :P

-Kevin

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!