PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me?

tasav
29-07-2008, 04:31 AM
Recently I've noticed that I'm tired ALL THE TIME. Like, I can sleep a full 9 or 10 hours, wake up, and want to take a nap 2 hours later :/ It's messing with my life, too. I can never work long shifts at my work because I'm always so sleepy all the time! :(

I take vitamins and stuff every day, and it helps for a while, but wears off after a few hours.

I just want to know if this is a symptom of anything, or if theres something simple I can do to fix the problem. I told my mom about it, and all she wants me to do is get my blood worked on, AND I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT because I'm terrified of doctors offices... and needles ><

Help?

Heart Break Kid
29-07-2008, 04:34 AM
ah you could be enemic my brothers enemic

its basically an iron deficiency

tasav
29-07-2008, 04:45 AM
ah you could be enemic my brothers enemic

its basically an iron deficiency

Yeah thats exactly what I think it is, too! But my mom won't let me take iron supplements until I get my blood worked on to know if that's what it is FOR SURE. I dunno it's dumb :(

But I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that's what it is xD Thank you.

Anyone else know of anything else it could possibly be?

Heart Break Kid
29-07-2008, 04:56 AM
no probz... and tell your mum to take you to ur GP you will then find what it is

GhostFace-
29-07-2008, 05:00 AM
i agree with your mom you shouldn't take iron supplements without getting your blood tested.

sometimes you need to face your fears.

tasav
29-07-2008, 05:16 AM
i agree with your mom you shouldn't take iron supplements without getting your blood tested.

sometimes you need to face your fears.

Yeah, it seems like a good idea... I'm just such a pansy! xD

Metric1
30-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I have a problem like that except I can't sleep at night.. but I can sleep all day..

edgates
30-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I was checked if I was enimic. I don't really like needles either, but I had a blood test. Luckily, I wasn't. I think this is what you should do.

ToxicPaddy
30-07-2008, 02:00 PM
This happened to me a while ago, and we thought it was enemic and went to the doctor. Turns out it was just me growing up and my body changing and it went after a while. But go to your doctor to be sure :)

Virgin Mary
30-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Taking iron pills doesn't kill you unless you overdose.

Nereo
30-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Isnt feeling tired all the time a symptom of Diabetes? Or am I getting confused? :S

tasav
30-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Isnt feeling tired all the time a symptom of Diabetes? Or am I getting confused? :S

EEEK! That scares me :( Diabetes runs in my family. I never thought it could be that. I HOPE ITS NOT! Ahhh :(

MissAlice
30-07-2008, 05:36 PM
If you are constantly feeling tired, it could well be an iron deficiency, you really should see your own doctor, they are the only one who is going to help you find out exactly what's wrong. So help yourself and see your doctor, at least then you will know :)

luke-p
03-08-2008, 12:49 PM
There are many things it could be, clinical depression, anemia, diabeties, chronic fatigue syndrome, stress, not eating correctly, some sort of deficiency, seasonal affective disorder and so on...

I had this problem, well I still do... but it's not as bad as it was at the start of the year, the doctors sent me for a blood tests, which turned into 10 blood tests because there was something wrong with my LFTs but that's another story.

Unrelated to the LFTs the doctor didn't give me an exact diagnosis, one of the 2 of CFS or stress.

Basicly, we can list the options here, but we can't tell you what it is for sure because we can't go and send you off for a blood test.

Pretty much you need to go for a blood test, if you're scared of needles then seriously take it from me it doesn't hurt, it's more uncomfortable than pain - So go for one and let us know how it all turns out ^_^

mike475
08-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Happened to me for about 2 - 3 weeks a few months ago, I really hated it happening to; but then it just went.

Havoline
09-08-2008, 03:09 PM
you're pregnant

AndrewByrne
12-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Theres these things in Tesco called "Cin-sinq" or somthing, They wake you up and keep you going, I take them and I stay awake for ages :)

400th post btw, w00t

roulette
25-08-2008, 11:17 AM
just go to the doctors you could have aids or something

Lincoln Imp!
26-08-2008, 10:14 PM
DRINK GUINESS!!!! FULL OF IRON :D

Holofoil
26-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Theres these things in Tesco called "Cin-sinq" or somthing, They wake you up and keep you going, I take them and I stay awake for ages :)

400th post btw, w00t

No you're thinking of ecstasy

Emjin
05-09-2008, 05:50 PM
I think it all depends on how much you're doing during the day, it could just be a normal thing. I used to get tired all the time (I'm diabetic) and yeah it does make you tired but the other symptoms come on so quick (losing weight feeling ill etc etc) but I still felt tired so I went back n did some blood tests and found out I had underactive thyroid soo now all I do is take a little tablet every morning (for the rest of my life though.. ugh) and it's fine.. so i'd get it checked out even if it's nothing

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!