PDA

View Full Version : Proboards...

=Sean...
25-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Anyone else heard of this? It is free and a lot better than all the other forums... I know you have options such as custom titles, Karma (rep) which you can use one time every hour (so you can give someone Karma 2 times in 2 hours), you can change the smilies and even more.

:Blob
25-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Err... Like Proboards.. Rubbish...

Jashmine
25-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Im pretty sure ProBoards was what I used to make my first forum back when I was an RPG'er =/

It was pretty good to use, but urm.. yeah.

GommeInc
25-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Anyone else heard of this? It is free and a lot better than all the other forums... I know you have options such as custom titles, Karma (rep) which you can use one time every hour (so you can give someone Karma 2 times in 2 hours), you can change the smilies and even more.
You can do that and more with IBP

=Sean...
25-06-2005, 07:20 PM
I didn't list everything possible, just some stuff I remember right away.

Proboards V4 pWns all....

:Blob
25-06-2005, 07:21 PM
I didn't list everything possible, just some stuff I remember right away.

Proboards V4 pWns all....

IPB 2.x PWNS that

:JaMhEd
25-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Let me tell you this. I used proboards when i was a lil baby and then i discovered IF and then I found other stuff balh blah.

Now ive got me own webby and stuff like tht and proborads is poopoopoo

Mentor
25-06-2005, 07:47 PM
proboards version 8 probly wont even be able to stand up to an ainchent ipb 0.1 alpha.
Proboards are easy the crapist forum type of them all.

Rix
25-06-2005, 10:43 PM
mentor i strongly agree

Bear-Max
26-06-2005, 01:24 AM
I like Proboards :) So there.

Mentor
26-06-2005, 01:32 AM
for what reason? rubbish fucntaly, no real abilty to customize, flooded with ads, slow servers, bair basics, genraly ugly?

=Sean...
26-06-2005, 01:37 AM
for what reason? rubbish fucntaly, no real abilty to customize, flooded with ads, slow servers, bair basics, genraly ugly?
Proboards loads faster for me...
Doesn't have a lot of adds
You can customize it...

Proboards V4 > All Boards

Mentor
26-06-2005, 01:52 AM
Thats kind of sumed up were it advertises its amsing full list of 50 fetures. Wich is very immprsive considering, ipb has more fetures than that just of a users profile feilds.

Cusomization goes beoned chnaging a few coulrs, i mean editing functaly, changing bb code, complty relaying out the forum.

its cgi, wich generates at about half the speed of php, as well as only existing on slow, over crowed serves, and is pretty slow.

you cant meaure the speed of other forums, since it depends where you host them.

There are 0 mods, or hacks for proboards, so no customisablilty

proboards is the only actal forum type, wich has ads on by defult, 2 ads a page, is alot more than 0 ads a page.

=Sean...
26-06-2005, 02:26 AM
Thats kind of sumed up were it advertises its amsing full list of 50 fetures. Wich is very immprsive considering, ipb has more fetures than that just of a users profile feilds.

Cusomization goes beoned chnaging a few coulrs, i mean editing functaly, changing bb code, complty relaying out the forum.

its cgi, wich generates at about half the speed of php, as well as only existing on slow, over crowed serves, and is pretty slow.

you cant meaure the speed of other forums, since it depends where you host them.

There are 0 mods, or hacks for proboards, so no customisablilty

proboards is the only actal forum type, wich has ads on by defult, 2 ads a page, is alot more than 0 ads a page.
Actually, it is easy to customize Proboards... You can change the size, make read only boards, invisible boards and more...

Mentor
26-06-2005, 02:31 AM
Actually, it is easy to customize Proboards... You can change the size, make read only boards, invisible boards and more...
Umm you miss the point of customixzation? can you ad an arcade, shop, wrewrite the online lists so it tracks people on a website, redesign the top half, show diffent stats, change what every bit says, put the boared upside down, redue how the forums layout, add new pages to the acp, chnage the layouts?

I dont mean the css editing capabilys you can get with any crapy forum set out there "/

Rashelly
27-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Jesus christ, does it matter? it does the job doesn't it?

Mentor
28-06-2005, 12:06 AM
it does the job, but you can get somthing that does the job alot better for no exstra cost

=Sean...
28-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Umm you miss the point of customixzation? can you ad an arcade, shop, wrewrite the online lists so it tracks people on a website, redesign the top half, show diffent stats, change what every bit says, put the boared upside down, redue how the forums layout, add new pages to the acp, chnage the layouts?

I dont mean the css editing capabilys you can get with any crapy forum set out there "/
Yes, other than the upside down thing.

Homesrfan
28-06-2005, 04:45 AM
Yes, other than the upside down thing.

Ya right.
You might be able to "Add a link to an arcade" but you cannot actually add this stuff on there.
There is not even FTP. It's impossible to do this stuff.

You say Proboard ownz all.
Even phpBB blows that out of the water.

Just leave Proboards, get IPB 1.3 or phpBB FREE!!
There are extra modifications and you can do a whole lot more.
Argue all you want. Proboards is not built for big boards, its built for newbies who cannot have a big board... and I don't mean that big... I just mean that itsf or new people. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!