PDA

View Full Version : Anime New anime to watch?

Nemo
29-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Well last time i asked this, i got advised code geass and well i love that, so i thought i'd ask you lot again.

I kinda like the smarty kind animes with some action, or good action and a great storyline. Sooooooo yeh.

Ive seen like;
death note
FMA
Code geass
utawarerumono
and errrrr lots more.

Ashley
29-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Naruto if you haven't already seen it. It may be long, but it's worth it. :)

Nemo
29-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Naruto if you haven't already seen it. It may be long, but it's worth it. :)
i was thinking of it, but its sooooo damn long. Might start from the beginning. like 300 episodes FTL :[

Ashley
29-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Once you start, you'll really get into it and you'll love it after watching the first few episodes and getting a rough idea of the characters, etc.

Nemo
29-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Once you start, you'll really get into it and you'll love it after watching the first few episodes and getting a rough idea of the characters, etc.
ive seen bits of it (well, first bit, then skipped a whole lot, then upto the 2nd exams) and then im not really sureeeeeeee. coz i dont understand all of it but i liked the idea of it. argh :p

Ashley
29-07-2008, 11:15 PM
If you watch it all from the beginning, you'll easily understand it. :)

Nemo
29-07-2008, 11:18 PM
If you watch it all from the beginning, you'll easily understand it. :)
how many episodes of it are there currently

PaulMacC
30-07-2008, 01:06 AM
I think there is 260 in the current series and then around 150 currently in Shippuden, Shippuden is still ongoing though.
Im on episode 63 on the original series.

Neversoft
30-07-2008, 01:32 AM
Samurai Champloo is what you're after.

I would recommend Paranoia Agent, but it's probably a bit past your intelligence level. However, it's a series everyone has to watch. Although I'm not too sure it's what you're after, only 13 episodes, it has an excellent story in my opinion and a little bit of action, which is all it needs, but like I said it's very intelligent, and dark.

I've heard that Monster is pretty damn good and can easily rival Death Note.

I'm currently watching Peacemaker, which is pretty badass so far.

Berserk is also very good.

Southe,
30-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Well last time i asked this, i got advised code geass and well i love that, so i thought i'd ask you lot again.

I kinda like the smarty kind animes with some action, or good action and a great storyline. Sooooooo yeh.

Ive seen like;
death note
FMA
Code geass
utawarerumono
and errrrr lots more.

One Piece. Managed to get atleast 5 of my mates into it. theres 363 eps at current with a few specials and 9 movies. Plot is good. unlike most animes when theres a sad part you actualy feel sad. characters stand out unlike most animes. Should really give it a shot. Can be serious and funny.

One Piece is the next Dragonball. and has been said plenty time due to its popularity ect and hence why it gets cross overs with DBZ ^_^

"With over 140 million copies sold, One Piece is the third highest selling manga in the history of Weekly Shōnen Jump, and it is considered their most acclaimed and all-time third-best-selling title in Japan."

You get the point. one piece is awesome. mt favourite ^_^ so should give it a try before the likes of naruto.. becasue we all know pirates > Ninjas xD

Also check out

- Outlaw Star
- Welcome to The NHK
- Black Cat

I think there is 260 in the current series and then around 150 currently in Shippuden, Shippuden is still ongoing though.

150 in shippuuden :S lol i wish xD

220 Eps of Naruto 136 - 220 = Filler tho
67 eps of Shippuuden
4 Movies
4 Ovas.

Nemo
30-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Samurai Champloo is what you're after.

I would recommend Paranoia Agent, but it's probably a bit past your intelligence level. However, it's a series everyone has to watch. Although I'm not too sure it's what you're after, only 13 episodes, it has an excellent story in my opinion and a little bit of action, which is all it needs, but like I said it's very intelligent, and dark.

I've heard that Monster is pretty damn good and can easily rival Death Note.

I'm currently watching Peacemaker, which is pretty badass so far.

Berserk is also very good.ill try out
samurao champloo
then paranoia agent (***, what u mean PAST my intelligence level!?)

and then try out monster after

Neversoft
30-07-2008, 11:12 AM
ill try out
samurao champloo

Samurai*

Good. I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned it on here yet. It's bloody amazing. Has some of the best fights ever as well.

It will confuse you.

Same.

Southe,
30-07-2008, 01:09 PM
ill try out
samurao champloo

Dont try One Piece then :( Your loss :rolleyes:

I'm thinking oftrying out samourai shamploo, beed tod its good. and paranoia agent im buying the box set on amazon next pay day. Looks good ^_^

Neversoft
30-07-2008, 02:59 PM
and paranoia agent im buying the box set on amazon next pay day. Looks good ^_^

Oh it is. Some parts are quite confusing but it's mostly due to the fact that it's hard to remember all the characters names and faces. :P It all makes sense by the end though. Well, most of it.

Paranoia Agent has the best first episode ever by the way. :8

iTech
30-07-2008, 03:51 PM

150 shippuudens LOL!?

220 eps. ;D

One Piece. Managed to get atleast 5 of my mates into it. theres 363 eps at current with a few specials and 9 movies. Plot is good. unlike most animes when theres a sad part you actualy feel sad. characters stand out unlike most animes. Should really give it a shot. Can be serious and funny.

One Piece is the next Dragonball. and has been said plenty time due to its popularity ect and hence why it gets cross overs with DBZ ^_^

"With over 140 million copies sold, One Piece is the third highest selling manga in the history of Weekly Shōnen Jump, and it is considered their most acclaimed and all-time third-best-selling title in Japan."

You get the point. one piece is awesome. mt favourite ^_^ so should give it a try before the likes of naruto.. becasue we all know pirates > Ninjas xD

Also check out

- Outlaw Star
- Welcome to The NHK
- Black Cat

150 in shippuuden :S lol i wish xD

220 Eps of Naruto 136 - 220 = Filler tho
67 eps of Shippuuden
4 Movies
4 Ovas.

I have to start watching One Piece :(

Southe,
30-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Dont try One Piece then :( Your loss :rolleyes:

I'm thinking oftrying out samourai shamploo, beed tod its good. and paranoia agent im buying the box set on amazon next pay day. Looks good ^_^

Lol sorry for the really crap spelling :rolleyes:

Oh it is. Some parts are quite confusing but it's mostly due to the fact that it's hard to remember all the characters names and faces. :P It all makes sense by the end though. Well, most of it.

Paranoia Agent has the best first episode ever by the way. :8

Cool lol the set costs £30 -.-

150 shippuudens LOL!?

220 eps. ;D

I have to start watching One Piece :(

You do lol, its just awesome :eusa_danc planning to get the one piece logo tattooed on me somewere ^_^ shows how obssessed i am with it lol. use to watch naruto alot but now One Piece has taken over. naruto is like my 5th favourite now?

Neversoft
30-07-2008, 09:34 PM
I got mine for £29.97 off ebay. :P The guy sold another one a week later that went for £17. :eusa_wall

Well worth the money in my opinion though, since you are getting four DVD volumes which go for £19.99 each in shops and around £10.00 each online. If you're not sure, it's probably best to watch the first few episodes online before you buy the boxset, to see whether you like it or not, so you don't end up wasting your money.

Ugawa
30-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Elfen Lied is awsome and ouran high host club is really really funni :D

XX

Southe,
31-07-2008, 09:18 PM
I got mine for £29.97 off ebay. :P The guy sold another one a week later that went for £17. :eusa_wall

Well worth the money in my opinion though, since you are getting four DVD volumes which go for £19.99 each in shops and around £10.00 each online. If you're not sure, it's probably best to watch the first few episodes online before you buy the boxset, to see whether you like it or not, so you don't end up wasting your money.

lol it k ill be buying it anyway. shall have a library of anime manga soon 6 ^_^ up tp 60 books now. lol. ill look to see if i can find it cheaper else were tho

sakura
31-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Elfen Lied is awsome and ouran high host club is really really funni :D

XX

omg you like the same animes as me @.@

i would recomend the folowing

-chobits
-lucky star
-ouran high school host club
-elfen lied
-SGT Frog
-Aria
-ojamajo Doremi
-rozen maiden
-Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
-the melancholy of haruhi suzamiya

anything shojo really shoen jump i would only recomen D. Grey man and naruto shippuden

Neversoft
31-07-2008, 11:49 PM
lol it k ill be buying it anyway. shall have a library of anime manga soon 6 ^_^ up tp 60 books now. lol. ill look to see if i can find it cheaper else were tho

Ok, well I hope you enjoy it. :D Satoshi Kon is a genius.

I don't own much manga. I have around 35 volumes I think. Although I bought volumes 5-12 of Claymore on Amazon yesterday. They'll be here in the morning. :D I'll be buying more now though since I found a shop very near me that actually sells manga.

By the way, anyone seen Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan? One of the funniest animes ever!

Southe,
01-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Ok, well I hope you enjoy it. :D Satoshi Kon is a genius.

I don't own much manga. I have around 35 volumes I think. Although I bought volumes 5-12 of Claymore on Amazon yesterday. They'll be here in the morning. :D I'll be buying more now though since I found a shop very near me that actually sells manga.

By the way, anyone seen Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan? One of the funniest animes ever!

Cool yea amazon is alright. must have been a sale because i got dn 1-10 for like £15 :S thats why i started using amazon but prices now are a bit iffy.. i use the market place tho good condition and cheap ^_^ everyday for the past week been getting one in the post which is fun lol. Only place i could go is.. WH Smith. which dosent have alot, Waterstones - has alot but expensive. and forbidden planet 3 for £15.

Hmm think ill take pics of my collection. I got 2 death note dvds today. 1 the live action dvd is in a death note :D is quite cool. and the 2nd dvd for the anime. didnt get model tho :( and it was L :(

Neversoft
01-08-2008, 01:24 AM
Cool yea amazon is alright. must have been a sale because i got dn 1-10 for like £15 :S thats why i started using amazon but prices now are a bit iffy.. i use the market place tho good condition and cheap ^_^ everyday for the past week been getting one in the post which is fun lol. Only place i could go is.. WH Smith. which dosent have alot, Waterstones - has alot but expensive. and forbidden planet 3 for £15.

Hmm think ill take pics of my collection. I got 2 death note dvds today. 1 the live action dvd is in a death note :D is quite cool. and the 2nd dvd for the anime. didnt get model tho :( and it was L :(

DEATH NOTE VOLUME 1 - 10 FOR £15!? WHAT!? I bought mine from a shop for £5.50 each. :eusa_wall Luckily the guy didn't scan two of the volumes though so I got £11 off. :8

Amazon prices have always been great. £4 - £5 per manga when it's like £5.50 - £6.99 in shops. :8 I usually get something in the post every week as well. I'm always buying stuff online. :P

Waterstones is the place that sells manga near me. Although expensive, I can see myself buying atleast 1 manga there every week or something when I get paid. :P There are some good shops in London, but every shop sells manga for roughly the same price.

I've seen the DVD in the Death Note lol, thats cool! I only have the first volume of the anime. Didn't get a figure either because I bought it off Amazon. Only £11.99 though so it was worth it. It's like £6.99 on there now though. :O

Take pictures and post them in my thread! :D

Plux
01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
I've been hunting around for Manga, there's a book/comic shop that might have it in town. :(

I'm unsure though, Ima find Death Note manga, no matter what!

Southe,
01-08-2008, 04:03 PM
just order it online. your cheaper buying it in bulks online rather than in shops.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!