CJW93
30-07-2008, 09:22 PM
To xbox
How do you do it?
I have windows Xp

Coheed&Cambria
30-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Doesent work for me :(

All i know is that you need the xbox 360 wireless adapter.

Casuals
30-07-2008, 10:15 PM
il find out 4 u

Jam
30-07-2008, 10:23 PM
You go on Windows Media Center on the Xbox and it should find your computer on the Wireless Network, then it will add folders to its "folders that it will include" list and so when you pick say music, it will search them folders for Windows Media Player compatible music (Not iTunes).

Only works of you have the Wireless Adaptor.

Coheed&Cambria
30-07-2008, 11:00 PM
(sorry to hijack the thread) But i have windows media player on sharing, and my xbox still cant find my pc

J0SH
31-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Bren: said you don't need wireless just to clear that up. ;)

PaulMacC
31-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Doesent work for me :(

All i know is that you need the xbox 360 wireless adapter.
No you dont, You either need a router sharing the same internet connection with your computer or a wireless adapter :D
For example, your router has an ethernet cable going to your 360 and it also has one going to your pc. Thats the way mine is set up anyway, I have Windows XP Media Centre.

Coheed&Cambria
31-07-2008, 10:52 AM
No you dont, You either need a router sharing the same internet connection with your computer or a wireless adapter :D
For example, your router has an ethernet cable going to your 360 and it also has one going to your pc. Thats the way mine is set up anyway, I have Windows XP Media Centre.

Actullyyyy, my wireless routour has more than 2 ethernet thing, Thanks!

Johno
31-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Its reasonably simple, depending on if you have Media Centre or not.

If you have Media Centre all you need to do is select the "Media Centre" thing on the Xbox, it gives you a code and your ready practically.

I presume you don't have Media Centre so you were in the same situation as me:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/pcsetup/alldownloads.htm

Simply go there, select your operating system and then install. It should locate your Xbox on the network and then you decide what the Xbox has access too.

awelsh
31-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Its reasonably simple, depending on if you have Media Centre or not.

If you have Media Centre all you need to do is select the "Media Centre" thing on the Xbox, it gives you a code and your ready practically.

I presume you don't have Media Centre so you were in the same situation as me:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/pcsetup/alldownloads.htm

Simply go there, select your operating system and then install. It should locate your Xbox on the network and then you decide what the Xbox has access too.

I can never do that :( Im on service pack 3 and it keeps saying I need to update to service pack 2. Pretty screwed up, well mine streams fine anyway, just go to video then select my laptop as the source.

Johno
31-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah, they really need to update it so SP3 is also included.

Ah well, I never really used it when I had it so I just unistalled it lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!