PDA

View Full Version : Windows Mojave.

Recursion
30-07-2008, 10:20 PM
http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2008/07/29/microsoft-launches-windows-mojave-website

Interesting!

MS Pwnz once again.

Pyroka
30-07-2008, 10:28 PM
As someone said on a blog, they should've let the users spend time on the OS for a month in their own homes, and then give feedback. That would've been a much more interesting result which would've been more varied too.

I found it funny though, it's a great idea to get the point across.

Hypertext
31-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Quite funny, I personally don't find anything wrong with Vista, I just prefer OS X. So many people say it's bad because other people say it's bad... that one guy "Why is it faster!?!". Hilarious.

Dentafrice
31-07-2008, 01:25 AM
I have to say that really was a smart idea.. and a smart decision to Microsoft.

Stephen!
31-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Best thing MS has done in years.

Hypertext
31-07-2008, 01:58 AM
I'd say 90% of people that "hate" vista, simply are following the crowd. I personally like Vista, and use it, I prefer os x, and i prefer linux in order:

Worst

Solaris
Vista
Linux
OS X

Best

Andys
31-07-2008, 02:47 AM
I'd say 90% of people that "hate" vista, simply are following the crowd.
I agree and this project prooves it. They just like to repeat what they see in reviews.

Jordy
31-07-2008, 09:40 AM
I think a lot of the anti-Vista people simply think Windows XP is as good as computing can get, they're either put off by a miniority of bugs which haven mostly been patched or they're either jealous because their computer isn't powerful enough for Vista and they can't afford a new computer.

I'd say it's probably right, 10% have legitimate reasons for not liking Vista. Can't wait for HotelUser's reply :P

iTech
31-07-2008, 09:56 AM
I have to say that really was a smart idea.. and a smart decision to Microsoft.

Yeah.

I'd say 90% of people that "hate" vista, simply are following the crowd. I personally like Vista, and use it, I prefer os x, and i prefer linux in order:

Worst

Solaris
Vista
Linux
OS X

Best

That's your preference.

darkchicken101
31-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Although I am quite happy with Vista and use it as my primary OS (until MBP is repaired), I really wouldn't trust the opinions of someone who cannot recognise Vista if it is given a new skin. These people would judge something on looks alone. I bet if they switched Vista to the Windows Classic skin, they would hate it.

The ad campaign is a good idea but it wouldn't do well to convince people with knowledge in the computing field, nor would it convince blind fanboys who would not accept anything but their chosen OS.

Jericho
31-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I have had genuine crap encounters with Vista, hence why I switched. I am totally for Stephens comment though, most people just tag along.

I must say though, first class fanboy comment in your post there Tawm xD

Jks.

Recursion
31-07-2008, 05:38 PM
I didn't intend it to be fanboyism ;P

Jahova
01-08-2008, 08:00 AM
One of the best things that Microsoft have ever done.
I personally think, the Jump from XP to Vista was too big and people never found out all of the new features of Vista, so they havn't used them.

Showing them the features, like this could instantly change someones mind about somthing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!