PDA

View Full Version : Anime Whats good?

Charlie
30-07-2008, 11:12 PM
It seems like it's all the rage and I'm pretty bored. Enlighten me with some decent anime.

Ashley
30-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Death Note is a must see.

Serious
30-07-2008, 11:18 PM
i wouldn't bother tbh lol, it's the gayest thing on earth, as are it's fans.

Edited by brandon (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude

Charlie
30-07-2008, 11:27 PM
It looks alrightish, might as well give it a good. And thanks for the suggestion +rep.

PaulMacC
31-07-2008, 02:29 AM
Death Note is pretty good, Code Geass follows the same path really though it's better imo.
Naruto and Bleach are good aswell.

Axel
31-07-2008, 03:12 AM
Well the only ones I really watch are Bleach/Full Metal Alchemist/Avatar and they're all good to me, though hardcore Japanezees say Avatar isn't 'Anime' which I guess it isn't, but still similar and good.

Neversoft
31-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Death Note is perfect for anyone who just wants to watch one anime, or just wants to check it out. It's also a must watch for everyone.

What kinda genres are you into? Maybe I could recommend something thats more your kinda taste.

Death Note is pretty good, Code Geass follows the same path really though it's better imo.
Naruto and Bleach are good aswell.

Somehow I think Code Geass, Naruto and Bleach isn't what vampirism is after. :P

Well the only ones I really watch are Bleach/Full Metal Alchemist/Avatar and they're all good to me, though hardcore Japanezees say Avatar isn't 'Anime' which I guess it isn't, but still similar and good.

iTech
31-07-2008, 02:18 PM
i wouldn't bother tbh lol, it's the gayest thing on earth, as are it's fans.

Edited by brandon (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude

Wow, you really are a ***. :rolleyes:

Death Note or Full Metal Alchemist I suggest for you to start with.

Axel
31-07-2008, 02:27 PM

I know, but it's similar.

Serious
31-07-2008, 02:30 PM

yeah ino editing my post like that, tut tut

Neversoft
31-07-2008, 02:32 PM

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

I know, but it's similar.

I was just joking around. :P It's inspired by anime, so I like to call it anime as well. :P

iTech
31-07-2008, 03:16 PM
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

I was just joking around. :P It's inspired by anime, so I like to call it anime as well. :P

Ooh true 'dat. xD

Nereo
31-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Is Dragonball Z anime? Thats the best if it is :P

(Im an anime noob you see lol)

sakura
31-07-2008, 07:58 PM
yup DB and DBZ are anime where as DBDT isnt anime its base off of DBZ tho and their has been alot of condusion i nthat aria

i owuld recomend any shojo animes hmm well you are ne to it so i weould start you off with ouran high school host club then rozen maiden PM me when/if you have finished those series also try to ceep away from naruto i know its really popular but in my opinion its for noobs but the shuppuden is alright also i found beach really boring along with FMA but FMP is funneh

iTech
31-07-2008, 08:48 PM
What? I could not read that.

Southe,
31-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Death Note is a must see.

Death Note.. /sigh. Death note was a good series until it was serealised. I was watching it and reading from when it started. and because it didnt have a large fanbase sich as bleach and naruto it made it good. but ever since it got dubbed. you get all these people claiming to be huge fans of it when they just got into because it was "popular". So ever since the tacky keyrings and crap there selling has made me question there series.

i dont mean to rant but just how i feel. you get all the 13 year old kids thinking there awesoe because they watch it and claim to be the biggest fan ect. but i suppose thats like most popular series. and i dont mean to point the finers at anyone on this forum was talking about other ones lol.

yup DB and DBZ are anime where as DBDT isnt anime its base off of DBZ tho and their has been alot of condusion i nthat aria

i owuld recomend any shojo animes hmm well you are ne to it so i weould start you off with ouran high school host club then rozen maiden PM me when/if you have finished those series also try to ceep away from naruto i know its really popular but in my opinion its for noobs but the shuppuden is alright also i found beach really boring along with FMA but FMP is funneh

Retype it and check your spelling. would like to read what you have to say :rolleyes:

sakura
31-07-2008, 09:57 PM
DB=Dragon Ball

yup DB and DBZ are anime where as DBDT is'nt anime its base off of DBZ tho and their has been alot of condusion i nthat aria

i would recomend any shojo animes hmm well you are new to anime so i would start you off with ouran high school host club then rozen maiden PM me when/if you have finished those series also try to keep away from naruto i know its really popular but in my opinion its for noobs but the shuppuden is alright also i found beach really boring along with Full metal alchemist but full metal paic fummoffu is funneh

Charlie
31-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions :)

Neversoft
31-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Death Note.. /sigh. Death note was a good series until it was serealised. I was watching it and reading from when it started. and because it didnt have a large fanbase sich as bleach and naruto it made it good. but ever since it got dubbed. you get all these people claiming to be huge fans of it when they just got into because it was "popular". So ever since the tacky keyrings and crap there selling has made me question there series.

i dont mean to rant but just how i feel. you get all the 13 year old kids thinking there awesoe because they watch it and claim to be the biggest fan ect. but i suppose thats like most popular series. and i dont mean to point the finers at anyone on this forum was talking about other ones lol.

I agree, but I would never think less of a series just because it's popular. I don't really get people who do. The anime is still the same, it's just the fanbase that's different.

Southe,
01-08-2008, 01:06 AM
DB=Dragon Ball

yup DB and DBZ are anime where as DBDT is'nt anime its base off of DBZ tho and their has been alot of condusion i nthat aria

i would recomend any shojo animes hmm well you are new to anime so i would start you off with ouran high school host club then rozen maiden PM me when/if you have finished those series also try to keep away from naruto i know its really popular but in my opinion its for noobs but the shuppuden is alright also i found beach really boring along with Full metal alchemist but full metal paic fummoffu is funneh

DBGT* Based* Confusion* in* that* area* ect :S did you just copy paste? i know i suck at typing aswell but its usually if im multitasking.

And there isnt really a confusion over GT. Everyone knows its crap. (yet im still buying the boxset >.> lol ) Just wasnt Cannon.

I agree, but I would never think less of a series just because it's popular. I don't really get people who do. The anime is still the same, it's just the fanbase that's different.

Faire enough re reading what i said i kinda sound like a hipocrite because my name is Ryuzaki and use to have L avatar and sig xD. lol. I suppose.. just hate its mostly americans tho, think there better than everyone else because they know about a series :S recently had an argument on a youtube vid because someone thought Dragonball AF exsisted and claims that it aired in japan =/

If you decide to watch dragonball z and you have money to spend i recommend getting the remastered sets. £15-20 for 30-40 eps its good.

DBZ + Big Tv = :P

lol. played it on my mates 50" and was just awesome. dramatic scenes get alot better :D shame .. next month well this month xD its the 1st now.. 30 days? woo ^_^ anyway only getting a 40" will still do the job tho :P

Neversoft
01-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Jeez, YouTube is crawling with idiots and so called 'Death Note fans'. They are bloody annoying.

Plux
01-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Ahah yeah, I agree Chris.

I need to rewatch Death Note I forgot what happens after episode 27 :O

Neversoft
01-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Ahah yeah, I agree Chris.

I need to rewatch Death Note I forgot what happens after episode 27 :O

REMINDER

Anime
Mello and Near, L's 'successors' appear.
Sayu gets kidnapped.
Light's dad hands over the Death Note to Mello in order to rescue her.
Shido the Death God appears in the human world to get back his Death Note
Mello decides to have him join his team.
Light finds out where Mello is hiding and invades to get the Death Note back but Shido kills everyone.
They invade again while Ryuk distracts Shido, everyone on Mello's team is killed apart from him, then he blows up the building and kills Light's dad.
Misa gives up her Death Note.
Mikami becomes the new Kira.
Mikami kills the Kira spokesperson and makes Takada the new one.
Mello kidnaps Takada. Light writes her name on his piece of Death Note and kills her. Mikami also writes her name in his Death Note which leads to Near discovering that Mikami is tricking them with a fake Death Note and his hiding the real one.
Mello dies, don't remember how. Probably by the Death Note.
While all this has been happening Near has been doing NOTHING but steal everyone elses information, abuse the few members on his team, kidnap Misa and Mogi and convert Aizawa to his side.
Finale. Light looses because of Mikami's mistake. Matsuda shoots Light. Mikami stabs himself. Ryuk writes Light's name in his Death Note.
Near's a *****.
END.

Manga ending
Roughly the same ending, but Ryuk kills Light infront of everyone else in the warehouse.
Mikami does not stab himself, but goes crazy 10 days later in jail and dies.
Cuts to 1 year later. The world is back to how it was before Kira was around, although there are still a lot of Kira worshipers who believe he's resting.
Matsuda doesn't know if they made the right decision and kinda shows that he liked the world better when Kira was alive. Ide also kinda shows that he dislikes the world without Kira, but say's that they made the right decision because if they didn't, they'd all be dead right now.
Near is the new L and carry's on his name like L never died.
The task force all now work for Near.
Matsuda and Ide have an insteresting convosation where Matsuda actually shows some intelligence.

Matsuda word's:
Mikami went crazy in jail 10 days after that incident, and died.
A year ago, the notebook Mikami bought with him happened to be a fake.
So it means that Near had Givanni switch it, and he had the real notebook with him.
So I'm sure he must have written something like "Teru Mikami brings the notebook to the yellow box warehouse at 1:30pm, january 28th, 2010, with no doubts about it being real, nor testing it to found out if it was so, and goes crazy ten days later and dies.
Near knew that Mikami was a sharp thinker, and he must have assumed that Light told Mikami to test the notebook before coming.
So he must have written that in the notebook to stop that from happening. That way, the notebook wouldn't be found to be a fake, and he also was able to restrict Mikami's moves.

Near burnt the notebooks after Light died and Matsuda claims that he was burning the evidence that he wrote Mikami's name in the notebook.

Matsuda also comes up with another suspicion that Near already suspected the notebook Mikami had was a fake, so he used Mello to confirm it.

Then comes one of my favourite parts of the manga. Also part of the convosation between Ide and Matsuda.
Ide: That's not even speculation.
Matsuda: Not speculation?
Ide: It's your wish.
Matsuda: Wish?
Ide: That's right, a wish.
Matsuda: ...
Ide: Light may have been Kira...
Ide: ...but you were fond of Light, weren't you?
Matsuda: My wish... maybe you're right.

sakura
01-08-2008, 12:36 PM
ooooh heres good new on the anime front their is gonna be Lcky Star OVA this september

Plux
01-08-2008, 12:46 PM
ooooh heres good new on the anime front their is gonna be Lcky Star OVA this september

I seriously never understand what you type.
You talk gibberish

hw do download pc?

Neversoft
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I seriously never understand what you type.
You talk gibberish

hw do download pc?

"Oh, heres good news on the anime front. There is going to be a Lucky Star OVA in september."

sakura
01-08-2008, 12:51 PM
sorry im borderline deslexic also DJ Nariiee knows me in RL and she has a hard time understanding what i say also im in sumer school at the moment so im typing really fast

Plux
01-08-2008, 12:51 PM
REMINDER

Anime
Mello and Near, L's 'successors' appear.
Sayu gets kidnapped.
Light's dad hands over the Death Note to Mello in order to rescue her.
Shido the Death God appears in the human world to get back his Death Note
Mello decides to have him join his team.
Light finds out where Mello is hiding and invades to get the Death Note back but Shido kills everyone.
They invade again while Ryuk distracts Shido, everyone on Mello's team is killed apart from him, then he blows up the building and kills Light's dad.
Misa gives up her Death Note.
Mikami becomes the new Kira.
Mikami kills the Kira spokesperson and makes Takada the new one.
Mello kidnaps Takada. Light writes her name on his piece of Death Note and kills her. Mikami also writes her name in his Death Note which leads to Near discovering that Mikami is tricking them with a fake Death Note and his hiding the real one.
Mello dies, don't remember how. Probably by the Death Note.
While all this has been happening Near has been doing NOTHING but steal everyone elses information, abuse the few members on his team, kidnap Misa and Mogi and convert Aizawa to his side.
Finale. Light looses because of Mikami's mistake. Matsuda shoots Light. Mikami stabs himself. Ryuk writes Light's name in his Death Note.
Near's a *****.
END.

Manga ending
Roughly the same ending, but Ryuk kills Light infront of everyone else in the warehouse.
Mikami does not stab himself, but goes crazy 10 days later in jail and dies.
Cuts to 1 year later. The world is back to how it was before Kira was around, although there are still a lot of Kira worshipers who believe he's resting.
Matsuda doesn't know if they made the right decision and kinda shows that he liked the world better when Kira was alive. Ide also kinda shows that he dislikes the world without Kira, but say's that they made the right decision because if they didn't, they'd all be dead right now.
Near is the new L and carry's on his name like L never died.
The task force all now work for Near.
Matsuda and Ide have an insteresting convosation where Matsuda actually shows some intelligence.

Matsuda word's:
Mikami went crazy in jail 10 days after that incident, and died.
A year ago, the notebook Mikami bought with him happened to be a fake.
So it means that Near had Givanni switch it, and he had the real notebook with him.
So I'm sure he must have written something like "Teru Mikami brings the notebook to the yellow box warehouse at 1:30pm, january 28th, 2010, with no doubts about it being real, nor testing it to found out if it was so, and goes crazy ten days later and dies.
Near knew that Mikami was a sharp thinker, and he must have assumed that Light told Mikami to test the notebook before coming.
So he must have written that in the notebook to stop that from happening. That way, the notebook wouldn't be found to be a fake, and he also was able to restrict Mikami's moves.

Near burnt the notebooks after Light died and Matsuda claims that he was burning the evidence that he wrote Mikami's name in the notebook.

Matsuda also comes up with another suspicion that Near already suspected the notebook Mikami had was a fake, so he used Mello to confirm it.

Then comes one of my favourite parts of the manga. Also part of the convosation between Ide and Matsuda.
Ide: That's not even speculation.
Matsuda: Not speculation?
Ide: It's your wish.
Matsuda: Wish?
Ide: That's right, a wish.
Ide: Light may have been Kira...
Ide: ...but you were fond of Light, weren't you?
Matsuda: My wish... maybe you're right.

"Oh, heres good news on the anime front. There is going to be a Lucky Star OVA in september."

Southe,
01-08-2008, 02:55 PM
sorry im borderline deslexic also DJ Nariiee knows me in RL and she has a hard time understanding what i say also im in sumer school at the moment so im typing really fast

I see, im dyslexic aswell tho :S but im one of these weird ones xD never studied for my exams and did well. meh anyway shall post pics in the other thread soon.

PaulMacC
01-08-2008, 06:39 PM

Retype it and check your spelling. would like to read what you have to say :rolleyes:

LOL Dude, I totally agree with that Death Note thing, the past few months some people from school have been watching it, I just felt like spoiling it for them by saying who dies, but I didnt. They were like "Im buying the death note and dvds"

Nemo
01-08-2008, 07:57 PM
LOL Dude, I totally agree with that Death Note thing, the past few months some people from school have been watching it, I just felt like spoiling it for them by saying who dies, but I didnt. They were like "Im buying the death note and dvds"
i know "/, its like im the first one i know that watched me (i think anyway) and then theres a few ppl who think they like anime but just watch the dubs and buy the dolls. its like k?

Rixion
10-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I suggest death note. I havn't seen it myself but everyone recommends it so it must be good.

I'm gonna start with it tonight ;D

Niall!
10-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Somehow I think Code Geass, Naruto and Bleach isn't what vampirism is after. :P

Code Geass isn't some kiddy anime you know, I don't know why you hate it so much, it's pure excellence.

Neversoft
10-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Code Geass isn't some kiddy anime you know, I don't know why you hate it so much, it's pure excellence.

Where did I say I hate it and where did I say it's kiddy? I'm a huge fan of Pokemon you know, I would never dislike something simply because of it's kiddy nature. So you can take that right back.

Code Geass does look like and outstanding anime, but it doesn't seem like an anime that appeals to a wide female audience, hence why I said I don't think it's what vampirism is after.

Notice how I also said I don't think Bleach is what she's after. For your information, Bleach is my third favourite anime. So you're pretty dumb if you think I'm trying to insult Code Geass even when I've lumped it together with one of my favourite animes of all time. This also brings me back to your kiddy comment. Do you think Bleach and Naruto are kiddy, because I certainly don't. So even when I've lumped all three teenage-aimed animes together, why do you assume I'm saying that Code Geass is kiddy?

Trying to provoke me will only end in your execution. Owned and owned.

Ugawa
10-08-2008, 06:53 PM
When you watch anime you should watch it in japanese and read the english subs. It's always better, plus all the good animes aren't in english.

Must see

Death note - every anime fan should watch it
Elfen Lied - amazing, i cried twice in it.
Ouran high host club - extremely funny ^^
Eureka seven - good story line
Loveless - it's a bit strange but it's good.

If you're into yaoi :Warning: boyXboy

Junjou romantica - very sweet stories
sukisyo - funny
papa to kiss in the dark - this is incest, might not be your thing lol, but it's a funny and sweet story

Theres a list of a few

XX

Niall!
10-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Where did I say I hate it and where did I say it's kiddy? I'm a huge fan of Pokemon you know, I would never dislike something simply because of it's kiddy nature. So you can take that right back.

Code Geass does look like and outstanding anime, but it doesn't seem like an anime that appeals to a wide female audience, hence why I said I don't think it's what vampirism is after.

Notice how I also said I don't think Bleach is what she's after. For your information, Bleach is my third favourite anime. So you're pretty dumb if you think I'm trying to insult Code Geass even when I've lumped it together with one of my favourite animes of all time. This also brings me back to your kiddy comment. Do you think Bleach and Naruto are kiddy, because I certainly don't. So even when I've lumped all three teenage-aimed animes together, why do you assume I'm saying that Code Geass is kiddy?

Trying to provoke me will only end in your execution. Owned and owned.

She never said she was after girly animes, and if she did, you recommended Death Note. Well done.

Neversoft
10-08-2008, 09:19 PM
She never said she was after girly animes, and if she did, you recommended Death Note. Well done.

Because Death Note appeals to a wide teenage audience, male and female. :rolleyes: You'd have to be an idiot not to realise that. Yeah, she never said she's after girly animes, that's exactly why I posted Death Note! It's something diverse and original. Seriously, are you even thinking about what you're saying? Because this is going no where from your posts. What girls do you know that are interested in mecha's? Because I don't know any. Why do you continue to argue? This was settled in my last post. You obviously misunderstood me.

Southe,
11-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Looked at my bros bebo then his mates and most of them have a death note related skin. there all like 13 and none of them watch it. -.-
And when ever someone tells me there watching death note i always spoil it for them :)

When you watch anime you should watch it in japanese and read the english subs. It's always better, plus all the good animes aren't in english.

XX

No?

The Dragonball series is one of the best dubs :S i like both sub and dub but i prefer the dub.

One Piece, i prefer sub but the dub is just as good.

And last time i check they were like the most pop series :rolleyes: still bloody shocking no one watches one piece here -.-'

Also since there seems to be alot of death note people here
3rd October Death Note Volume 3 Dvd
13th October Death Note - The Last Name

hoping they bring out 3rd one i thought it was ok..

Ugawa
11-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Looked at my bros bebo then his mates and most of them have a death note related skin. there all like 13 and none of them watch it. -.-
And when ever someone tells me there watching death note i always spoil it for them :)

No?

The Dragonball series is one of the best dubs :S i like both sub and dub but i prefer the dub.

One Piece, i prefer sub but the dub is just as good.

And last time i check they were like the most pop series :rolleyes: still bloody shocking no one watches one piece here -.-'

Also since there seems to be alot of death note people here
3rd October Death Note Volume 3 Dvd
13th October Death Note - The Last Name

hoping they bring out 3rd one i thought it was ok..

I watched the first like 20 eps of one piece but i never really got into it.

Nd yeah i guess dbz is alot better dubbed. In japanese there voices are to high nd it doesn't go well with the muscles lol

XX

Southe,
11-08-2008, 07:50 PM
when it gets to around about. the 30's it starts off. basically first bit is him collecting his crew then they start heading for the grand line ect.

and i suppose but i still like the JP voices. Love the vegeta goku fight :P kaio ken in jp is awesome ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvTgTOSyLPU ^^

Neversoft
11-08-2008, 10:38 PM
when it gets to around about. the 30's it starts off. basically first bit is him collecting his crew then they start heading for the grand line ect.

and i suppose but i still like the JP voices. Love the vegeta goku fight :P kaio ken in jp is awesome ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvTgTOSyLPU ^^

Goku sounds like a bloody air raid siren at the beginning.

Plux
11-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Goku sounds like a bloody air raid siren at the beginning.

AHAHAHAHA!

Yeah rofl!!!

Nemo
12-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Anyone else think she doesnt really care anymore?

Neversoft
12-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Anyone else think she doesnt really care anymore?

I realised this pages back, you're slow!

Southe,
12-08-2008, 08:04 PM
just enjoying the convo lol

Niall!
17-08-2008, 09:45 PM

Must see

Death note - every anime fan should watch it
Elfen Lied - amazing, i cried twice in it.
Ouran high host club - extremely funny ^^
Eureka seven - good story line
Loveless - it's a bit strange but it's good.

If you're into yaoi :Warning: boyXboy

Junjou romantica - very sweet stories
sukisyo - funny
papa to kiss in the dark - this is incest, might not be your thing lol, but it's a funny and sweet story

Theres a list of a few

XX

Thank you so much for posting junjou romantica, it's wonderful. I finished it in a day ^^.

Where did you watch sukisyo?

PaulMacC
17-08-2008, 11:26 PM
I've heard the anime "MONSTER" is good, it's about germany trying to make another hitler out of this small blonde boy and he's so quite but his mind is full of destruction.

Nemo
17-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I've heard the anime "MONSTER" is good, it's about germany trying to make another hitler out of this small blonde boy and he's so quite but his mind is full of destruction.
that actually sounds alright!

Neversoft
17-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I've heard that Monster is pretty good. It's always recommended when someone asks for an anime like Death Note.

PaulMacC
18-08-2008, 01:19 AM
I just watched the first episode of Monster, it's pretty good, here's the summary.

Kenzou Tenma, a Japanese brain surgeon in Germany, had it all: incredible skill at his work, a rich and beautiful fiancee, and a promising career at his hospital. However, after becoming disenchanted by hospital politics, he chose to save the life of a young boy who got shot in the head over the life of the mayor. As a result he lost the support of the hospital director, as well as his position in the hospital and his fiance. A short time later, the hospital director and the doctors that replaced him were murdered, and once again he was catapulted back onto the top. But as the chief suspect of the murders, Tenma did not get a easy life. As a matter of fact, it seems that the boy he saved was much more than he had appeared to be... Now to clear his name and to correct his past mistake, Tenma must get to the bottom of these and other murders, and investigate the truth of the Monster who is behind all of this.

Neversoft
18-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Sounds pretty good. I'll have to watch it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!