PDA

View Full Version : My story... Dead Future

Charizard.
25-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Ok, This is the first time Ive ever posted in this section, Im not sure if the stories your supposed to post are of certain length, But ah well, Mods feel free to edit if Ive done something wrong here... Ok, time for a little explanation, I wrote this story as part of an english assignment, Which was then published in a local magazine, That was published within the school and spread around the school. After some time, I began to continue it, by my teachers request. Here it is so far, Nowhere near finished. From the looks of it, Its going to be a short story, But Ive put a hell of alot of effort into it so far, So enjoy!

- Aaron

Dead Future
Based in the Year 2056

PROLOUGE
An Introduction to Chaos

Fully clad in army gear, he cradled the rifle gently in his arms as he gazed up at the sky; a seemingly endless oblivion filled with demonic spirits leaping in and out of the darkness awaited his gaze. He’d seen pictures of the old sky. The old sky was blue and filled with clouds. Like the spirits but nicer looking, he’d always thought. He couldn’t begin to imagine how that could’ve ever been. He let out a loud yawn and continued his trek.

CHAPTER ONE
A Nightmare Come True

She woke up panting with sweat trickling down her face; she’d had it again… that terrible nightmare. She lay back down, still as a ghost, replaying the images. Jessie Durnham was a young girl with a large imagination. She wasn’t particularly smart, nor skilled in anyway and she knew this and accepted it. Something moved in the far corner of her room. Squinting into the darkness she thought she saw a slight movement, but this could have been Hicks, the family cat. Reassuring herself of this she rested her head back on the pillow. In one superhumanly quick movement a clawed hand shot out of the darkness and grabbed her wrist. She screamed.
The last thing she remembered was being dragged harshly off the comforting safety of the bed and the darkness rushing in.

She was tied to a chair and her head ached like never before. It took some effort before she could fully open her eyes and look around. The room wasn’t much to look at, a couple more chairs and an old mattress that’s musty aroma was so strong she could smell it from halfway across the room. A dirty bulb hung bare from the ceiling, flickering now and then. The dark pea-green wallpaper was peeling on every wall, stained and weathered.
The brass **** on the door turned slowly and a dark shape slithered into the room, carrying a limp body over its shoulder. Yellow eyes shone in the light of the lonely bulb. Turning away from her, their owner placed the form of another child onto a chair in the corner. After admiring its new trophy for some time, the creature turned to Jessie. It gazed at her unnervingly. She turned her head to avoid the unblinking eyes. The thing lumbered slowly towards the door. The door slammed shut and all was silent.

CHAPTER TWO
The War Continues

The sound of explosions drowned out his hearing as he dived into the shallow ditch. He squinted up at the sky, just in time to see a pair of jet fighters being swallowed by a demonic spirit leaping out of the darkness. The explosions stopped, only to be replaced by consistent gunfire echoing across the battlefield. His name was Gavin Williamson, His rough features, unshaven face and minor wounds hid his true good looks. He’d joined the army in an act of courage, but deeply regretted it now that he was on the front line. He swallowed deeply and made a quick sprint for the next checkpoint, a line of bullets instinctively chasing his feet. He ducked behind a small dune and took a sip from his provisions flask. Some smoke cleared in front of him, revealing two menacing figures slowly aiming their rifles at Gavin.

The shadowy figure ran along the long bridge, which was frequently used by the American army. Eventually reaching the maintenance tower, he pulled out a homemade lock pick. After much struggling it broke free, allowing him entrance. Slipping in he looked around frantically for guards, then hurried to the nearby staircase down. A slow shaking above him caught him unaware, and puzzled him momentarily, until he realized that it was just another squadron of tanks rumbling across the unsteady bridge. Carrying on, he arrived at the main underground deck, which was right under the very middle of the bridge.
“Ha! This’ll teach those damn Americans for destroying our sky!” he muttered to no one in particular. He pulled out a small L-39 time bomb, capable of a large enough blast to destroy the entire bridge, and planted it so it was hidden from view. The figure turned around and hurried up the stairs and snuck back out the main entrance so he was out on the bridge again. Only this time, three soldiers confronted him, each one aiming their gun at him. He backed up slowly with his hands in the air, until he was at the very edge of the bridge.
“Oh, no…” said one of the guards, finally realizing what he was going to do.
“Oh yes.” The man laughed, and swung himself over the edge of the bridge, plunging into the murky water below. The three guards hurried up to bridge in unison, pointing their torches towards the large river beneath them.
Far below, the infiltrator swam towards the shore, where a carefully placed motorbike was waiting.

CHAPTER THREE
The Final Flight

The creature pulled Jessie onto the roof, along with the other captive. It pointed one of its clawed fingers towards a PC-9 Blackbird, an incredibly old plane, the fastest of its time though. Gesturing them into it, the creature climbed into the ****pit and began the lift-off procedures. Helpless, Jessie stared out the window at the spirit-infested sky. The creature had untied them earlier, and led them up a six-floor staircase that led to the roof. To Jessie’s disappointment, the building was abandoned, who knows when. As the Blackbird took off, a quick glimpse of movement was noticeable on the roof. Pressing her face against the ****pit window, Jessie strained to see what it was, then she realised. She was already screaming when the plane shook and became engulfed in fire. Who had shot them? How had he followed them without being seen? More importantly, what was he?

Gavin awoke on a metal table, naked from the waist above. The room was empty, and badly lighted. Struggling to see, he sat up; pain struck him like lighting striking a metal rod. He glanced downwards, to see to his horror that his hands had been nailed down. He screamed, thrashing furiously like a beached whale. The door opened, a man clad in a thick white robe entered, an obvious sign that he was a scientist.
“Ah, we thought that the screaming was you, don’t worry, the nails wont do that much permanent damage.” He explained with a large smirk.
“Wh-where am I…?” Asked Gavin, squinting to see his surroundings. Chuckling, the scientist turned to a silver tray, with various knifes and drills on.
“Well, you could say you are with friends… the people that designed you really… I suppose your confused, here let me explain…” Pausing momentarily, he pulled another silver tray, this time with a projector on top, so it was facing a blank wall, turning it on, he continued, “You were bred for a purpose, you might find this shocking, but you had a couple extra injections, as a child. You are a super soldier, as some might say, a genetically engineered child. The changes in your body are only starting to begin, A second puberty… Super human powers, such as incredible speed, strength, invisibility and amazing reflexes and evasion techniques.” He explained thoroughly.
“I don’t understand though… what’s this all about? Why?” questioned Gavin.
“Ah… We, America, Have been trying to create a super spy, to foil the Russians plans. We have had many attempts at creating such a being… and you are the first to be successful.” Pausing, he turned on the Projector, which began showing pictures of failed and mutilated experiments. “As you can see… the others turned out, quite unsuccessful. But, some did survive luckily, and are now being used to retrieve the other super soldiers. They do not have all the same attributes as you, but have incredible speed and strength, enough to get them out of tough situations. From the reports I’m getting, I hear they are taking the other potential’s here right away. I hope this is cleared it up for you.” Concluded the scientist, turning off the projector.
“Ah… I see. Well, I have a couple of questions. Number one, why the nails and knifes? Number two, who are the other “potentials”?” Asked Gavin, puzzled. The scientist paused, then turned the projector back on and replaced the slide. Now it was showing pictures of failed experiments attacking the scientists working on them.
“Those are equally both good questions. For the latter, I’m sure the projector explains quite enough, but just incase, I’ll explain for you. Some experiments were… unstable. And we soon found that when they awoke, they went insane, almost instantly. We had to put them down, as seven scientists were killed… a memorial has been designed, and is being constructed. Well, enough about that, as for the other potentials, there are two. Young children, and due to strange computer error, or so it seems, your sister is one of those two children. Don’t worry, she’ll be in save hands.” He smirked, then added, “Someone will be along shortly to remove those nails, don’t worry, I promise it’ll be harmless.” He said, as he quickly stepped out the room, and walked off down the corridor. Breathing out, Gavin slumped against the table, and waited for the sound of footsteps to reappear.

Scrambling out the wreckage, Jessie coughed, and then the pain hit her. Looking down, her legs were broken, twisted into sickening angles. Turning away, she crawled onto the pavement, struggling to breath.

Jashmine
26-06-2005, 10:17 AM
I only got to
"“Ha! This’ll teach those damn Americans for destroying our sky!”"
Before stopping to post this.
Because I wanted to say...
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks good from what I did read :)
[Im a lazy bum who lives in a trash can and doesn't know how to read]

-=rooty987=-
26-06-2005, 10:31 AM
I really liked it. I like the despciption of the room in chapter 1.
Love Dan
xxx

Charizard.
26-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Haha, Thanks, I always think of the first bit as the best, As the rest is less descriptive and more filler then anything.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!