PDA

View Full Version : Foster Child Help!

Gorguz14eva
01-08-2008, 07:28 AM
I am a foster child, Id like to meet my real parents...
But how do I find them
I dont know where to start :S

Any ideas?!?
I dont likke being dumped on doorsteps of strangers everyday....

:(

J0SH
01-08-2008, 08:59 AM
That's a tricky one.. It all depends if you was adopted or not becuase your foster parents would of had details of your real parents, full name etc then you could of searched for them on some social network sites or FriendsReunited etc. Sorry to hear :( But I wouldn't really wanna meet my Mum and Dad if they just decided to not look after me.

Crimson
01-08-2008, 10:41 AM
That's a tricky one.. It all depends if you was adopted or not becuase your foster parents would of had details of your real parents, full name etc then you could of searched for them on some social network sites or FriendsReunited etc. Sorry to hear :( But I wouldn't really wanna meet my Mum and Dad if they just decided to not look after me.

If they decided not to look after someone they would have dumped them on the streets instead of going to a proper children's home - or to an immediate carer/foster parent. That is extremely disrespectful - although I know you didn't mean it offensivily you should watch what you say. It could have been to do with money - or even maybe illness of one of hte parents.

Anyway,
on topic;
Have you spoken to your Foster Parents? They should have documents, or your social worker (if you have one). The best way to get in touch with your real family is by talking to your Foster parents. They will surely help you.

Bef
04-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Hmm, it really depends on your circumstances and what country u live in. I was in and out of foster care when i was younger but i always knew my real mam but i know kids who wer ther from birth and had no real clue who ther parents were.

I know theres something about not being able to tell the kid if ther parents looking for them until ther 18 and im not sure but i think that u cant go looking for them till ur 18 (in UK)

a mate of mine went looking for his ma when he was 18 and found out she was a complete crack head. Hed been making her out in his own head to be this wonderful person whod been to young to keep him but in actual fact she had been a complete mess and hadnt looked after him properly. He found out that he had been close to death when social services took him away.
It really messed with his head and he now wishes he never went looking for her.
Ur real parents may not be good people and that is something u really need to consider if ur going to ever go looking for them
Im guessing as a foster kid ul be able to see some sort of counciler (i was always getting sent to them) so maybe this is something u could speak to them about.
U need to make sure ur prepared for what u may find out.

Redacted
04-08-2008, 10:41 PM
GenesReunited.com

xoxox

Coheed&Cambria
04-08-2008, 11:53 PM
If its long term fostering (with the same familly untill your 18) The foster parents you have will tell you when the time is right. Trust me, they will tell you. Just have patience.

IceNineKills
06-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Ask your foster parents and your social worker. They don't have the rights to not tell you.

My parents long term foster 2 boys and they've always known where there parents were.

Jordy
06-08-2008, 06:16 PM
There's probably a good reason why your a foster child unfortunately, it's a choice the parent wouldn't of had to of made lightly or it might not of even been their choice if they were a 'Crack head' like someone else's were. You need to ask yourself if you really want to meet your parent(s) and look at other people's experiences. I imagine it's difficult not knowing, but your parents are probably not going to be wonderful people to be brutally honest. Try find out how you got into Foster Care in the first place and go from there.

I'd try consult a social worker or ask your Foster Parent's (If you have some).

I'd also recommend typing it into Google, I'm sure they'll be many sites willing to help you or point you in the right direction.

ChimpTears
07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
GenesReunited.com

xoxox
exactly what I was thinking

N-Dubz
08-08-2008, 01:30 AM
maybe you should think about this and try looking for them when your older?

Earthquake
11-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Speak with your social worker, also sorry about to hear of you being fostered :(

Nuka-Cola
20-08-2008, 04:45 PM
you wanna get a copy of your birth certificate if you want names but yh sociale worker. and at the age of 16 or 18 or something you have the right to know. until then it up to the foster parents

Imp!
20-08-2008, 04:58 PM
It depends because I think your parents have a choice weather they would like to know about you like your picture recently or they can decide against it and that your not there, sorry to put it like that x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!