PDA

View Full Version : Need help on how to start a website!

longlyfe
01-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Not sure if this is in the right place, but I want some advice on how to start or set up my website?

Im thinking its something along the lines of:

1. Look for web hosting.
2. buy a domain name? or does it come with web hosting?
3. create website
4. transfer to the web server

is that correct? is there any other info i need to know?

please help, thanks

Holofoil
04-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Get the programs you want to use I suppose

L?KE
05-08-2008, 10:17 AM
If you don't know entirely, then perhaps you shouldn't go ahead with it. Read up on it a bit more.

Fehm
13-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Personaly, Invest in a copy of Dreamweaver or Nvu, Nvu is free but with limitations. Develope your site on yrou computer before going ahead. I think i might of buimped this thread, and if i have im sorry =]

Mistajam
13-08-2008, 12:44 PM
WEll before you can start your going to know what you are wanting to create, I mean you can't have a website devoted to tesco and talk about asda through out, Plan it out carefully. Design a layout either in Photoshop if you can afford or go with the bulk basic, use paint. Once you have designed your interface then move on to learning how to code html (Don't use layers/tables) waste of time go straight to coding with DIV's and css intergration. Once you have that complete and coded, start working on the content somewhere along the line you are going to need to use PHP, learn the basics of that (well if need be) and then advance until you can create what you want. Now you have your website on your desktop/my documents what ever its time to look for some webhosting personally I would recomend www.Hostgator.com never had any problems with them. Now investing in a domain, www.xeodomains.co.uk / www.xeodomains.mobi always have gone with Stu. Upload your website either through CPanel or through an FTP client such as SmartFTP. Continue to develop your website and voila.

Do not buy the hosting/domain until it is needed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!