PDA

View Full Version : wireless headset

cocaine
01-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Does anyone own this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Wireless-Headset/dp/B000I2MAH6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1217612695&sr=8-5

And is it any good?

Naruto!
01-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah, they're brilliant, defanatly worth it :D

Tbh
01-08-2008, 05:56 PM
2 of my friends have them and they say they arent worth the money
plus whenever we play games ect you can always hear a buzzing coming from them and their voices arent as clear

cocaine
01-08-2008, 05:59 PM
hm ok i think for the sake of £30 ill keep the wired one that'll come with the console :D ta

Johno
01-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Agreed, they are alot better than the wired ones.

Alot clearer too :)

Yeah, they're brilliant, defanatly worth it :D

J0SH
01-08-2008, 07:06 PM
I've got one, it's amazing. Plus with the wired one trust me you yank it out a lot and it's annoying. I'd just go with wireless, a lot better and people can hear your voice clearer and it has a decent battery life.

Jordy
01-08-2008, 08:19 PM
I've got one and I'd never go back now, it's never once ran out of charge, it charges via USB Cable so I just connect mine to charge while my computer is on, and that's all the time...

The sound quality in the wired one's isn't great and mine was forever falling out, and the sliding mute button was sometimes confusing and wasteful during a game.

I personally like wireless stuff and I'm always popping to the toilet, so I just tap mute on the headset and quickly run to the toilet, I can still hear what's going on and I don't have to worry about putting it back on.

The sound quality is amazing, mine has so good sound quality it occasionally picks up sound from the TV which I guess is actually a bad thing but it's nothing to worry about and I've never found anyone else with that problem.

They are prone to break though, if you read reviews on the internet you'll find they're always breaking unfortunately, but Microsoft will usually just send you one straight away anyway. I've had one break so far in about 6 months. I'd certainly buy one but it is a hefty price tag none of the less.

cocaine
01-08-2008, 08:24 PM
I've got one and I'd never go back now, it's never once ran out of charge, it charges via USB Cable so I just connect mine to charge while my computer is on, and that's all the time...

The sound quality in the wired one's isn't great and mine was forever falling out, and the sliding mute button was sometimes confusing and wasteful during a game.

I personally like wireless stuff and I'm always popping to the toilet, so I just tap mute on the headset and quickly run to the toilet, I can still hear what's going on and I don't have to worry about putting it back on.

The sound quality is amazing, mine has so good sound quality it occasionally picks up sound from the TV which I guess is actually a bad thing but it's nothing to worry about and I've never found anyone else with that problem.

They are prone to break though, if you read reviews on the internet you'll find they're always breaking unfortunately, but Microsoft will usually just send you one straight away anyway. I've had one break so far in about 6 months. I'd certainly buy one but it is a hefty price tag none of the less.

Reading all of that I think I may invest in one.. because as you say if it does break then it can be replaced :) Cheers everyone.

And also, I was going to say, it's a good idea to have the mute function on it, I doubt anyone would want to hear you on the crapper pushing one out..

CJW93
01-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Worth every penny, a fully charged battery could last 1 wekka dn a half? If your not an addict.

Also charging is easy and you can charge whilst at school, so when you retun you got a fully charged headset.

redtom
02-08-2008, 11:46 PM

Doesn't it charge if you plug it into the 360 and will still charge if the 360 is "off" just aslong as there power connected?

J0SH
03-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Doesn't it charge if you plug it into the 360 and will still charge if the 360 is "off" just aslong as there power connected?

Yeah it does but to save it taking up Xbox 360 ports some of us charge it via PC :P

Javascrypt
03-08-2008, 02:15 AM
Does anyone own this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Wireless-Headset/dp/B000I2MAH6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1217612695&sr=8-5

And is it any good?

Wireless are much better and yes you do yank the wired one out alot :]

redtom
03-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Yeah it does but to save it taking up Xbox 360 ports some of us charge it via PC :P

Oh yeah forgot the 360 only had 3, I don't tend to use them much, thanks :)

04-08-2008, 12:30 AM
I had a used one and it broke. IF your gonna spend that much on a headset just get a turtlebeach wired one they;re like surround sound in your head

GhostFace-
04-08-2008, 01:59 AM
half of the storys i hear people say that they dont charge, they are fuzzy, they dont turn on, the other half say that they work perfect to i guess you take a chance

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!