PDA

View Full Version : first photoshop layout woo

Protege
01-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, I've never used photoshop before (I use fireworks), got a few tips off of Josh (Plux, iTech or what other feggy name he has) and tried to design something 'half-decent', well without more of this seriously boring text heres the result.

http://jamesrozee.com/layout%20copy.jpg

Thank 'maytee', its Inventive enit.

I'm not a graphics sort of guy and to add this sin't for 'interstudios', it was just something to put at the top.

Plux
01-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Ahah, nice James.
Simple, and colourful :D

Excellent
01-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Well, I've never used photoshop before (I use fireworks), got a few tips off of Josh (Plux, iTech or what other feggy name he has) and tried to design something 'half-decent', well without more of this seriously boring text heres the result.

http://jamesrozee.com/layout%20copy.jpg

Thank 'maytee', its Inventive enit.

I'm not a graphics sort of guy.Looks okay and will you stop trying to be funny because it's not working.

Protege
01-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Thank you darlings, Though I don't try to be funny ;o

Fireworks quick sketch up, done in a few minutes but see which you prefer.

http://www.jamesrozee.com/fireworksvPhotosho.png

Calon
01-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Prefer #2.

You can't really call it a layout, as it's just a gradient and a box.

But, good work.

Plux
01-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah, that could be called a small layout
Add a nav and a content area.

Agnostic Bear
02-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Prefer #2.

But, good work.

You probably prefer #2 simply because it's in Fireworks. They're both the same company. Also the Fireworks logo in your sig is horrible quality, go get it from www.adobe.com

Oh also, the first one is better, nicer colours and it doesn't have that weird border around it.

Protege
02-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Yeah they're the same company but the methods of design is much different, I've designed in fireworks for ages, Haven't really touched on photoshop.

Calon
02-08-2008, 01:57 AM
You probably prefer #2 simply because it's in Fireworks. They're both the same company. Also the Fireworks logo in your sig is horrible quality, go get it from www.adobe.com (http://www.adobe.com)

Oh also, the first one is better, nicer colours and it doesn't have that weird border around it.
No, the gradient extends and is lighter in #2.

They no longer publish fireworks, so I couldn't find an image from Adobe for it.

Jahova
02-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Quite good so far, keep it simple and it'll be fine.

Josh-H
02-08-2008, 08:47 AM
It's not really a layout is it.. just one box with a header.

Regardless, for a first it's not bad. Certainly not as bad as most of the junk on here that claim to be firsts.

Protege
02-08-2008, 09:56 AM
That's where most of you guys go wrong, you think a 'layout' has to look generic so there's no imagination or inspiration at all just a layout that looks exactly/similar to someone else's, this site could be a portal etc.

Meti
02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
as Calon said. You can't call it a layout. It just a header, and a box.

Protege
02-08-2008, 06:34 PM
So your saying a layout has to have what?

Calon
02-08-2008, 06:37 PM
That's where most of you guys go wrong, you think a 'layout' has to look generic so there's no imagination or inspiration at all just a layout that looks exactly/similar to someone else's, this site could be a portal etc.

Layout is for positioning etc.. but I can actually say that it's nice.

mousey
02-08-2008, 07:41 PM
It's all it needs to be to be fair (:, Nav can go in box or even it could technically be flash inside ;)

Andys
03-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Prefer #2.

But, good work.
could say the same about Nivade.
It's just a header which makes it looks stupid.

Anyway it's allright but on #2 the outer glow looks wierd for some reason.

Calon
03-08-2008, 05:53 PM
could say the same about Nivade.
It's just a header which makes it looks stupid.

Anyway it's allright but on #2 the outer glow looks wierd for some reason.Are you obsessed with Nivade or something?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!