PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty? + A Mic Problem [+REP]

myke
02-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Heyyy.
As some of you may know, I'm new to Xbox, and Call of duty, I really am being owned most of the time and it's annoying.

So any tips?

I've noticed people are really competitive online!! Swearing and everything.

Also, my mic [I have the new one which is just a jack], has the mute button near my mouth, I slide it to 'mute' and it doesn't mute? :S Any idea?

I wasa going to try and get a wireless one from microsoft, but I can't do phone calls, I get really embarassed or whatever :(

Thanks,
Myke

Naruto!
02-08-2008, 04:07 PM
yes i get embarrassed aswell :P But i called them and just be assertive lol, worked for me and i got a wireless adapter even though i had one and then i said " you mean 2 weeks without xbox live which is taken out of my subscription? " and she sent me another month :P
and as for cod4 tips, m16, stopping power and that maybe will help :P
No idea about your mic though sorry

myke
02-08-2008, 04:20 PM
See, I just can't do that? If I ring, I just cant lie :(!

Anyone want to do it for me? :D Put it on ebay and I'll buy it for a fiver >:]

Ok, all these "powers" and "helicopters" and "air raids" confuse me :(!

Jordy
02-08-2008, 04:38 PM
The mute button mutes YOUR microphone so they can't hear you, it doesn't mute you hearing them, you have to turn the volume down to do that.

Okay here's the helicopters etc explained

When you get 3 kills in a row with out dying, you get a 'UAV Recon', press right on the D-Pad to activate it, for the next 30 seconds it displays everyone on the enemy team on the radar as red dots.

When you get 5 kills in a row with out dying, you get a 'Air Strike', same to activate it again, then select on the map where you want missiles to be dropped by aircraft above. Then about 7 seconds later, the missiles will be dropped and anyone on the enemy team will be killed.

When you get 7 kills in a row with out dying, you get to call in a 'Helicopter' (AKA Chopper), this helicopter comes in and automatically shoots and tries to kill the enemy team for you, it stays there for about 2-4 minutes.

I wouldn't focus on getting kill streaks for now, I'd focus on staying alive. Like someone recommended, try using the M16 gun, or the class called 'Assault' when the games loading. It took me ages to get the hang of, but Halo 3 helped me get the grasp of COD4. Try to crack staying alive like I said and go from there. Don't run out in the middle of violence, it doesn't work in COD4 usually and keep your eye on the grenade marker.

If you need help with anymore terms on COD4, try this website: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty_Wiki

I'd only play Team Deathmatch for now, best way to learn, the other one's have objectives and you need to learn to stay alive and kill before you do them :P

If you want I'll come and spectate you while your in a Team Deathmatch and I'll try advise what to do and where to go, I'm free most of the evening ;)

sock
02-08-2008, 04:46 PM
I get EXACTLY the same problem with my mic, it does mute but it does says it doesn't, know why, sorry lol.

Spiffing
02-08-2008, 06:18 PM
i just leave mine unmuted and dont talk, pmsl
or if i die alot i go mad and scream ;D

Armal
02-08-2008, 06:43 PM
m16 stopping power (if you take time and get very good with the gun you will be unstoppable) and Mp5 Stopping power for small maps like Vacant, crossfire (If you go indoors) and some others. Or you could just bum the M4 and spam with stopping power which is also quite good.

Just remember that you can shoot through walls and that minimizing how much body your opponents can see and you will do good.

Also i recommend domination, its like tdm but with flags and you dont get that many people camping and i think that it is the funnest and easiest game mode (It also improves your aim highly)

myke
02-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks all, but I want to hear them, I don't want them hearing me though! :(

How do I use these "powers"?

Coheed&Cambria
02-08-2008, 08:24 PM

Powers..as in perks?

GhostFace-
02-08-2008, 08:29 PM
The mute button mutes YOUR microphone so they can't hear you, it doesn't mute you hearing them, you have to turn the volume down to do that.

Okay here's the helicopters etc explained

When you get 3 kills in a row with out dying, you get a 'UAV Recon', press right on the D-Pad to activate it, for the next 30 seconds it displays everyone on the enemy team on the radar as red dots.

When you get 5 kills in a row with out dying, you get a 'Air Strike', same to activate it again, then select on the map where you want missiles to be dropped by aircraft above. Then about 7 seconds later, the missiles will be dropped and anyone on the enemy team will be killed.

When you get 7 kills in a row with out dying, you get to call in a 'Helicopter' (AKA Chopper), this helicopter comes in and automatically shoots and tries to kill the enemy team for you, it stays there for about 2-4 minutes.

I wouldn't focus on getting kill streaks for now, I'd focus on staying alive. Like someone recommended, try using the M16 gun, or the class called 'Assault' when the games loading. It took me ages to get the hang of, but Halo 3 helped me get the grasp of COD4. Try to crack staying alive like I said and go from there. Don't run out in the middle of violence, it doesn't work in COD4 usually and keep your eye on the grenade marker.

If you need help with anymore terms on COD4, try this website: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty_Wiki

I'd only play Team Deathmatch for now, best way to learn, the other one's have objectives and you need to learn to stay alive and kill before you do them :P

If you want I'll come and spectate you while your in a Team Deathmatch and I'll try advise what to do and where to go, I'm free most of the evening ;)

LISTEN TO JORDY HE KNOWS WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT :D

if you want to hear them put your volume up
if you dont want them to hear you mute yourself.

and you use your powers with the D-Pad

myke
02-08-2008, 08:34 PM
I know to mute myself, but I'm saying, my mute thing isn't working!! it's not muting

GhostFace-
02-08-2008, 08:35 PM
I know to mute myself, but I'm saying, my mute thing isn't working!! it's not muting

maybe its broken call microsoft

Jord
02-08-2008, 08:42 PM
i just leave mine unmuted and dont talk, pmsl
or if i die alot i go mad and scream ;D

same here mate lol

myke
02-08-2008, 08:43 PM
which I have already said, I can't because I can't do phonecalls, I get embarassed too easily!! and when i touch the jack plug, the mic fuzzes.

these new mics suck.

GhostFace-
02-08-2008, 08:50 PM
which I have already said, I can't because I can't do phonecalls, I get embarassed too easily!! and when i touch the jack plug, the mic fuzzes.

these new mics suck.

have a relative or someone call or else get a new mic and sell yours on ebay

Coheed&Cambria
02-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I would get one from microsoft and ebay it for you, but i dunno how to send it off to you..

myke
02-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Post?

Courier?

J0SH
03-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Start off in Team Deathmatches and then when you slowly get better start playing Headquaters for quickest exp so you can hurry to 10th prestige then you never need to worry about leveling again.

yido
03-08-2008, 12:07 PM
ill play with you add thfc danny

Camy
03-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Shouting abuse at people is half the fun of cod :P

While your getting used to the game, maybe you just try camping all the time. Like playing a team deathmatch, and hiding, and killing people when they go past you.

Supersam
03-08-2008, 10:30 PM
If your not yet the level at which you can make your own class try opting for the Assault class or even the Heavy Gunner class.

When you can make your own classes you want to choose your first perks ("red" perks) carefully:

Stopping Power - This gives you 1.5x more damage on your bullets.
Juggernaut - This gives you 2x more health so you can take more damage.

Thos two are the best ones to use.

Some people are saying M16 but most of the time for begginners its best to try with fully automatics like the M4 or AK47 or even MP5.

Zoom in for almost every kill unless they are like 1 meter away if your a beginner.

Oh and if your radar kicks in you can press start to see the full map to scan for the enemies.

If you need anymore help just add me on xbl >>>> StP LeThAL

Coheed&Cambria
03-08-2008, 11:41 PM
You dont always nesseserally camp with a sniper.. You can go on domination, capture the first flag and hide near it with an mp5, set up some c4 if your a low level and just wait, you might not get many kills, But if you want to become a good sniper, this i suppose is a good way to test your patience :D

myke
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks all, I'm currently at Corporal I level.

I am able to create my own class, too.

I just need to unlock the red dot sight [how?] and how to unlock clan tags.

Also, when you say "zoom in", how do I do that?

p.s. I fixed my mic, it had been muted I just thought the icon was there when you talk... LOL

sock
04-08-2008, 08:59 AM
to unlock red dot sight just get 25 kills with 1 weapon.

Coheed&Cambria
04-08-2008, 11:48 AM
And if you want more camoflauge for weapons, you need to start getting headshots with them.

myke
04-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Ok, thanks. : )

Hope to see some of you online

Coheed&Cambria
04-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Ok, thanks. : )

Hope to see some of you online

No probs, and if you want any more help, just ask any of us :D

myke
05-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Haha thanks, if anyone wants to add me, feel free. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!