PDA

View Full Version : The unscratchable is not so... unscratchable.

Recursion
03-08-2008, 06:25 PM
So, using my iPod Touch quite happily, have been for like 4 months now and its been great... until I noticed 4 extremellllllllyyyyyy deep scratches on the screen.

How? I don't even know! :( I thought it was meant to be glass and unscratchable by anything but diamonds... which I have no need or want for and so don't own them.

I can tell it isn't liquid or food or something as when I run my nail over it to get it off my nail goes into the scratch? You know you just get that scratch feeling? LOL

Even my damn phone, with a plastic screen, has no scratches.

Is there anything that can be done?! :( My iPod is my baby! LMAO.

Calon
03-08-2008, 06:28 PM
So, using my iPod Touch quite happily, have been for like 4 months now and its been great... until I noticed 4 extremellllllllyyyyyy deep scratches on the screen.

How? I don't even know! :( I thought it was meant to be glass and unscratchable by anything but diamonds... which I have no need or want for and so don't own them.

I can tell it isn't liquid or food or something as when I run my nail over it to get it off my nail goes into the scratch? You know you just get that scratch feeling? LOL

Even my damn phone, with a plastic screen, has no scratches.

Is there anything that can be done?! :( My iPod is my baby! LMAO.
Cover it with some plastic coating, the stuff you get one you buy the iPod, I never have taken mine off. :P

Technologic
03-08-2008, 06:34 PM
This'll teach you not to keep your bling in the same pocket as your touch

Get one of those leather covers they sell in john lewis

Calon
03-08-2008, 06:35 PM
This'll teach you not to keep your bling in the same pocket as your touch

Get one of those leather covers they sell in john lewis
Good idea, I want to protect my baby too.

Pyroka
03-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Get some Polyfilla! :D

Ok in all seriousness (lol), you might be able to get a sort of repair for it... like how you can repair cd's by using a polish which fills the scratches. I'd google some advice for ipod touch scratch repair. ;)

Robby
03-08-2008, 06:37 PM
I always keep mine in my pocket with coins etc and havent got any scratches

DaveTaylor
03-08-2008, 06:38 PM
never scratched mine yet and mine goes in my pocket with my keys so :s

Recursion
03-08-2008, 06:39 PM
The only thing it may go in the same pocket as is my phone and memory stick =[

Technologic
03-08-2008, 06:42 PM
The only thing it may go in the same pocket as is my phone and memory stick =[
Well don't keep your vertu and touch together then

e5
03-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Take it back to the shop and tell them it's scratched when it's meant to be unscratchable!

Recursion
03-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Is there anything Apple could do for it? It's still in Warranty :P

Pyroka
03-08-2008, 06:52 PM
They could probably mend the screen with some special gel.

Nick.
03-08-2008, 07:18 PM
I have these as well, it's really annoying. I also have 5 dead pixels which are just red. I use my iPod 5G cloth case for my iPod Touch, easy to access and works like a dream. I'm going to purchase an invisible shield before I get my iPhone though!

Because it's your fault, they would probably replace the glass screen for a cost.

Recursion
03-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Fair dos on the back, its never seen and is easily scratched, but the screen?!

Ill give Apple a call or something tomorrow, thanks guys.

Luke
03-08-2008, 08:37 PM
lol, that's weird, i've dropped mine like onto the fireplace thing (screen first and it hit a corner) and it didn't make a mark :S

sue them for false advertising lol :P

Nick.
03-08-2008, 08:43 PM
lol, that's weird, i've dropped mine like onto the fireplace thing (screen first and it hit a corner) and it didn't make a mark :S

sue them for false advertising lol :P
I fail to see where they have false advertised?

Luke
03-08-2008, 08:51 PM
"Un-scratchable"

it's scratched.

Robbie
03-08-2008, 08:56 PM
"Un-scratchable"

it's scratched.

I don't think they have ever said "it's unscratchable" (correct me if I'm wrong), for this exact reason. Maybe they said its VERY HARD to.?

Holofoil
03-08-2008, 09:06 PM
That's the reason I didn't get the touch, I know I'd scratch it. I'm happy with my 80gb lol. I've got loads of movies on it.

By the way, I don't think any company would call it unscratchable... that's just asking for someone to prove them wrong. There's always someone who will scratch it and try sue them.

Nick.
03-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Where on their website/advertising does it say unscratchable? I didn't say tell me a word they could of used...

newWORLDorder
03-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Ring Apple..
they will ask you to box it up and they will fix it for youu, and you and you and you.. *Jim'll fix it moment'

If they cant fix it they replace it.

Recursion
03-08-2008, 09:36 PM
By unscratchable I didn't mean Apple said it was :P

Luckyrare
04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Only a few scratches, dont worry

If you dont want to scratch it dont put in it your pocket with your stuff.

or wrap it up in cotton wool...

Access
04-08-2008, 02:33 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/JML-GS27-Car-Scratch-Remover/dp/B0001PY4FQ

Metric1
05-08-2008, 05:09 AM
I keep mine in my pocket with keys, money, credit cards, I leave it in my cupholder and still no scratches!

Firehorse
05-08-2008, 08:41 PM
get the iskin diabolo afterwards (comes with a screen protector) The case I love the look of the most or you could go for invisible shield.

MrCraig
09-08-2008, 10:12 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/JML-GS27-Car-Scratch-Remover/dp/B0001PY4FQ

Thats for cars? PMSL.

Breakfloor
09-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Is there anything Apple could do for it? It's still in Warranty :P
the wont repair any thats not under the maufacturers fault. like case is molded rubbish, the screen isnt touch sensitive, dead pixels or firmware malfunctions.

so, no. but you can get a liquid in a bottle where you spray and rub in with a small clothe, it fills the cracks, drys and looks like glass.

Loqo
16-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Send it back to Apple? But I know you have jailbreaked it so they wont be happy. I dont know, my back is quite badly scratched but not the front? I know it is unscratchable but with you saying it is deep, maybe its 4 cracks? Maybe you have dropped it and not realized it caused cracks. The iPod Touch screen is not uncrackable for sure.

blanky12!
16-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I keep mine in my pocket with keys, money, credit cards, I leave it in my cupholder and still no scratches!
By cup holder, I hope you mean an actuall cup, not you're cup ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!