PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous for "Teens and older member's" section?

Recursion
06-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Hello,

Would it be possible to have an anonymous option for this section?

Like on TSR they make it so when you post, you tick a box and it is approved by a moderator before it is posted.

It's like, i've posted in that section before, and it has been thrown back at me in other sections, such as the technology section.

Tom

brandon
06-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I like the idea and if possible I would like to see it implemented.

Plank
06-08-2008, 08:02 PM
I like this idea too.

It was suggested a month ago, not sure what the outcome was though.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=500486&highlight=anonymous

Recursion
06-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Ah ok, also make it so only the OP could reply as anonymous too :P

Lee
06-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Make it so guests can create posts / reply in that forum?

mangle
06-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I'd happily have it the anonymous way, incline me to post there more often.

today
06-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I still stand against this.

There is proper teen forums with real support from trained members who use this feature.

Shall i say that again? A proper teen forum with real members who deal with proper issues who are trained to speak to you. Not Habbox users.

Exaclty, i dont see it as something we need, honestly if you feel unsure of posting on HabboxForum then simply dont and use another forum..

Recursion
06-08-2008, 08:46 PM
why? :/

today
06-08-2008, 08:46 PM
why? :/
Edited post.

Recursion
06-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Personally, I cannot see whats wrong with asking for opinions from different people on different forums :P

today
06-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Personally, I cannot see whats wrong with asking for opinions from different people on different forums :P
Nor can i, but the annonymous would only need to be used for more sexual, private questions which Habbox don't allow anyway.

Zehro
06-08-2008, 08:53 PM
I agree with both.

On one hand, keeping it Anonymous would make people feel happier as they know they will be dealt with in a mature way.
On the other hand, if you feel uncomfortable posting in the Teen life section where your identity will be revealed, just don't post.

However, I think it would be a good idea.

sierk1
07-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I think an anonymous option would be a good idea for certain forums where people post very personal or sensitive information. But then the posts would need to be moderated I guess. But is this an existing option for vBulletin forums?

luce
07-08-2008, 03:36 PM
i do think think this is a good idea, but would this encourage more people to make noob posts? or maybe trolling them more?

---MAD---
07-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Nor can i, but the annonymous would only need to be used for more sexual, private questions which Habbox don't allow anyway.
That's what I was thinking. If people don't feel comfortable posting things on the forum then they shouldn't post them.

vBulletin doesn't have a feature which allows anonymous posting anyway.

BlueTango
07-08-2008, 03:44 PM
That's what I was thinking. If people don't feel comfortable posting things on the forum then they shouldn't post them.

Actually: it can be done on VBulletin forums:

http://i37.tinypic.com/15xpag9.jpg

As is shown in the top right corner of the post bit on the forum above..

Plank
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't be comfortable with the MODs/Admins seeing it.

And that's probably a pluggin^

Slowpoke
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Love it, I really hope they do it.

CHA!NGANG
07-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't be comfortable with the MODs/Admins seeing it.

And that's probably a pluggin^

Ditto, but I don't post much in there anymore really. I think it's a good idea though but from MAD's post, it's not possible and I don't think management are too keen on lots of pluggins.

today
07-08-2008, 04:27 PM

I agree with you there, its a plugin from vbulletin.org which is not a required addon for Habbox specially when there is many websites already offering the same service, with better support then what we can.

I also wouldn't feel as safe allowing Moderators viewing the content where as on a different forum i wouldn't mind as i don't know them personally.

Thus i don't think it's a good idea.

GommeInc
07-08-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't think there's any point... The forum isn't really meant to be about suicidal ideas and stuff, the whole point of the teen forum doesn't even exist considering HabboxForum is a teen community forum :/ The Teen Forum should be deleted or at least renamed "Growing Up" or have it so people get health tips and advice from the Health Tips & Advice (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=464) forum, which all these suicidal and deeply personal discussions should technically be in :/

EDIT: Yep, the Teen Life forum should be renamed to Growing Up or Home Life, because everyone on Habbox Forum is a teenager, and all the discussions in that forum revolve around parents arguing, shaving and/or suicide/self-harm. Cut out the self-harm and suicide and you've got a Growing Up or Home Life forum...

Jordy
07-08-2008, 05:14 PM
EDIT: Yep, the Teen Life forum should be renamed to Growing Up or Home Life, because everyone on Habbox Forum is a teenager, and all the discussions in that forum revolve around parents arguing, shaving and/or suicide/self-harm. Cut out the self-harm and suicide and you've got a Growing Up or Home Life forum...Totally agree (I think we're finally getting some progress...), but if they don't choose to go down that root and continue to accommodate those sort of threads then the rules need to be stricter and the moderation stepped up. The situation cannot stay as it is IMO. Either cut them out and ban them sort of threads or increase the support for them.

MissAlice
07-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Question: Is there anywhere on this forum or site a list of sites which give links with a small description of what the site can help with, aimed at teenagers, where they can get good sound advice about any type of problem? I've not seen one, but I think this would go some way to helping quite a few.

Plank
07-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Question: Is there anywhere on this forum or site a list of sites which give links with a small description of what the site can help with, aimed at teenagers, where they can get good sound advice about any type of problem? I've not seen one, but I think this would go some way to helping quite a few.
There was a link to TeenHelp, but it was removed quite recently.

In fact, it was removed three days ago :P

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=507546&highlight=teenhelp
post #2 bullet point 5

MissAlice
07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
There was a link to TeenHelp, but it was removed quite recently.

In fact, it was removed three days ago :P

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=507546&highlight=teenhelp
post #2 bullet point 5

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=150013
I have found this, but could do with some updating.

BlueTango
07-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Nowadays a lot of Habbo-Forums are having to open up to a wider range of topics to suit the need of their users and to attract newer members too.

It's no good saying "Let them go to another forum" - We could say that about anything - About RuneScape, Musical Instruments, etc etc etc.

Although there may be other forums out there that specialize in things such as these; the whole advantage of having the feature at Habbox is that this forum is full of people in the same age range [Anything from 12 - 21]... Others can share their experiences and advice.

Someone said about TeenHelp or whatever - A lot of forums that are posted on here are new and upcoming teen forums, meaning that you're not going to get as much advice as you would here.

The difference between posting anonymously here and posting on a professionally based forum is that if you post on a professionally based forum - there are going to be hundreds of teens just like yourself wanting help. Meaning you're not going to get the full attention that you feel the issue deserves

GommeInc
07-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Totally agree (I think we're finally getting some progress...), but if they don't choose to go down that root and continue to accommodate those sort of threads then the rules need to be stricter and the moderation stepped up. The situation cannot stay as it is IMO. Either cut them out and ban them sort of threads or increase the support for them.
Indeed, and if the threads are moved to Health Tips & Advice (which it should be), all you need to do is step up tge moderation team, which desperately needs a stronger force...

Monopoly
08-08-2008, 10:01 AM
I think this is a brilliant idea.
It's probably one of the best suggestions I've read in a long time and hope to God managemment see sense and add this. :)

Recursion
08-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Wahey people agree. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!