PDA

View Full Version : Were can I? +REP

myke
08-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Hey guys,

Just wondering,

We used to have an old video camera that would record straight to VHS.

Now, I want to put them onto the PC and want to convert them into a DVD, hence I need a USB vhs player thing, if you understand me?

So I put the VHS into the player thing and I can rip the VHS onto the pc?

Cheap solutions appreciated

Sunny.
08-08-2008, 10:57 AM
If your camera has a usb port itd be easier. My sony one has USB cable compatibility so i can easily put them on.

However im sure you can get adapters now which connect ur VHS to ur pc.

Recursion
08-08-2008, 10:59 AM
How about one of those VHS > DVD players/recorders? But bear in mind, VHS tapes have to be transfered in real time.

Hayd93
08-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Get a usb to phono adapter. I will get you a link

EDIT: like this http://www.inta-audio.com/products.asp?partno=501.156

myke
08-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Ok, well, don't know how to use any of that... and the camera is super old, no USB port. Plus, I don't have the camera any more. lol.

Hayd93
08-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Ok, well, don't know how to use any of that... and the camera is super old, no USB port. Plus, I don't have the camera any more. lol.
Nope what you do is plug the usb in to the computer. You then use the lead with the camara that you use to show on the tv and plug it into the yellow red and white slots.

You are then ready to go.

myke
08-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Which I don't have anymore.

DrLacero
08-08-2008, 05:41 PM
You need a TV Box like this (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3322945&CatId=1427), play your video through your TV then you can record it on your computer and save the video as whatever you want, then put that on DVD. This will mean you have to record in real time and short of getting hugely expensive professional equipment like they use to convert old footage that has been lost (like those missing Dr Who episodes) there is no way around that.

Also what plugins did you disable to fix your Firefox problem? You didn't reply in the thread.

Edit: If you do get one of those they can be hard to configure the audio properly so drop me a PM if you have a question.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!