PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Tutorials *New Idea*

Dottz
08-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Right now I have this idea about a Habbo fansite that provides tutorials which you can submit to the site. In addition each tutorial will be listed into catergories and you will be able to rate them and comment on them.

I am still brainstorming on some other things but I am hopeing to allow people to earn coins from there tutorials that they submit. Depending on quality and number of views and ratings.

The habbo tutorials will all be catergorized. And you will probably find tutorials on how to stack, how to make a habbo signature, how to set up a habbo fansite radio, etc... Keep in mind it will all me user created content pretty much.

I will leave this thread open to comment on my idea and see if its worth actually putting effort into it.

[Oli]
08-08-2008, 05:21 PM
The habbo tutorials bit has been done before & never really made it

Though the coins bit sounds interesting, i don't think that has been done before,
Anyway, good luck with it ;) wish u all the best

oli

Dottz
08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the comment, Im trying to be as original as possible.

Calon
08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Right now I have this idea about a Habbo fansite that provides tutorials which you can submit to the site. In addition each tutorial will be listed into catergories and you will be able to rate them and comment on them.

I am still brainstorming on some other things but I am hopeing to allow people to earn coins from there tutorials that they submit. Depending on quality and number of views and ratings.

The habbo tutorials will all be catergorized. And you will probably find tutorials on how to stack, how to make a habbo signature, how to set up a habbo fansite radio, etc... Keep in mind it will all me user created content pretty much.

I will leave this thread open to comment on my idea and see if its worth actually putting effort into it.
You should make a system which remembers the credits which the user recieves, then you manually send them the coins..

Dottz
08-08-2008, 05:30 PM
You should make a system which remembers the credits which the user recieves, then you manually send them the coins..

Basically, what I will do is allow people to create accounts and they will be able to see how many coins they made. Then I will probably like said manually transfer them.

Funya Chin
08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Tutorials like what?

Dottz
08-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Tutorials like what?

Tutorials for Habbo, a few examples would be...

- Furni Stacking Tutorial
- How to make a habbo signature
- The easiest way to make furni without spending cash
- How to set up a habbo fansite

So many possibilities...

Meti
10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a good idea.
Gd luck :)

Mistajam
12-08-2008, 10:49 PM
;4986256']The habbo tutorials bit has been done before & never really made it

Though the coins bit sounds interesting, i don't think that has been done before,
Anyway, good luck with it ;) wish u all the best

oli
Yes, but if there was a chance of it being done properly Oli I'm sure it would bring in some traffic, and if its rewarding I'm also sure people will spend the time on writing tutorials for others in the community.

Tutorials for Habbo, a few examples would be...

- Furni Stacking Tutorial
- How to make a habbo signature
- The easiest way to make furni without spending cash
- How to set up a habbo fansite

So many possibilities...
;) Think of your categories wisely.:rolleyes:

Good luck and more importantly have fun working on it.

Dottz
14-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks, for all the comments. However, I am probably going to have to drop the project. I have no idea how to create a user system that allows me to put coins on there account and such. If anyone wants to help, pm me.

iMegz.
14-08-2008, 02:45 AM
It sounds like a good and interesting idea which could deffinatly help people who play Habbo especially the new ones. I wish you the very best of luck. :)

AlexOC
15-08-2008, 06:53 AM
good idea

will it lift off the ground tho

or FAIL?

Dottz
15-08-2008, 09:53 AM
I hope I can get this idea off the ground and go into production.

I want the user to be able to earn credits and gifts like furni or voucher codes. This would obligate them to make a good tutorial, if they want credits. I've learned from experience that if you want good quality work they must have something to work for.

Im just trying to get a few people to help me out with the coding aspect. I am more of a beginner, but pm if you think you can help.

Meti
11-09-2008, 02:40 PM
You could have a usersystem with points. If they spread links to your site, with like:
www.yoursite.com/gettut.php?=ref.10248

or something like that.
Then, they spread. When 1 person goes there, the person earns 1 point.

Then you will have a tutorial list.
Like:
- Creating a layout (40pts)
- Creating a animation (20pts)

like that.
You understand?

Dottz
12-09-2008, 09:22 PM
You could have a usersystem with points. If they spread links to your site, with like:
www.yoursite.com/gettut.php?=ref.10248

or something like that.
Then, they spread. When 1 person goes there, the person earns 1 point.

Then you will have a tutorial list.
Like:
- Creating a layout (40pts)
- Creating a animation (20pts)

like that.
You understand?

Thanks, for the tip. Like I said before I am not so good with the whole coding aspect. I want a user system that allows you to register, login, post your tutorials, and be able to keep track of your coins that you earn through your account. I also want it so when you post your tutorial you can keep track of hits, rating, comments. In return for a high rating or hit count you can earn Habbo coins. I dont know if that is possible but I am doing a little research trying to find someone with that a ton of coding ability.

e5
12-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Sounds good and when it gets more popular and more tutorials added, the better is gets.

Meti
13-09-2008, 12:52 PM
agree'd ^^

BlueTackle
13-09-2008, 05:53 PM
VERY good idea

id use it
:)

cant code though :(

www.habboscripts.co.uk (http://www.habboscripts.co.uk)

MIGHT have usersystems on it :)

HabbDance
17-09-2008, 08:03 PM
i believe i saw a thread like this on habbcrazyforum. anyway, its a good idea, if it was any good, id probably use a guide or 2, or 5 (:

L?KE
18-09-2008, 06:32 PM
I like the enthusiasm of everybody, but come on a tutorial site for habbo?

It's hardly a complex game is it? You'll be stretched to produce any tutorials that aren't on EVERY fansite in the history of habbo, and if you do they will hardly be enough to attract that many people. There is probably more of a market for more complex games like rs.

Good luck and everything, but this is something I feel would be a waste of your time.

Dottz
19-09-2008, 11:03 PM
I like the enthusiasm of everybody, but come on a tutorial site for habbo?

It's hardly a complex game is it? You'll be stretched to produce any tutorials that aren't on EVERY fansite in the history of habbo, and if you do they will hardly be enough to attract that many people. There is probably more of a market for more complex games like rs.

Good luck and everything, but this is something I feel would be a waste of your time.

I somewhat agree to what your saying however, if this site can offer powerful Habbo tutorials on one easy accessible web page, I think it can be a powerful tool.

I'm more thinking towards the aspect of good quality tutorials. All the tutorials will go through a moderated system that will only allow good quality tuts, forget the garbage that are just trying to make a few coins. We will be paying actual Habbo coins and we are only willing to pay best of the best.

Yes, there will be repetition in some fields but I think that's a good thing.

I agree that Habbo isn't that complex of a game. However, lets think outside the box of just the actual Habbo client. I've noticed a rapid increase in fansites thus, allowing a whole new subject of tutorials that can be centered around Habbo fansites.

Not only that but think of all the minds we need to fill with good quality information that you can't find anywhere else.

As the site grows more and more information opens up and this sort of community will grow.

I think it's worth a try.

L?KE
23-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I guess it is worth a try, but don't put your money into it just yet.

I think it may be worth doing some beta's and seeing how popular it is etc.

And perhaps reqarding loyal tut writers is a better idea for you.

Dottz
23-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Most likely I will need to beta test this because of the complexity.

Dottz
24-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Sorry for the double post

but...

Is anyone out there familiar with TutorialMS? TutorialMs is an open source script used to manage and index tutorials. I am thinking of using this and just changing the skin and some features to make this site more Habboish. If you check out the demo you can see it has everything I need such as, a user system, rating, and page views. There is an admin cp where you can change the skin and add more features; its pretty versatile. If anyone has any familiarity with TutorialMS and wants to help setting this site up please p/m me or post below.

View TutorialMS Demo (http://tutorialms.com/demo/)

L?KE
25-09-2008, 05:52 PM
I think you'd be better off getting a coder to make you a tutorial cms.

But if you feel this is better, then by all means use it. Looks good.

Dottz
25-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I was trying to get an experienced coder but I am impatient; resorting to second option which is using TutorialMS just change the skin and such.

L?KE
26-09-2008, 06:48 PM
I guess so.

You could use the tutorialMS until you find a coder ;)

Dottz
26-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah, lately I've been working on TutorialMS. I have ran into a problem in the code where if you want to click a link it says its broken but if you actually type in the source like for example, if you click register it looks like the link is broken but if you type in the address bar /register.php it will direct you to the right page. I am trying to figure out the problem, it may be how I set it up or the htaccess file.

Check the site out HERE (http://www.habbotutorials.site50.net)

Dottz
27-09-2008, 02:34 PM
[[bump]]

I pretty much fixed up all the bugs I noticed. Now I am starting to edit the skin a little and make a few adjustments. Feel free to join.

Click HERE
(http://www.habbotutorials.site50.net)

L?KE
27-09-2008, 10:25 PM
site50 lol?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!