PDA

View Full Version : Underage Festival Live - Kid Harpoon

AndrewByrne
08-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Get the latest news LIVE and EXCLUSIVE from the Underage Festival. In this article, we catch up with Kid Harpoon!
The latest news from Underage Festival has been delivered from our team of reporters who are there, LIVE at the event. Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties encountered by the Festival organisers, the live web chats have been hugely interrupted. We do apologise for this, but sadly it was completely out of our hands.
However, do not fear! We pounced on the artists and bands as they came off stage and asked them a selection of questions, as well as taking some photos!
Here, in the first of our live reports, we talk to Kid Harpoon.
You've just come off stage - how was it?
It was good because of the short notice I did it alone. Everyone’s warming up and it’s not even sunny yet! The crowd are great here. They are very excitable. We played last year and it was great. I think they are just pleased people are playing for them.
How would you describe your performance? - for those who did not hear it.
2. Solo.. me and an acoustic. It was relaxed.. yea very nice indeed.
Did you have any surprises planned on stage?
3. Well I lived with William from the Mystery Jets and wanted him to play with me, but he had to be elsewhere. So, my surprise didn’t happen.
Where are you from?
4. I come from Medway in Kent, but moved to London and did gigs for a few years. Then I got signed and am recording my first album, which will be out early next year.
How long have you been in the business?
5. I have been gigging for 4 years and built a fanbase, but now I want to concentrate more on producing, so I have cancelled most of my gigs now to work on some new songs and the album
Who is your biggest idol?
6. Hmmmn I don’t know- loads! My friends more than anything- I write for them and enjoy making music that they and I like
What genre of music are you?
7. Not sure what genre I am. I am my own genre. I don’t really want to sound different to others, as I think that when people try to be different it generally doesn’t work. I just want to be different in my own ideas and challenge what I am doing.
What's your favourite cheese?
8. Any cheese in particular?! I like brie, but not smelly stuff.
Ever heard of Habbo before?
9. No I haven’t, but it looks cool.

Lost_Witness (LIVE from the UAF)

Redacted
08-08-2008, 05:26 PM
kid harpoon got a tattoo with blood-royale on his scrotum of a heart.

AndrewByrne
08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
kid harpoon got a tattoo with blood-royale on his scrotum of a heart.
Thanks for that interesting fact :D
Lol, Abit weird though o.o

Misawa
08-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Sounds like utter garbage.

Access
08-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Habbo are so ******* gay. Asking whoever this "Kid Harpoon" some decent questions then just randomly asking 'Whats your favourite cheese?'........

Edit: Just looked at the pictures taken at the festival, LOL at that bloke in the suit from "Goldielocks" leaning against the cardboard cut out of a Habbo, my god.

Patricia38
08-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Never heard of this 'Kid Harpoon'
I am going to youtube him though now.

FiiR3
08-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Habbo are so ******* gay. Asking whoever this "Kid Harpoon" some decent questions then just randomly asking 'Whats your favourite cheese?'........

Edit: Just looked at the pictures taken at the festival, LOL at that bloke in the suit from "Goldielocks" leaning against the cardboard cut out of a Habbo, my god.

Actually, asking a random question in an interview is pretty standard interviewing (except for when it comes to interviewing someone of a high standard or serious issue), most magazine's chuck in an unrelated question all the time.

He says he likes brie but not smelly stuff? I'm no fan of cheese but even i know brie is one of the smelliest cheese you can get..

Lol William from The Mystery Jets "had to be somewhere".. :rolleyes:, you know it's bad when a Mystery Jets reject makes an excuse not to appear for you (Myster Jets were on the line-up aswell btw).

JackBuddy
08-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I think you have to remember that this is for up and coming bands... I think.

Patricia38
08-08-2008, 07:51 PM
He's very talented y'know.
You should check him out, i did.

Earthquake
10-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Remember you don't know them because there new or upcoming bands, take lily for instance, no one knew her until smile.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!