PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Favourite Book?

Concentric
29-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Yes, its hard to imagine reading a book nowadays, but there must be a book you really enjoyed, in the time before habbox

Mine - gosh, i think it would have to be George's Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl :D

So, whats your favourite book?

Sam30002
29-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Has To Be All The Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship of The Ring
Two Towers
Return of The King
Read em All Like 5 Times!

properclone
29-06-2004, 08:23 PM
2 Of my favourite books are about addictions!

One is called Shattered and it's about overdrinking and is very good.
Another is about a cocaine addiction. And other stuff that follows that..
They were both very addictive! (geddit?)

At the end of the cocaine one they all like go on a holiday to try and give up but they all end up having bits. Infact, talking about it makes me wanna read it again... I am gonna start reading it again! :D I will just add the titles one sec.

Wrecked - Robert swindells
Junk - Melvin Burgess

Seriously, I have to read these again!
They are a great read, Go out and buy them. I suggest maybe for the older teen or the adult. :cool:

Mizki
29-06-2004, 09:53 PM
I really hate reading - but I once read a book called, Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps - It was very true and humerous.

Moose
30-06-2004, 08:23 AM
I like the Johnny Dixon mysteries and the lewis barnavelt ones by John Bellairs

they have horror but have a sense of humor :D

Butcher11
30-06-2004, 02:06 PM
LOTR stories, of course they just classic. I read Lovely Bones, sorry i can't rememeber who wrote it it was a great book, but sad. Besides that I can't think of any others.

ted-crilley
01-07-2004, 07:01 PM
This is a hard one i have allmost all tom clancy books but i also like to read a lot of military books as well like books from the gulf wars and stuff like that

Butcher11
01-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Oh yeah, Tom Clancy has some great books, and also Orwell's 1984, great book

ShadowSam19
14-07-2004, 05:12 PM
i like stephan king books, some of them are pretty scary, there was this one short story about how all the cars and planes and stuff could drive them selves and these people were trapped in a gas station and forced to give gas to all the trucks and cars or theyd run them over, and they tried hiding in the gas station but a bulldozer came and squised them. :o Cujo is another good one by stephan king, they made a move of it to, its about a rapid 200 lb saint bernard.
You cant beat the classics, tho, like where the red fern grows and The call of the wild, both must reads for any avid reader

Rye1088
14-07-2004, 09:57 PM
I also hate reading! I once read a book in school called 'The breakfast club'? That was alright... one of the very few books I've read! :p I also watched the film for it in school - alot more entertaining! :D

geertjuhhh
15-07-2004, 07:06 AM
i like the whole netforce series of Tom clancy :), and some book you'll probably dont know, its from a dutch writer

skunkbomb
15-07-2004, 09:35 PM
:eusa_booh ****** with books
You have been warned, swearing is against the Habbox way- Butcher11 :@ There is nothing wrong with other people

A.NDI
25-07-2004, 12:16 PM
i like 2 authors

1.anne rice the vampire chronicles
2.the lord of the rings

Simonac55
29-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Well my favorite book is a french book called Fantômas. These books are really old too. It's based on an old tv series.

TopBuz
29-07-2004, 12:41 AM
i have my two favourites here for you...
1. 'snow crash' by neal stephenson. this book is soooooo good, i stayed up 3 nights to finish it!!!

2 'vert' by jeff noon (properclone, i think you would love this)
........................just for info, 'vert' has a sequel called 'pollen' also good.

Arcanum
29-07-2004, 05:56 AM
Oh yeah, Tom Clancy has some great books, and also Orwell's 1984, great book

Ditto to that Butcher! I love the Deltora Quest books, although small, very medi-eval! :D I also like the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz and Mathew Riley books!!

-Arcanum

F1L73R
29-07-2004, 06:27 AM
Well i remember when i used to read books and i still remember this book called "The Giver" it was the best book i ever read :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!