PDA

View Full Version : EMO'S AND CHAV'S

alan1180
09-08-2008, 11:52 PM
This is me
http://www.basslinehosting.com/PICT0006.JPG (http://www.basslinehosting.com/PICT0006.JPG)
the one on the right.

I have long straightend black/brown hair i wear skinney, eye liner and do a lot a skating.
You might think i'm emo but i also smoke and drink.
Does that make me a chav?
Where i live there is a difference, there is chav smoking and drinkin then there is emo smoking and drinking.
Chavs do it all the time because they think it makes them cool.
Emos (me) do it like 3 times a week and we get stoned which we do for the fun of it, not to look cool.

Whats your views? Are you a chav? Post a picture and talk about yourself. Same if you are emo/indie/ard nut/rocker/skater/raver/stupid...

:D

Alan.

Hiro
10-08-2008, 06:45 AM
It's all the same to me, we're all human at the end of the day..:rolleyes:

Virgin Mary
10-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Well, that wasn't at all biased... I don't restrict myself to a certain social group.

Havoline
10-08-2008, 09:36 AM
how does smoking and drinking make you a chav...

Browney
10-08-2008, 09:44 AM
LABELIN IS 4 FOOD NT PPLZZZ.

Breakfloor
10-08-2008, 09:52 AM
i cant label myself, i like to wear smart and casual clothes. im a satanist, i drink. i listen to heavy metal and smetimes dance.. i dont know, but your not a chav.

womanizer
10-08-2008, 10:25 AM
im a transvestite

ClassicLegend
10-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Doesnt matter what you are!

Moh
10-08-2008, 10:37 AM
It's all the same to me, we're all human at the end of the day..:rolleyes:
Go to "mosh pit" in town (Near the bus stop outside princess quay). Then you will notice they aren't the same :P

Its scary around there, its like a big mix of:
Emos
Goths (Yes, there's still goths there)
Chavs

Strangely, they all get along.. but the emos and goths just take the piss out of the drunken chavs.

So yea, I'm just me, I dress how I like and do what I like :)

IceNineKills
10-08-2008, 10:43 AM
They all suck.

Hiro
10-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Go to "mosh pit" in town (Near the bus stop outside princess quay). Then you will notice they aren't the same :P

Its scary around there, its like a big mix of:
Emos
Goths (Yes, there's still goths there)
Chavs

Strangely, they all get along.. but the emos and goths just take the piss out of the drunken chavs.

So yea, I'm just me, I dress how I like and do what I like :)

Don't worry, I'm like a 10 minute walk from Spiders, I know what it's like :P

Chipmunk
10-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I wear what I feel comfortable in.

Normally NIKE trousers, damn im a chav..

Sometimes some nice JEANS.. damn im normally again

or sometimes my Superman and Batman shirt :D.. holy crap im a geek.

Kardan
10-08-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm ginger.

I can't stand 'chavs', but 'emos' I'm alright with... :rolleyes:

buttons
10-08-2008, 11:32 AM
personally i'm not gonna start up a conversation with an "emo" because i'm not interested in what the normal emo is in to. If drinking & smoking makes you a chav, then i guess that's what i am

Moh
10-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Don't worry, I'm like a 10 minute walk from Spiders, I know what it's like :P
lol, my mum used to go to spiders xD

I'm ginger.

I can't stand 'chavs', but 'emos' I'm alright with... :rolleyes:
Whats been ginger got to do with it :P

personally i'm not gonna start up a conversation with an "emo" because i'm not interested in what the normal emo is in to. If drinking & smoking makes you a chav, then i guess that's what i am
Drinking cheap stuff is more chavish :P

FlyingJesus
10-08-2008, 11:51 AM

Init, emos are boring as you get. Even goths are more fun half the time. Of the options put up I've put chav because they at least enjoy themselves and aren't up themselvs about what they are - they know they're louts half the time and don't try to be anything different. Frankly chavs are the most "true to self" of the subcultures

N-Dubz
10-08-2008, 11:52 AM
out of them 3 id say im a chav.

Captain
10-08-2008, 01:00 PM
This is me
http://www.basslinehosting.com/PICT0006.JPG (http://www.basslinehosting.com/PICT0006.JPG)
the one on the right.

Emos (me) do it like 3 times a week and we get stoned which we do for the fun of it, not to look cool.

:D

Alan.

Well aren't you hard.

BowTies1
10-08-2008, 01:11 PM
id say im a chav from what you described and i hate all emo's :)

redtom
10-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Init, emos are boring as you get. Even goths are more fun half the time. Of the options put up I've put chav because they at least enjoy themselves and aren't up themselvs about what they are - they know they're louts half the time and don't try to be anything different. Frankly chavs are the most "true to self" of the subcultures

Haha, chavs being the most true to self :P, yeah most can be pretty sound but come on the little **** what go around in groups of 15 acting all hard and starting on anyone with hair past there ear just as long as there alone or only with a couple of mates, there **** if they are alone and you walk past they don’t do **** all because they know that you will kick the crap out of them.

On to emos...

Normally people who say there emos are far from crying in a corner slitting them self’s, they just say there emo because they have black hair and a pair of straightens. Most people now just label people for the sake of labelling people, if you actually looks at you and your friends you'll properly find out your nothing like the actual definition on what you call yourself.

Earthquake
10-08-2008, 01:21 PM
I think emos turn the whole labelling into a competition, this whole ''chav'' thing has been blown at of perportion, yea they might argue/swear/drink/smoke/swear hoodys etc, but whats wrong with that? tbh thats english :S I do all of those, I don't label myself a chav because Im not a mug, only reasons people like you get punches etc is because you give it to people who look like chavs and call them one. Its annoying, stop the labeling. be what you want, don't try to be one better.

N-Dubz
10-08-2008, 01:27 PM
its all about calling someone with black hair, skinnies and eyeliner on an emo and calling anyone whos wearing a hoody, drinking and smoking a chav.

what happened to the normal people?

FlyingJesus
10-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Haha, chavs being the most true to self :P, yeah most can be pretty sound but come on the little **** what go around in groups of 15 acting all hard and starting on anyone with hair past there ear just as long as there alone or only with a couple of mates, there **** if they are alone and you walk past they don’t do **** all because they know that you will kick the crap out of them.

They are true to themselves, in that they don't try being anything other than what they are. Yeah they act up - anyone can act up in a group - but they at least admit they are what they are, whereas most emos and goths pretend they're somehow something really original when they all look the same.

Normally people who say there emos are far from crying in a corner slitting them self’s, they just say there emo because they have black hair and a pair of straightens. Most people now just label people for the sake of labelling people, if you actually looks at you and your friends you'll properly find out your nothing like the actual definition on what you call yourself.

Emo's a fashion, so yeah it's quite right to call people with straightened black hair and side partings emo. It's nothing to do with cutting yourself or anything, that's more goth than emo anyway

buttons
10-08-2008, 01:40 PM
its all about calling someone with black hair, skinnies and eyeliner on an emo and calling anyone whos wearing a hoody, drinking and smoking a chav.

what happened to the normal people?
"normal people" nice one. I wear eyeliner & i smoke & drink. :rolleyes::eusa_danc

redtom
10-08-2008, 01:42 PM
They are true to themselves, in that they don't try being anything other than what they are. Yeah they act up - anyone can act up in a group - but they at least admit they are what they are, whereas most emos and goths pretend they're somehow something really original when they all look the same.

True, I see where you coming from with that.

Emo's a fashion, so yeah it's quite right to call people with straightened black hair and side partings emo. It's nothing to do with cutting yourself or anything, that's more goth than emo anyway

Emos is turning into a fasion, it wasn't from the start, and I have never heard of slitting them selfs being a trait of a goth.

stickwitu
10-08-2008, 01:44 PM
i'm none of those.

the fact that people want to be stereotyped into a group and go around calling themselves emo or chav is what confuses me - whatever happened to individuality.

N-Dubz
10-08-2008, 01:44 PM
"normal people" nice one. I wear eyeliner & i smoke & drink. :rolleyes::eusa_danc

i didnt call you abnormal.

its just all the craze to go around calling someone an emo or a chav nowdays, like there isnt normal people anymore thats what i meant

and as alex said i dont get why people walk around tagging themselves like its really ULTRA cool when it probably isnt lol

today
10-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I dont think im either, tbh. lul.

Rather be a chav though. Least you get conversations.

Zak
10-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't say I'm anything but I'm more to a chav than anything else on the list :P

I just don't like to label myself as it because I don't try and be cool and act hard :(

Leetzgirl
10-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm abit of both...

I have clothes of emo's, but then i also got clothes of chav jackets...

;/

FlyingJesus
10-08-2008, 01:59 PM
i'm none of those.

the fact that people want to be stereotyped into a group and go around calling themselves emo or chav is what confuses me - whatever happened to individuality.

Fair play be individual if you want but why can't people be part of groups? Surely if a person wants to fit in like that then that in itself is their personality

drama
10-08-2008, 02:35 PM
hah i never thought of it like that before :D
Fair play be individual if you want but why can't people be part of groups? Surely if a person wants to fit in like that then that in itself is their personality

and the whole emo vs chav arguement was dead loooooong ago, and srsly i don't see why people have to fit the criteria (sp?) to be in a social group.

I drink, i smoke, i wear skinny jeans but also 'chav' hoodys and nike airs etc, i listen to more rap/grime stuff but i straighten my hair if it's long enough.. so according to some of you i'm both a chav and an emo? :S

Mitch4?
10-08-2008, 03:29 PM
I drink, i don't smoke or do drugs, i hang around on the park until they built the skatepark, so now we've changed spots, what does that make me?
A human.

You
10-08-2008, 03:31 PM
hah i never thought of it like that before :D

and the whole emo vs chav arguement was dead loooooong ago, and srsly i don't see why people have to fit the criteria (sp?) to be in a social group.

I drink, i smoke, i wear skinny jeans but also 'chav' hoodys and nike airs etc, i listen to more rap/grime stuff but i straighten my hair if it's long enough.. so according to some of you i'm both a chav and an emo? :S
Chemo .

Fehm
10-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Meee

*Image Removed*

Lol crap picture, i need to learn to smilee xD

Edited by Neil (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not embed images of yourself into the forum, posting links is fine. :)

Middlesbrough
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Meee

*Image Removed*

Lol crap picture, i need to learn to smilee xD
the black and white make your eyes look tiny lol :D
Ima chav pls
i enjoy myself tbh if you ask me im not into all that heavy metal long hair and **** i wear airmax and trackies idc tbh

tbh i enjoy myself as what i am thats all that really matters imo

Posts merged by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator).

Slowpoke
11-08-2008, 05:06 AM
I'm confused, you seem to be complaining about sterotypes yet at the same time stereotyping by saying no emos smoke or drink but all chavs do and they do it to look cool - Your post just seems like one big incessent contradiction. And to answer your poll, none of those three.

I drink when I'm out with mates but I don't do it to look 'cool', it's become the norm for teenagers these days.

le harry
11-08-2008, 07:08 AM
I have long straightend purple hair i wear skinney, eye liner and do a lot a skating.

fixed.

Patricia38
11-08-2008, 08:06 AM
IM AN EMO!

FunerealSerap
11-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Er, I drink, I smoke, I swear, I listen to rave, does that make me a chav?

NO because I'm the biggest Nightwish fan you'll ever meet and can't get enough of breakdowns, blast beats and soaring guitars. :D

I'm by NO MEANS an emo. I'm not a chav, i'm not a goth, i'm Jess. I'm me. You either like me and accept me for who I am, or you don't. And if you don't, you're clearly not worth my time.

That's all there is to it. :D

Patricia38
11-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I REPEAT I AM EMO

today
11-08-2008, 09:49 AM
I REPEAT I AM EMO
THATS LOVELY DEAR.

le harry
11-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I REPEAT I AM EMO
REALLY??

Patricia38
11-08-2008, 10:17 AM
YES AND PROUD OF IT

AndrewByrne
11-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Im just abit depressed :x
But I'm not emo or anything...

Ashley 12344
11-08-2008, 01:37 PM
More Chav than anything. Wear 'trendier' clothes - when I can afford :L

Can't stand skinny jeans 'n proper long hair on lads. Like in your picture, its as long as the lass your withs. Some guy came into the cinemas like that with who I was guessing it was his Mrs., in the dark they could quite easily be mistaken for 2 girls.

Patricia38
11-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I thought both the people in that picture were boys, oops.

Coheed&Cambria
11-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I have long black hair, i listen to heavy music (NOT emo music), i hate emos and according to all the chavs around where i live im Emo? Thats what i hate about all this sterotypical crap. Chavs think theres only chavs and Emo's.

FlyingJesus
11-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I have long black hair, i listen to heavy music (NOT emo music), i hate emos and according to all the chavs around where i live im Emo? Thats what i hate about all this sterotypical crap. Chavs think theres only chavs and Emo's.

You are emo, sorry. It's not a choice you have

Earthquake
11-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Your an emo, you can tell just at the sight of your avatar, your gonna have to live with it or change it xo

buttons
11-08-2008, 04:14 PM
"paramore" kinda explains it, lmao.

today
11-08-2008, 04:14 PM
This is rather silly, yer?

Earthquake
11-08-2008, 04:15 PM
This is rather silly, yer?
I would say so?

today
11-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Shush you (:

PaintYourTarget
11-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I thought emo was dead?

Patricia38
11-08-2008, 04:36 PM
*REMOVED*

Bun
12-08-2008, 09:45 AM
it's pathetic, people try too hard to be "emo" or "chav".

CrazyColaist
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I like indie most :) x

Im bit of an indie myself :) xx

but still how does smoking and drink make you a chav? i do both and im not a chav
how stero-typical!

Coheed&Cambria
12-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Your an emo, you can tell just at the sight of your avatar, your gonna have to live with it or change it xo

Its the logo of a band called Coheed and Cambria.

There not emo, lol. And i take it becouse i listen to metallica im gonna get called emo?

WickedSunny
12-08-2008, 01:05 PM
I personally find the whole "Emo" and "Chav" thing absolutely ridiculous, we're all human at the end of the day, each with different lifestyles..and how we look at life differently.
I don't put myself in a specific stereotype, just be yourself.

FlyingJesus
12-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I thought emo was dead?

We thought Alex was dead though and he's back

Its the logo of a band called Coheed and Cambria.

There not emo, lol. And i take it becouse i listen to metallica im gonna get called emo?

Yup. Emos do listen to mostly metal music

Tbh
12-08-2008, 02:22 PM
you're a loser..

GTFO

Tbh
12-08-2008, 02:29 PM

ROFL @ you saying coheed and cambria are emo

Browney
12-08-2008, 05:19 PM

Damien, telling them how it is. ;)

Hated
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
IM EMO

spandexx
12-08-2008, 05:28 PM
i love emos

today
12-08-2008, 05:29 PM
i love emos
only cus ur emo.

spandexx
12-08-2008, 05:31 PM
only cus ur emo.
PISS OFF

(w)_x brb listenin to hawthorne hights.

today
12-08-2008, 05:36 PM
PISS OFF

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLO.

IS IT CUS IM KL.?

today
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
PISS OFF

IS IT CUS IM KL.?

spandexx
12-08-2008, 05:39 PM

IS IT CUS IM KL.?
is it *removed*

Edited by brandon (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter

today
12-08-2008, 05:40 PM
*removed*
Your so negative!

(:

jackass
12-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I hate chavs, lol.

Serious
12-08-2008, 05:52 PM
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter.

emos are SCUM. all the ******s should just shut the **** up and slit their blood stained wrists. dirty little skinny jean wearing simple plan listening vegetarian *******S

*******the warning was for avoiding the filter so there's the un-avoiding the filter version.*******

Niall!
13-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Lol guess wut jst happened m8s! I had me first beer, I'M A CHAV NOW LOLOLOLOL

awelsh
13-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Id say im more of a chav than anything, i listen to club music, cance music and go out drinking every week if I got enough money. I wear nike trackies, puma trainers and whatever random top I find. But I dont go around pretending im hard.

Middlesbrough
13-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Id say im more of a chav than anything, i listen to club music, cance music and go out drinking every week if I got enough money. I wear nike trackies, puma trainers and whatever random top I find. But I dont go around pretending im hard.
thats basically what i do lol

Misawa
13-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I just call "emos" scene kids, because they don't actually know what emo is. Emo is nothing to do with being "overly emotional/sensitive" or whatever, and the clothing and hair fads aren't either. It makes me laugh that there is a modern day sub-culture of people who don't actually know what their own fad is based on. In today's world, it's fashion, nothing else, nothing more, no matter what they try and say. They aren't different, they are clones.

Emo was a term coined for punk and alternative bands in the 1980s who appeared to put their heart and soul into their songs when performed live, thus creating particularly emotional performances. TERM, not clothing, not hair, not sensitivity. Speaking of which, scene hair looks rediculous, as does their fashion.

The world we live in is a pathetic place.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!