PDA

View Full Version : convince me

drama
10-08-2008, 02:43 PM
of why COD4 is so good.

because after like 6 months halo is just getting boring.

Funya Chin
10-08-2008, 03:04 PM
The ranking system is for people who can't play games, it's not good.

Minstrels
10-08-2008, 03:07 PM
You can chat to people from Manchester. Is it me or is their a **** load of us Mancs on COD4? So yeah, you can talk to people from Manchester and admire our amazing accent.

Alba
10-08-2008, 03:09 PM
The ranking system is for people who can't play games, it's not good.
Elaborate on that please.

COD4 is miles better than halo, in terms of gameplay and skill. The story isn't that long (same as Halo) But imo it was alot more challanging, since you can't do it co-op. The multiplayer is what makes COD4, and is what will keep you reeling back in for more.

I hear it's still selling for £40 though. It IS worth it, but we're not long away from COD5 now.

drama
10-08-2008, 03:10 PM
apparently COD5 will be ****e.
Halo does actually take skill, most people say it's pray and spray with the assault rifle, but once you conquer the HUGE learning curve it's not :)

Thanks for all responses :) :)

Elaborate on that please.

COD4 is miles better than halo, in terms of gameplay and skill. The story isn't that long (same as Halo) But imo it was alot more challanging, since you can't do it co-op. The multiplayer is what makes COD4, and is what will keep you reeling back in for more.

I hear it's still selling for £40 though. It IS worth it, but we're not long away from COD5 now.

Minstrels
10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
apparently COD5 will be ****e.
Halo does actually take skill, most people say it's pray and spray with the assault rifle, but once you conquer the HUGE learning curve it's not :)

Thanks for all responses :) :)
Well it will be hard to match COD4 with a story based on WW2... :eusa_whis

Funya Chin
10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Basically, you can't go down levels on COD4 and anyone can kill anyone. The camping on COD4 is absolutely stupid.

However, it is a good single player game and multiplayer is fun for a bit but loads and loads of underage kids play the game and it gets on my **** either way, Halo's ranking system is better and the single player on Halo is better.

It's a good buy if you can get it cheap.

c[__]
10-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Buy it because I play it =]

drama
10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
you raise a fair point.

Buy it because I play it =]

Breakfloor
10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
awesome, fun, stunning and shockingly good graphics.

all thats need to be said.

mangle
10-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Neither make me go "wow" but COD4 is a good game when you actually get into it. If I were you i'd save my money for GOW2

Neil
10-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Basically, you can't go down levels on COD4 and anyone can kill anyone. The camping on COD4 is absolutely stupid.

However, it is a good single player game and multiplayer is fun for a bit but loads and loads of underage kids play the game and it gets on my **** either way, Halo's ranking system is better and the single player on Halo is better.

The ranking on CoD is purely to get new weapons and perks, it has no other purpose, rank on CoD doesn't determine skill, rank on halo doesn't either, I can kill you, you can kill me, it doesn't make you better than me if you have a higher rank, the fact is CoD is realistic, you don't run into battle with everyone using assault rifles, the damage is realistic, the ranking in realistic, CoD is a MUCH better game with much better ranking, putting a new player against a more experienced player is better than putting you with people of the same skill, you gain skill playing harder opponents, not playing people equally as good

Spiffing
10-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Right where to start
The graphics are like omg wowz, even made my mum and dad say that lul but they are really realistic.
At first ranking up is easy then as you get to higher levels its harder, but your always rewarded with challenges, perks and weapons so its worth it.
You cant get charge into a big fight, youll get shot a few times and die. its really more tactical than halo, you have to plan and think ahead of your enemy you cant just run around slamming people into walls with hammers.

Probs more but idk. Its much more fun than halo imo too.

Alba
10-08-2008, 05:12 PM

I don't see how Halo's ranking system is better at all. You get absoloutely nothing for ranking up, instead of a number next to your name.. what use is that? At least in COD, your awarded, guns, perks and challanges. And you can do the challange of ranking up to 55 up to 11 times.

I'd rather anyone being able to kill anyone, rather than no lifers on Halo absoloutely running amok. But i've never found Halo hard at all.

Funya Chin
11-08-2008, 09:47 AM
In Halo, your level detirmines how good/bad you are. In COD, the level means nothing.

Neil, you raise a terrible point in saying you can kill me / I can kill you etc because you see better football clubs getting beat by smaller clubs so that point is invalid because the better football club are still better.

;)

drama
11-08-2008, 10:12 AM
why should i try to convince you? who do you think you are you're nowt special.
Because i want to know what the hype about the game is.
But dw, dw, you can continue to go around threads trying to provoke people for an arguement ;)

J0SH
12-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Because I own the game and we can talk about Gay Thug Dating on it and it's proper realistic you get tonnes of guns and perks and you can use different guns and perks to make you better, you can shoot through walls etc, loads of game play types and it's a lot easier to level up then Halo, there's no true skill system so you can't go up and down you just keep going up. It keeps records of your kills deaths etc so you can compare leaderboards with your mates and it's modern warfare which makes it a whole lot amazing.

c[__]
12-08-2008, 02:29 AM
Because I own the game and we can talk about Gay Thug Dating on it and it's proper realistic you get tonnes of guns and perks and you can use different guns and perks to make you better, you can shoot through walls etc, loads of game play types and it's a lot easier to level up then Halo, there's no true skill system so you can't go up and down you just keep going up. It keeps records of your kills deaths etc so you can compare leaderboards with your mates and it's modern warfare which makes it a whole lot amazing.
You've just convinced me :)

J0SH
12-08-2008, 02:31 AM
Woo now hopefully I can convince Samuel ;)

c[__]
12-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Let's hope so :)

Azul
12-08-2008, 12:29 PM
You don't really need convincing it's one of the best games on the 360, just buy it and see for yourself.

Coheed&Cambria
12-08-2008, 12:35 PM
You can chat to people from Manchester. Is it me or is their a **** load of us Mancs on COD4? So yeah, you can talk to people from Manchester and admire our amazing accent.

Like mee. :D

I find a lot of scottish people on COD 4..

Chipmunk
12-08-2008, 01:00 PM
-convinces

Favourtism
12-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Its the best game I have played on 360 (I have played Halo).

C0D5 will be just as good. Yes I would prefer Modern warfare but they are using all the popular elemnts of COD4 - Just give it a chance ;p

drama
13-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm gunna borrow it off a friend for like a week and see what it's like :)

c[__]
13-08-2008, 01:16 PM
yay :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!