PDA

View Full Version : podRipper Alpha 0.2

Tomm
10-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey,

Decided to have another go at podRipper (Again.. ). For those who don't know what podRipper is ill give you a quick explanation. Basically its a program, written in Java (So you'll need Java version 6 or greater installed to run it), that is designed for copying music FROM your iPod back onto your computer. Since its coded in Java it will run on any platform the java runtime will run on which happens to be about neally every operating system currently avalible ;D

System Requirements:

32bit
- Windows 2000 (SP3+) Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Red Hat 9.0, Red Hat 2.1, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0/4.0, Suse Enterprise Linux Server 8/9/10, Suse Enterprise Desktop, Turbo Linux 10 (Chinese and Japanese only), Solaris 8/9/10, Mac OS X
- 128mb of RAM

64bit
- Windows XP Professional 64 Bit Edition, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0/4.0, Suse Enterprise Linux Server 8/9/10, Suse Enterprise Desktop, Solaris 8/9/10 (Solaris 8 and 9 only supported for SPARC prosessors), Mac OS X
- 128MB of RAM

podRipper may run on other linux distributions, but it is unsupported. Operation on any other OS apart from Windows is experimental.

Change log:

- Fixed a number of bugs.
- Added error reporting and detection.
- A log file is now generated in the target destination in the default Java Logger XML format.
- Files missing ID3 or Atom tags are now stored in the unknown folder rather than being skipped.
- Few minor changes here and there.

Known Issues:

- Files that are detected as missing ID3 or Atom tags throw a java.lang.NullPointerException error in the console (if open) and the log file. This can be safely ignored.

Suggestions + How you can help

Suggestions are always welcome, please just reply below with your suggestion and ill take it into consideration. If you are intrested in assisting with the project in anyway then please contact me via PM. I am especially intrested in Mac OS X users that are willing to help test the software.

Troubleshooting + Issue reporting
Please make sure you have Java 6 before reporting a issue!

If you encounter any bugs or other unexpected behaviour please do the following:

1. Open up the command prompt (Windows) or terminal.
2. Type: java -jar "C:\path\to\podripper.jar" -verbosity all
3. Attempt to copy the music from your iPod.
4. Locate the podripper.log file in the destination directory (If one has not been created please copy the contents of the command or terminal window) and upload it somewhere.
5. Post below with the link to your podripper.log

Download

RAR: http://rapidshare.de/files/40205323/podRipper.rar.html

ZIP: http://rapidshare.com/files/136349399/podRipper.zip.html

N!ck
10-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Glad to see this back in development again. I've never used it as I don't own an iPod, but i know it's helped people in the past. Good luck ;).

Recursion
10-08-2008, 06:59 PM
But will it blend?!

Seriously though, iPod Touch/iPhone support?

Tomm
10-08-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't own one so it would be difficult to test as I believe you can't put it into disk mode.

But will it blend?!

Seriously though, iPod Touch/iPhone support?

Mr.Sam
10-08-2008, 07:52 PM
I would use it but I installed winrar yesterday and have no idea how to use it o.o

I pressed extract to, but it simply produces a button which opens all the files in winrar

Hayd93
10-08-2008, 07:54 PM
I would use it but I installed winrar yesterday and have no idea how to use it o.o

I pressed extract to, but it simply produces a button which opens all the files in winrar

http://www.7-zip.org/

try 7zip sam its free. All you do is right clcik on the rar arcive then click 7 zip then extract arcive

Recursion
10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
WinRAR, right click the file > extract to folder

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!