PDA

View Full Version : Spits World - sayDEV?

Meti
10-08-2008, 08:45 PM
What a rip, lol!

http://spitsworld.com/
www.saydev.com (http://www.saydev.com)

Spitsworld is a retro, and they copied sayDEV's logo.

Jibbish
10-08-2008, 08:58 PM
not entirely ripped but considered copied nethertheless

Luckyrare
10-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Right...

Well, I could swear I have seen a tux on how to create that logo, so yeah what do you expect.

Excellent
10-08-2008, 09:09 PM
It's only a silly retro that will probably never come together because the owner has to get help creating a database.

today
10-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Indeed the owner of SayDev or a worker on the team created a tutorial on here :]

Source
10-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Hmmm :/ My tutorial and logo. Sad world

Excellent
10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Saying that they could have atleast left a little comment in the source saying "Blah blah by Source of HabboxForum"

Source
10-08-2008, 09:15 PM
The code is completly ripped aswel. Looks like the typical save as then use JS so people can't view source by right clicking. Haha.

Andys
10-08-2008, 09:19 PM
What the ****?
Why the hell do you make a tutorial about how to make it if you're then going to whinge about people having a logo like yours? :/

Source
10-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Erm Excuse me?! I did say at the beginning of my tutorial if you go back its just to show how you can do something like it, I also asked if people did not copy it directly. It was to show them the methods....

Plus there was no need for direct copy and paste of the code...

Source
10-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Sorry HxF glitched. Didn't mean for the double post.

Andys
10-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Erm Excuse me?! I did say at the beginning of my tutorial if you go back its just to show how you can do something like it, I also asked if people did not copy it directly. It was to show them the methods....

Plus there was no need for direct copy and paste of the code...
So why the hell would you make a tutorial for it then?
Use your brain.

MrPinkPanther
10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Errr....Its a regular feature in a logo. Infact In one of my really old ones it was like that so I could say you copied me when you clearly didnt. I think Invent used to use them a long time ago too. Its a speech bubble for gots sake. (Ill try to find the old logo)

Source
10-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm not trying to create arguements. I had already seen the site and did I make a thread about it... no.

MrPinkPanther
10-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm not trying to create arguements. I had already seen the site and did I make a thread about it... no.
Its you thats saying he ripped off your tutorial when its frequently used.
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7302/logoys2.png (http://imageshack.us)

Source
10-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I wasn't making a big deal about the tutorial. I was saying he could of changed it slightly like the colours. Just calm down :) Oh wait that won't happen because im the "Bait" of the night for everyone to ful fill the flaming that needs to take place on this forum.

But dw about, i'm more concerned about the code as that was a direct rip... sod the logo.

MrPinkPanther
10-08-2008, 09:55 PM
I wasn't making a big deal about the tutorial. I was saying he could of changed it slightly like the colours. Just calm down :) Oh wait that won't happen because im the "Bait" of the night for everyone to ful fill the flaming that needs to take place on this forum.
Oh shutup, I honestly dont care and havent read any threads where you have been the 'bait'. I'm just stating that you didnt invent the speech bubble.

Source
10-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Did I ever claim that the wonders of the speech bubble was my creation... nopey doodey. The point I was trying to make which I hope you guys not been narrow minded (which we know your not) would understand it would of been nice to see a slight variation... that all. Nothing more, nothing less. Chill :)

Edit // now I know you are all decent people so let it go now... I won't say anything if you don't and I'll leave it. End of story.

Excellent
10-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh shutup, I honestly dont care and havent read any threads where you have been the 'bait'. I'm just stating that you didnt invent the speech bubble.No, he didn't make the speech bubble but he took time to create the tutorial for people not to completely rip but see how something like that is achieved. They could have just followed it and that would have been fine but they basically went onto saydev, looked at the source, ripped the code and images and thrown it up on their site with no link back whatsoever. So shutup you moronic fool.

MrPinkPanther
10-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Did I ever claim that the wonders of the speech bubble was my creation... nopey doodey. The point I was trying to make which I hope you guys not been narrow minded (which we know your not) would understand it would of been nice to see a slight variation... that all. Nothing more, nothing less. Chill :)
How would you make a slight variation though? The speech bubble cant be changed, The text would always be roundabout the same (centered, bold etc) and in your sig you use multiple colours for the logo so that cant exactly be changed either.

At the above post I'm not disputing the code because i haven't checked it, what I am disputing is he seems to think people have ripped the 'logo' and its a simple speech bubble with text which is frequently used.

Source
10-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Right so its hard to move the speech anchor (spike) to a different location... top.. left.. right or something. Could of used some blue or yellow text etc.... Thats all I'm saying.

But now lets leave it and enjoy our evening.

MrPinkPanther
10-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Right so its hard to move the speech anchor (spike) to a different location... top.. left.. right or something. Could of used some blue or yellow text etc.... Thats all I'm saying.

The text is the main focus so you dont want to move it away from the center, White text stands out especially on dark colours and is really popular at the moment and is an obvious choice and the spikes obvious choice is to go in the middle which is where it usually appears. Speech bubble logos are so popular at the moment that there are petitions to 'stop' them. Anyway I'm leaving now, I think I've made my point.

iTech
10-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Rock shut up honestly.

Right the matter of the fact is: Source released the tutorial to explain how we did it, and the technique of it. Although we don't care they used the tutorial for it. The fact is they stole the sites code.

Now, there was no need to make a thread about it, lets cut the arguing and just leave this thread.

Excellent
10-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Saydev:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<title>saydev</title>

<style>
body
{
background-color: #0e0e0e;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;

}

#logo
{
background-image: url( 'http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/88557d2c338fe27saygreen.png' );
background-position: 50% center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
width: 640px;
height: 480px;
position: absolute;
top: 50%;
left: 50%;
margin-left: -320px;
margin-top: -240px;
}
</style>

</head>

<body>
<div id="logo"></div>

</body>

</html>
Spitsworld:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>SpitsWorld - Next generation RETRO.</title>
<style>
body{
background-color: #101010;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}
#logo{
background-image: url( 'main.png' );
background-position: 50% center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
width: 640px;
height: 480px;
position: absolute;
top: 50%;
left: 50%;
margin-left: -320px;
margin-top: -240px;
}
</style>
<script language=JavaScript>
var message="";
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
function clickNS(e) {if
(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
if (document.layers)
{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document. onmousedown=clickNS;}
else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontext menu=clickIE;}
document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
</script>
</head>

<body>
<div id="logo"></div>
</body>

</html>
Now I don't know about you but that code looks pretty symmetrical to me? All the idiots have done is placed a javascript right click blocker so nobody can view the source via right click. Shame the view tab is in my window.

Source
10-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Ok rock demons seem to be very narrow minded. Watching the tutorial he could of easy made something like this:

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/824625e91b14391spitsworld.jpg

redtom
10-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Ok rock demons seem to be very narrow minded. Watching the tutorial he could of easy made something like this:

Take your own advice.

Source
10-08-2008, 11:08 PM
I thought it would benefit the thread if I actually showed what I was interpreting the use of the tutorial as.

Don't worry though, just jump on the ride as its the "thing" todo.

Jebbo
10-08-2008, 11:44 PM
LOL TomSpits ripped a logo.. the logo isnt even habboish :S..

MrPinkPanther
11-08-2008, 08:52 AM

Dude, it's you thats carrying on. How am I narrow minded? You made a plain coloured speech bubble and puts some plain text in it and complain when others do the same.

Why wouldnt he do it like that? Because it looks god damn awful thats why. Shines like that have been overused so people now use block colour (like you) or very shallow gradients and the obvious place for the spike is the center below the text.

iTech
11-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Dude, it's you thats carrying on. How am I narrow minded? You made a plain coloured speech bubble and puts some plain text in it and complain when others do the same.

Why wouldnt he do it like that? Because it looks god damn awful thats why. Shines like that have been overused so people now use block colour (like you) or very shallow gradients and the obvious place for the spike is the center below the text.

Honestly SHUT UP!

Now, lets leave it there.

Meti
11-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Just wanted to tell you that they ripped it :P

Calon
11-08-2008, 10:56 AM
It was a tutorial, and by creating this thread your advertising the retro.

iTech
11-08-2008, 10:59 AM
It was a tutorial, and by creating this thread your advertising the retro.

No, it was a rip. They completely ripped the code. But used the tutorial for the graphics.

Seriously stop trying to kick off with Meti now.

Calon
11-08-2008, 11:03 AM
No, it was a rip. They completely ripped the code. But used the tutorial for the graphics.

Seriously stop trying to kick off with Meti now.
I'm not, why don't you stop trying to kick off with me..

Meti is more or less advertising this retro by linking it, he could have just told one of the Saydev staff without having to inform a whole web discussion forum.

today
11-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow this still going o.O

iTech
11-08-2008, 11:05 AM

Meti is more or less advertising this retro by linking it, he could have just told one of the Saydev staff without having to inform a whole web discussion forum.
N O

He was telling us they had ripped it.
God damn - Are you that stupid to realise that?

Calon
11-08-2008, 11:08 AM
N O

He was telling us they had ripped it.
God damn - Are you that stupid to realise that?
Yes I know this, but he could have contacted saydev instead of the forum, are you too stupid to realize my point? Calm it, kermit.

iTech
11-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Yes I know this, but he could have contacted saydev instead of the forum, are you too stupid to realize my point? Calm it, kermit.

None of us were on so he posted. Just seriously shut up.

Calon
11-08-2008, 11:12 AM
None of us were on so he posted. Just seriously shut up.
There's a feature called personal messaging, I'll shut up when you back down.

iTech
11-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Stops here then

--------------

I think the matter is sorted between them "ripping us".

Jebbo
11-08-2008, 01:05 PM

wouldn't realy call this a web discussion forum? more like a little kiddies argue forum.

sorry for the post anyway wont post again :)

iTech
11-08-2008, 01:13 PM
wouldn't realy call this a web discussion forum? more like a little kiddies argue forum.

Dude, stop instigating the arguement..

Source
11-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I have nothing more to say except for how this thread makes a complete mockery out of this "forum"

Dentafrice
11-08-2008, 02:56 PM

Like you really know anything?

Luckyrare
11-08-2008, 03:09 PM
What the ****?
Why the hell do you make a tutorial about how to make it if you're then going to whinge about people having a logo like yours? :/

I have to agree, if you dont anyone to use it then dont do it.

You should of made a tutorial of something a bit the same, but not the one you are using.

iTech
11-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I have to agree, if you dont anyone to use it then dont do it.

You should of made a tutorial of something a bit the same, but not the one you are using.

Read Jamie

We don't care as much about the graphics.
They ripped our code.

Just to verify - METI ISNT ON OUR TEAM.
We didnt tell him to post this or know he was going to.

Luckyrare
11-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Even the code, dont worry about it.

1) The site isnt going to steal your traffic.
2) Not the same type of site
3) Its only a intro page, not the site.

I have seen people rip bigger and better things (not to be offensive, I mean in a commercial sense), so dont worry. Your not loosing money.

Plux
11-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Even the code, dont worry about it.

1) The site isnt going to steal your traffic.
2) Not the same type of site
3) Its only a intro page, not the site.

I have seen people rip bigger and better things (not to be offensive, I mean in a commercial sense), so dont worry. Your not loosing money.

Yeah I know, everyones making a huge deal about it though.
But yeah true. :)

Calon
11-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Let me guess who owns it?
Couldn't be TomSpit?!

Source
11-08-2008, 07:49 PM
haha, dw. Its one of those things where everyone, mainly myself, was over reacting. Just let it die, thats life. Its a *****

Calon
11-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Nice :P

Protege
11-08-2008, 07:52 PM
loooool @ the code, dude its ******* html - lower the sites rep with threads like this - it become like klydos "ooo they copied this *cry* make thread zzzzz" who gives a **** about them stealin some crap, your site will be better.

Source
11-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Protege we didn't make the thread, Meti did as it seems he likes to make things public. I stand by my belief on anything todo with a site with dignity should be done off of forums or the public domain.

Wow that paragraph made me sound like an idiot :/ owel.

Calon
11-08-2008, 07:59 PM
loooool @ the code, dude its ******* html - lower the sites rep with threads like this - it become like klydos "ooo they copied this *cry* make thread zzzzz" who gives a **** about them stealin some crap, your site will be better.
What's with the insults to Klydo, you never insult anyone else? :p

MrPinkPanther
11-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Protege we didn't make the thread, Meti did as it seems he likes to make things public. I stand by my belief on anything todo with a site with dignity should be done off of forums or the public domain.

Wow that paragraph made me sound like an idiot :/ owel.
YOU carried it on. YOU made accusations too. Dont use Meti as a scapegoat, he may have created the thread but you did the majority of the 'finger pointing'.

Protege
11-08-2008, 08:03 PM
refering to the website, dont try be a smartass.

i know meti did, but its gone over 5 pages (with your input) over nothing.

Calon
11-08-2008, 08:07 PM
YOU carried it on. YOU made accusations too. Dont use Meti as a scapegoat, he may have created the thread but you did the majority of the 'finger pointing'.
..And you are doing the 'finger pointing'

I can't be bothered to read back through the thread, but YOU are accusing everyone else, don't use everyone else as a scapegoat.

Source
11-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Haha, the lols I get from this place.

MrPinkPanther
11-08-2008, 08:11 PM
..And you are doing the 'finger pointing'

I can't be bothered to read back through the thread, but YOU are accusing everyone else, don't use everyone else as a scapegoat.
I'm accusing everyone else? I said he never invented the speech bubble or the concept of it in a logo.

Andys
11-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Wow this thread is still alive?
And Josh is banned?... again...

Read Jamie

We don't care as much about the graphics.
They ripped our code.

Just to verify - METI ISNT ON OUR TEAM.
We didnt tell him to post this or know he was going to.
Also, I always thought his name was Danny? :P

Excellent1
11-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Lets leave this thread now, Source admitted he over-reacted but a good few whom have said this is nothing would be absolutely pissed if someone did this to them so some hypocrisy is here.

Meti
12-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Is the owner of spitsworl a user on HXF? Since he knew about the TUT?

Agnostic Bear
13-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Wow, would you look at that, nobody cares.

lolwut
13-08-2008, 09:58 AM
It's a retro. Shut up and stop giving it attention. :P

Calon
13-08-2008, 10:02 AM
It's a retro. Shut up and stop giving it attention. :P
Well stop posting, clever kid.

Robbie
13-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Is the owner of spitsworl a user on HXF? Since he knew about the TUT?

Yes, his user is TomSpit

DuxRawr
13-08-2008, 10:12 AM
PEOPLE! stop. @source: if you value your speech bubble with a gradient so much go talk to tom. And on the other hand he made he point so give up. No need to argue about it. Meti Decided he was gonna show that Tom had ripped the idea. So its up to Source and tom to sort it out :)

Blob
13-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Its just a triangle and a rounded box. You cant copyright shapes

OMG YOUR USING A SQUARE AS A LOGO AMGZ U HAS RIPPED A BOX.

No.

Calon
13-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Its just a triangle and a rounded box. You cant copyright shapes

OMG YOUR USING A SQUARE AS A LOGO AMGZ U HAS RIPPED A BOX.

No.
He ripped the page code as well? :S

Plux
13-08-2008, 04:47 PM
THIS WAS SORTED!

God...

Blob
13-08-2008, 04:56 PM
He ripped the page code as well? :S

AMGZ U STOLE <HTML> AMGZ.

No.

Calon
13-08-2008, 06:13 PM
AMGZ U STOLE <HTML> AMGZ.

No.
Calm down with the stupid sarcasm.

There's javascript and stuff in that code.

Blob
14-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Calm down with the stupid sarcasm.

There's javascript and stuff in that code.

So just because I use javascript on my page means you cant?

No.

Source
14-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Just leave it blob. This matter has been closed. Relax and just live life.

Plux
14-08-2008, 03:35 PM
So just because I use javascript on my page means you cant?

No.

Wow, what happened to your attitude? Stop dragging it on.

Blob
14-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Wow, what happened to your attitude? Stop dragging it on.

Ill drag on all I like, free world, and I was only replying the reply.

wsg14
12-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Is sayDEV still happening, or..?

Meti
12-09-2008, 06:00 PM
They're probably stuck on something :P

Source
12-09-2008, 06:02 PM
It will be coming chaps, we are stuck on something though, time. Most of us now live busy lives so getting a few spare hours todo a project like SayDev isn't the easiest thing during the building process.

Jackboy
12-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Gawd, i always seem to read the threads after the arguing has finished :(

Also the site is now down anyway...

Excellent2
12-09-2008, 07:48 PM
PRIVATE MESSAGE IS SIN, OBVIOUSLY.

Dentafrice
13-09-2008, 03:23 AM
I hardly have time, I've got a busy life :P Hardly come on here anymore tbh. Once a day maybe, or once every two days.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!