PDA

View Full Version : Official Image Host

Plux
12-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Didnt know about the title sorry! :(

It's come to my attention a lot of HabboxForum users, use TehUpload!
Now, this can be prooven, but I honestly think we should replace UploadPicz with TehUpload for the official upload site?

1) Caleb is part of the Habbox Community and ex-staff.
2) A lot of our community use it.
3) It's basic, yet fast!

I bet you're all like: Bah, another crappy idea just to keep some popularity or what not. But I speak from my heart and say damn.

Whats the disadvantages to it? Calebs dedicated to TehUpload, does the owner of UploadPicz come here? No.

Does the owner of TehUpload visit here frequently and is well known through out the community? YES!

/rant

awelsh
12-08-2008, 09:45 PM
tehupload FTW!!!

Andys
i think we should use jewbear cause dan is awsome.

Plux
Rise up against the oppression!

TehUpload should be our official. :)

--MAD-- we await your reply!

Robby
Its a good idea :)

Flisker
12-08-2008, 09:46 PM
TehUpload should be the official one deffo!

DJ::Beatz
12-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Use TehUpload, its amazing, and i use it ALL the time. Its def prefered

Recursion
12-08-2008, 09:47 PM
TehUpload go official FTW!!!

Colin-Roberts
tehupload all the way.

Plux
Great to see this is going succesful.

DarrenToogood
I have always been a supporter of TehUpload, however I still do not use the system over imageshack - purely because that is a habit of mine.

However I do indeed think that TehUpload should become the official upload system for Habbox.

CHA!NGANG
12-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Who owns Uploadpicz?

sekonda
You should replace it. TehUpload is amazing, and now holds audio features and picture slideshows!

Go TehUpload!

Dentafrice
Who owns Uploadpicz?
Habbox.. it's old and outdated :P

Plux
Who owns Uploadpicz?

Someone?

MrPinkPanther
TehUpload eats all!

Stepheen
*Is forced against own will by Caleb to post TehUpload*

But yeh, TehUpload is cool :)

Invent
12-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Uploadpicz is having work done to it soon I think, lol.

CHA!NGANG
If Habbox owns it, then I don't see it being changed with something Habbox don't own :)

Immenseman
I think at the end of the day people are going to use what they want. I always use uploadpicz because it's what I'm used to. If people prefer using other sites then they can.

Plux
*Is forced against own will by Caleb to post TehUpload*

But yeh, TehUpload is cool :)

*assasinates for revealing lies*

Meanies
I use uploadpicz :D

CHA!NGANG
12-08-2008, 09:50 PM
If sierk owns uploadpicz, I don't see it being replaced with something he/habbox doesn't own.

Sorry forum lagged.

Plux
12-08-2008, 09:51 PM
You hardly hear of UploadPicz :S Only a select few who use it regularly.
But you hear about TU alot.

Invent
To add to my previous point, MAD has spoken to me about some ideas for plugins to make Uploadpicz faster and easier to use on the forum ;)

Dentafrice
If sierk owns uploadpicz, I don't see it being replaced with something he/habbox doesn't own.
Then why don't the fix it, instead of putting it on the back burner.

today
uploadpicz is the offcial one owned by Habbox though...

Excellent1
12-08-2008, 09:52 PM
I disagree, I really think there shouldn't be an official uploader. People will vary with their opinions on websites, some narrow minded infidel may not like tehupload due to it's design (it's good) some may not like UploadPicz due to it's design.

The reason why uploadpicz is official is because the staff have made it (I think, may be wrong so don't jump on the horse) so they have put it up. I don't however think this will be changed but we'll see :)

Dentafrice
12-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I disagree, I really think there shouldn't be an official uploader. People will vary with their opinions on websites, some narrow minded infidel may not like tehupload due to it's design (it's good) some may not like UploadPicz due to it's design.

The reason why uploadpicz is official is because the staff have made it (I think, may be wrong so don't jump on the horse) so they have put it up. I don't however think this will be changed but we'll see :)
Baving/TomLegend made it a longgggggggg time ago.

today
12-08-2008, 09:54 PM
I use uploadpicz, just a habbit.

---MAD---
12-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Didnt know about the title sorry! :(

It's come to my attention a lot of HabboxForum users, use TehUpload!
Now, this can be prooven, but I honestly think we should replace UploadPicz with TehUpload for the official upload site?

1) Caleb is part of the Habbox Community and ex-staff.
2) A lot of our community use it.
3) It's basic, yet fast!

I bet you're all like: Bah, another crappy idea just to keep some popularity or what not. But I speak from my heart and say damn.

Whats the disadvantages to it? Calebs dedicated to TehUpload, does the owner of UploadPicz come here? No.

Does the owner of TehUpload visit here frequently and is well known through out the community? YES!

/rant
Uploadpicz is owned by sierk, so yes he comes here. Sorry but this won't happen. By all means use Caleb's upload site but it will not be "official".

We do plan to improve uploadpicz over time though :).

DarrenToogood
12-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Now would it sway people's decisions, if competitions and such were launched, involving different types of photography and audio?

Excellent1
12-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Baving/TomLegend made it a longgggggggg time ago.Even still I think it should be the official uploader due to the staff (ex-staff?) made it. Tehupload is an amazing uploader and in my opinion surpasses Uploadpicz by far but people have their personal habits or things they like. I use tinypic because it's so so easy, no registering, fast server.

today
12-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Now would it sway people's decisions, if competitions and such were launched, involving different types of photography and audio?
Not really as its a simple upload image host.

Nothing more.

Dentafrice
12-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Even still I think it should be the official uploader due to the staff (ex-staff?) made it. Tehupload is an amazing uploader and in my opinion surpasses Uploadpicz by far but people have their personal habits or things they like. I use tinypic because it's so so easy, no registering, fast server.
fyi, don't have to register for TehUpload either ;P

DarrenToogood
12-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Ummm maybe people's ideas of TehUpload have been mislead. TehUpload is a simple upload image host, however if you register you can create albums, and expand your uploading a lot.

I am interested in running a talent scout competition on TehUpload, which is still in talks.

Plux
12-08-2008, 10:00 PM
As I said over MSN to MAD:

Right so you're saying. You'd ignore the site, the public users.
Just because of the fact Habbox Staff own UP?

Excellent1
12-08-2008, 10:00 PM
fyi, don't have to register for TehUpload either ;PNo no, I'm not saying you do for tehupload, a lot of uploaders DO require people to register to use their services/bigger space. Tehupload requires registering due to the albums and other features which is inevitable to change because of saving things.

MAD has said this won't be changed so I don't think theres an argument here really. For now we know which uploader is best but lets drop it :)

today
12-08-2008, 10:01 PM
As I said over MSN to MAD:

Its part of Habbox, many users hate the site or radio but its still there..

Invent
12-08-2008, 10:05 PM

As I said to you on MSN, it's not safe making TehUpload an "Official" upload site as Habbox has no control over keeping the site online and so they also have no idea about Caleb's stability and if he may just "lose interest" in the site over time and forget about it. (I'm not saying he will).

So it just makes sense to stick with Uploadpicz and ask one of Habbox's coders to re-code/design it :)

Favourtism
12-08-2008, 10:07 PM
UploadPicz is Habbox's so tis their 'official' image host. Its like Habbox owning HabboxForum but advertising ClubHabboForum instead.

I consider UploadPicz more reliable. Aslong as Habbox is up, I assume that would be up. TehUpload could close tomorrow for all I know (Get get abused for saying that)

DarrenToogood
12-08-2008, 10:09 PM
I have just checked out UploadPicz for the first time, and I personally do not even like the site design - instantly turning me off investigating the features.

Caleb is dedicated to this project, and is always bringing in new features. If Caleb no longer owned the website, I believe it would be bought up swiftly.

Excellent1
12-08-2008, 10:10 PM
So it just makes sense to stick with Uploadpicz and ask one of Habbox's coders to re-code/design it :)Possibly you? :P

Invent
12-08-2008, 10:11 PM
So it just makes sense to stick with Uploadpicz and ask one of Habbox's coders to re-code/design it

I just realised how that post sounded, lol.

Not me in particular, but someone on the Habbox team.

Excellent1
12-08-2008, 10:13 PM
I just realised how that post sounded, lol.

Not me in particular, but someone on the Habbox team.They will probably come to you first I guess as you're known as a designer and coder, two in one ;) Plus you're friends with MAD?

Favourtism
12-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I have just checked out UploadPicz for the first time, and I personally do not even like the site design - instantly turning me off investigating the features.

Caleb is dedicated to this project, and is always bringing in new features. If Caleb no longer owned the website, I believe it would be bought up swiftly.
Do you, by any chance, work for Dentafrice or TehUpload

Invent
12-08-2008, 10:19 PM
They will probably come to you first I guess as you're known as a designer and coder, two in one Plus you're friends with MAD?:P I'm talking to Sir.MAD now about the situation with U.P.

Excellent1
12-08-2008, 10:20 PM
:P I'm talking to Sir.MAD now about the situation with U.P.Thought you would aha, this is great, some rivalry between uploaders!

---MAD---
12-08-2008, 10:20 PM
As I said to you on MSN, it's not safe making TehUpload an "Official" upload site as Habbox has no control over keeping the site online and so they also have no idea about Caleb's stability and if he may just "lose interest" in the site over time and forget about it. (I'm not saying he will).

So it just makes sense to stick with Uploadpicz and ask one of Habbox's coders to re-code/design it :)
That is exactly what I said. We cannot take responsibility for something not on our servers.

Invent
12-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Thought you would aha, this is great, some rivalry between uploaders!Oh god, not again!! But nah, it'd be nice to see TehUpload as the 'official' uploader, but it's just not plausible.

jackass
12-08-2008, 10:22 PM
What a stupid idea lol.

Most users use imageshack according to that poll, and besides, the whole point of uploadpicz was for habbox, tehupload isn't even related to habbox. :P

I do use TehUpload occasionally, but that's not the point. ;)

AlexOC
12-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Simply update Uploadpicz, faster, better looking and we're all be happy

Its not like being official means you have to use it

its just basically saying heres a upload site we made. which we think is good.

Dentafrice
12-08-2008, 10:25 PM
That is exactly what I said. We cannot take responsibility for something not on our servers.
Upload sites should not take responsibility for anything on their servers, else if someone uploads something that is against the law, you would be helpd accountable for it ;)

DarrenToogood
12-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Just to answer someone's question from the previous page, I do not work for TehUpload or its owners.

Invent
12-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Upload sites should not take responsibility for anything on their servers, else if someone uploads something that is against the law, you would be helpd accountable for it

He doesn't mean it in that context :P

Invent
12-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Upload sites should not take responsibility for anything on their servers, else if someone uploads something that is against the law, you would be helpd accountable for it

He doesn't mean it in that context :P

AlexOC
12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
LOL

they've put up a poll now!

IDontKnow
12-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Just to answer someone's question from the previous page, I do not work for TehUpload or its owners.

You can't get to work anywhere, let alone an image etc host.

TehUpload FTW!

Excellent1
12-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Haha now a poll is up about Uploadpicz, oo the convenience!

Hazza
12-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Doesn't matter about an "Offical image host" to be honest. People use what they like. They all work the same :rolleyes:

DarrenToogood
12-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Can't argue with that really.

TehUpload is for the win.

Invent
12-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Haha now a poll is up about Uploadpicz, oo the convenience!

11th August:
(22:52) MAD: i want to work on uploadpicz some time
(22:52) MAD: and get it kick started

:p

Excellent1
12-08-2008, 10:39 PM
11th August:
(22:52) MAD: i want to work on uploadpicz some time
(22:52) MAD: and get it kick started

:pI lol'd sorry :P

Invent
12-08-2008, 10:45 PM
lol. It's scared me how MAD mentioned uploadpicz to me just last night and the the next day this thread appears o_o.

Excellent1
12-08-2008, 10:46 PM
lol. It's scared me how MAD mentioned uploadpicz to me just last night and the the next day this thread appears o_o.It's habboxforum, nothing is scary ;)

Invent
12-08-2008, 10:49 PM
It's habboxforum, nothing is scary ;)

Read the staff forums, then try and tell me that again :(

Excellent1
12-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Read the staff forums, then try and tell me that again :(Oh sir, grant me the powers.

Invent
12-08-2008, 11:00 PM
you know I would if I could ;(

Dentafrice
12-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Staff forums are boring :P

Invent
12-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Boring, perhaps? Scaring for life? Definately.

Dentafrice
12-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Yes of course scaring.. but boring :P

bo$$
12-08-2008, 11:06 PM
I disagree with this suggestion.

GommeInc
12-08-2008, 11:06 PM
I don't like uploadpicz, for the simple fact that when that dies, Habbox.com looks dreadful because the images in the news are hosted by Uploadpicz. It happened a few days ago when all images in the news section didn't exist, but the dimensions the images had were still there so you saw a big square of nothingness.

Other than that, it needs alot of work, it looks awful :/ Not sure who thought up the colour scheme... The stereotype colour scheme for such sites are grey tones and one type of colour e.g. Imageshack has/had yellow and Photobucket has blue. TehUpload looks many times better.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!