PDA

View Full Version : PureWight.org - Opinions?

Tarantula
13-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Hey
Sorry for yet another thread about Pure Wight, but this time I actually need you guys help.
This has nothing to do with the photography on the site, just the site itself.
We had just a basic flash portfolio then built HTML pages to fit the design of the flash template, and came up with what you see now...
http://www.purewight.org

I'd like to hear your comments, if you have negative views on it, please tell us HOW we could improve it or build upon it.

Anyone?

It needs a bit of tidying and some images added, but apart from that, tell us what you think should be done?

Plux
13-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Way too blank, then you're using an illegally obtained script for other pages. :$

Tarantula
13-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Way too blank, then you're using an illegally obtained script for other pages. :$

Yeah as I said, I have to get to adding images etc, what else would you say I could add to make it less-blank?
& Illegally obtained script for what pages...?

Plux
13-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah as I said, I have to get to adding images etc, what else would you say I could add to make it less-blank?
& Illegally obtained script for what pages...?

When I checked the nav on the site. It went to the illegal flash script. :$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$

Tarantula
13-08-2008, 03:41 PM
When I checked the nav on the site. It went to the illegal flash script. :$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$

The Portfolio is fully paid for from Flashden.
If that's what you are meaning?

DarrenToogood
13-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Best thing to do, to improve the website is to scrap the whole idea.

:D

had to be said!

Calon
13-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Far streched for you to say Darren.

Tarantula
13-08-2008, 08:45 PM
The new logo had nothing to do with me. Haha.

Blue
13-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Perhaps a way to get back to the "Welcome" page in the portfolio?

DarrenToogood
13-08-2008, 09:20 PM
How low can you go?

www.purewight.org - Now copying my logo design!

Kardan
13-08-2008, 09:22 PM
If you want my opinion I think you're taking the piss copying everything that Darren has done :)

DarrenToogood
13-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Really is getting beyond a joke. Their little idea of a HTML side was taken from my new site, www.brightwightimages.com/new. The logo is indeed the same font, and is using the colour scheme I use, of changing one word a different, outstanding colour.

Dentafrice
13-08-2008, 09:26 PM
http://www.purewight.org/blog/cutenews/

You have an unregistered copy of Cutenews yet you remove their copyright, that's illegal.

Excellent1
13-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah at first it was stupidly amusing and now it's just idiotic. Get some ******* original ideas.

Tarantula
13-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Really is getting beyond a joke. Their little idea of a HTML side was taken from my new site, www.brightwightimages.com/new (http://www.brightwightimages.com/new). The logo is indeed the same font, and is using the colour scheme I use, of changing one word a different, outstanding colour.

The HTML idea came from having a splash page and was my idea to have the portfolio coded into HTML then it evolved from there, nothing to do with yours.

The logo has nothing to do with me, speak to Josh.

DarrenToogood
13-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I have spoken to Josh, and he is immature enough to say;

'You don't own the font, therefore why should we remove it'

Also if you wanted your side coded in HTML, then why go with the flash script? O wait I know, to copy me. Now I have moved to HTML, you follow.

Excellent1
13-08-2008, 09:33 PM

Also if you wanted your side coded in HTML, then why go with the flash script? O wait I know, to copy me. Now I have moved to HTML, you follow.Basically I reported the script to flashden for copyright reasons and 2 days later it gets removed? Aha purewight is a total joke your morons.

DarrenToogood
13-08-2008, 09:34 PM
The script is still there, under 'portfolio' link on their html website.

Tarantula
13-08-2008, 09:35 PM

Also if you wanted your side coded in HTML, then why go with the flash script? O wait I know, to copy me. Now I have moved to HTML, you follow.

We haven't moved to HTML though...
We/I wanted a contact page and more information on the site, had the offer to have the site coded in HTML, so... just had those pages as HTML. Yours isn't even done anyway...
Trust me, your actions made no impact on the choice to have those pages.

& I have nothing to do with the logo, I said to Josh I wanted nothing to do with it.
I'm sure he'll remove it sometime.

Basically I reported the script to flashden for copyright reasons and 2 days later it gets removed? Aha purewight is a total joke your morons.

Never had the intelligence to click the "portfolio" link?
Hypocrite.

& My morons? What about my morons?

Illiteracy is a huge problem on these forums.

& Just to remind you, as I've said many times before, the script is paid for.

Dentafrice
13-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Why don't you explain the illegal Cutenews?

Tarantula
13-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Why don't you explain the illegal Cutenews?

The Cutenews is temporary.
Until we get a replacement, it's staying as it is.

Dentafrice
13-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't care if it is temporary or not, you're breaking the law removing that copyright..

Tarantula
13-08-2008, 09:43 PM
I don't care if it is temporary or not, you're breaking the law removing that copyright..

& What am I supposed to do about it...?
It's not in use.

Kardan
13-08-2008, 09:47 PM
]& What am I supposed to do about it...?[/B]It's not in use.

Remove it from your site :rolleyes:

DarrenToogood
13-08-2008, 09:50 PM
or even better, remove your site all together :)

Dentafrice
13-08-2008, 09:54 PM
& What am I supposed to do about it...?
It's not in use.
It is in use, the public can access it, and the data it contains.. so therefore it is in use.. maybe not by you..

Tarantula
13-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Alright thanks for that.
Removed.
Anything else?

DarrenToogood
13-08-2008, 10:00 PM
yeah, remove the logo which is clearly a rip.

I am sure everyone will agree. If you can't remove a logo from a HTML site, send me the file, FTP details and I will do it. O, and I might just return the favour if gave to me ;)

Plux
13-08-2008, 10:03 PM
yeah, remove the logo which is clearly a rip.

I am sure everyone will agree. If you can't remove a logo from a HTML site, send me the file, FTP details and I will do it. O, and I might just return the favour if gave to me ;)

Shut the **** up. You are not in any state of power. You are an idiot.
No-one respects you anymore. You killed it by making a new project and acting all so arrogant towards PWP.

Tarantula
13-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Glad someone actually has decency on this forum...
+Rep Plux

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!