PDA

View Full Version : Generic.Backdoor Problem, Please Help!

:Donut
13-08-2008, 10:38 PM
My McAfee detected Generic.Backdoor on my computer recently. I must've accidently downloaded a virus. I read about it and kinda afraid that my personal stuff will be known to the hacker. I downloaded KeyScrambler so that the hacker could not record my keystrokes just for extra safety. It prompted me to restart my computer and did. Once I came back to my desktop, my internet suddenly stops working. I tried going on Firefox and IE, but to no avail. It says on the bottom right corner (where the time is) that my internet is active. Anywho, it also gave me some error on Microsoft.NET, so I uninstalled it. I also tried System Restore, but it keeps giving me 'Incomplete System Restore' or something. Anyway thats it. Right now I'm on a library computer.

RSTurbo
13-08-2008, 11:03 PM
:/ my internet stopped working becuase of my anti virus software trying disabling a few things.

:Donut
14-08-2008, 12:41 AM
The thing is that my net worked before I restarted my PC.

RSTurbo
14-08-2008, 07:33 AM
did you install software leave it didn't restart till later then when u turned comp back on ur net went down?
becuase that would be the anti virus software kicking in

mike475
17-08-2008, 08:34 PM
format your pc and start from scratch.

habtasia
20-08-2008, 11:03 PM
format your pc and start from scratch.
He probably knows that option but dosnt want to do that

Kevin
21-08-2008, 08:05 AM
This problem also happened to me,
After the installation of Comodo firewall, i could not connect to the internet,
Reinstall the protection software, or use another. May i reccomend ZoneAlarm as a free firewall. they also are availble at cNET download.com

-Kevin

Monkwrestler
23-08-2008, 01:54 AM
This problem also happened to me,
After the installation of Comodo firewall, i could not connect to the internet,
Reinstall the protection software, or use another. May i reccomend ZoneAlarm as a free firewall. they also are availble at cNET download.com

-Kevin
Zone alarm are you mad why don't you stock a sign up called hack me (download AVG it = much better as your router likely has a firewall already in it)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!