PDA

View Full Version : The merge.

today
14-08-2008, 04:57 PM
We had to vote in a recent poll, located here to see if we wanted to merge Fashion and Animals into Discuss Anything creating one forum, to look more active.

However i've just seen that Fashion forum has more
Animals & Pets (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=664) - 667 Threads & 9,124 Posts
Tourism, Holidays, Vehicles & Transport (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=893) - 647 Threads & 10,833 Posts
Debates (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209) - 75 Threads & 4,556 Posts.

And lets compare that to Fashion Forum;
Fashion & Clothes (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=601) - 1029 Threads & 23,370 Posts.
That forum alone has more posts and threads then the ones listed above.

So why did someone even suggest the idea to merge the Fashion forum with Discuss Anything when its a more active forum then THREE others?

C'mon MGMT at least do unpopular forums yeah?

So my feedback and question is:
Why did you choose Fashion & Clothes in the poll when there is two others you could of chosen without looking for more?

Debates can be discussed in Discuss Anything anyway :/

Wootzeh
14-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't think they're getting merged anyway... :S

today
14-08-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't think they're getting merged anyway... :S
Yeah i dont think they are but its the fact they choose the Fshion forum when there is less active ones, why not merge them instead?..

The Professor
14-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't think debates would ever be merged unless it literally became a dead forum because of the different sorts of discussions that go on in there compared to the discuss anything forum. Also, 4500 posts in 75 threads isn't bad going :P

Tourism etc is a culmination of a couple of forums previously which gets it just about enough to justify its place there. Right now it has about 8 threads that have been posted in there today which isn't half bad, especially when compared to fashion's 3 threads posted in today.

The stats you brought up aren't representitive of the case you're defending. They're good for showing post statistics over the forums' lifetime but not a lot else. Of course, if you want my personal opinion, they aren't doing any harm and if the extra admin is a problem I'll do it myself, but hey :P

Thats the reason for including it in the poll anyway.

Smiddy
14-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Plus, take into account the Fashion & Clothes forum has threads which can be repetitively posted in "Post what you're wearing" and "Post your hairstyle", trying to post about a new car every day/few months is a bit difficult, unless you're rich/bad driver! :P

today
14-08-2008, 09:44 PM
The forum will stay else i'll get ******.

nvrspk4
14-08-2008, 10:03 PM
The forum will stay else i'll get ******.

Oh hello! Sorry guys, call off forum development, Today's gonna merk us all! :P:P

As Alex said the stats you gave were not representative of your argument. Look at the last thread in each forum, Fashion was created before other threads. What we looked at was CURRENT forum activity, which forums were currently being used actively, and how many threads were active over a period etc.

Debates isn't merged into DA as its an entirely different kind of topic which can't successfully be done in Discuss Anything. There's also a different way of moderating it.

today
14-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh hello! Sorry guys, call off forum development, Today's gonna merk us all! :P:P

As Alex said the stats you gave were not representative of your argument. Look at the last thread in each forum, Fashion was created before other threads. What we looked at was CURRENT forum activity, which forums were currently being used actively, and how many threads were active over a period etc.

Debates isn't merged into DA as its an entirely different kind of topic which can't successfully be done in Discuss Anything. There's also a different way of moderating it.
And the same with Fashion its totally different discussion to discuss anything due to thats second home to spam.

and i'll merk you anyway ;)

Rixion
14-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Ilove the pets forumm

nvrspk4
14-08-2008, 10:30 PM
And the same with Fashion its totally different discussion to discuss anything due to thats second home to spam.

and i'll merk you anyway ;)

No because threads aren't formatted in a totally different way, nor are they required to be started by Super Moderators or above ;)

today
14-08-2008, 10:37 PM
No because threads aren't formatted in a totally different way, nor are they required to be started by Super Moderators or above ;)
No but Discuss Anything is pretty much spam forum, where as the fashion is for fashion only really thus only attracts people need too but if it was in Discuss Anythign it would delete the fashion part pretty much and get nooby replys from little ******s.

:]

SEE CONSTRUCTIVE POSTS AGAIN.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!