PDA

View Full Version : struggling to make the right choice :(

BowTies1
14-08-2008, 06:26 PM
ive got the opportunity to do a apprenticeship in plumbing and electrician or stay on at school and go and do my highers i dont know want to do :( apprenticeship is 3 years and after the 3 years ill be fully qualified and if i stay with the company that trains me i would got in excess of around £15 an hour plus 8 weeks holiday a year

Abbie.
14-08-2008, 06:34 PM
hmm.. its up to you, but the apprenticeship sounds good

howeverr, if u stay on, it will give you more choice on what jobs you might want, incase you change your mind, you'll have something to bounce back on

BowTies1
14-08-2008, 06:37 PM
yeh thats what i was thinking about and the main thing that is worrying me is the appretice ship is 3 years what happens if i start doing bad and failing the exams you need to pass ill have nothing to bounce back on except standard grades

GommeInc
14-08-2008, 07:15 PM
yeh thats what i was thinking about and the main thing that is worrying me is the appretice ship is 3 years what happens if i start doing bad and failing the exams you need to pass ill have nothing to bounce back on except standard grades
Surely that's the same risk with doing highers? You could fail miserably and all you have to fall back on are the standard grades. If you really want to work in the field the apprenticeship offers, take it, because that seems like a really good job to go into :) Plus doing the apprenticeship in plumbing and electrics sounds really useful and opening an opportunity to a really good job :D

Angel-Light
14-08-2008, 07:26 PM
I had a similar situation to yours. In 5th year I was offered an apprenticeship to be a chemistry technician in school. I went for the interview and didn't get it but I focused on my Highers for rest of year and next and got the place at University that I decided on.

It's up to you whether you think that you should try the apprenticeship and stick at it. You can always go to college afterwards if you find out that the apprenticeship wasn't for you and you will have earned the experience from it. Good luck in whatever you do though :)

BowTies1
14-08-2008, 07:35 PM
think im going to wait till christmas if im not doing that well in school ill drop out and start the appreticeship then and if i dont get used to it after a year ill go to college :)

TopRed
14-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Take the apprenticeship now or regret it later

BowTies1
15-08-2008, 12:17 PM
why would i regret it later ?

Mirkwood
16-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Because perhaps it won't be there later.

BowTies1
17-08-2008, 02:36 PM
nah if jsut found out they take you when your 17 i thought it was 16 but they say your not mature enoguht at 16 :S

Nereo
17-08-2008, 05:13 PM
nah if jsut found out they take you when your 17 i thought it was 16 but they say your not mature enoguht at 16 :S

16, 17, whats the difference? As soon as you get to 16 you should be able to apply for any job and be fairly considered. Maybe you have less chance of getting it but you should at least be given the chance. :)

BowTies1
17-08-2008, 09:01 PM
yeh my mum works with them but the dont take appreticeships at 16 because they fart about more well thats what they said

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!