PDA

View Full Version : Funky, non technical uploading template

Cixso
14-08-2008, 10:15 PM
http://uploadpicz.com/images/PW3DA37.jpg

Sorry about the pixel quality.

Mature, constructive opinions please. I am not a designer, nor do I want to be one. I got bored and had a shot with this on FW.

Plux
14-08-2008, 10:18 PM
It's very bland I'll be honest.
The colours seem completely off.

It looks very very silly, not very professional at all.
The boxes are off also.

Try to improve colours.

Sunny.
14-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Concept isnt bad, though colours and quality arnt the best.

Text is horrible

But good try

Cixso
14-08-2008, 10:19 PM
It's very bland I'll be honest.
The colours seem completely off.

It looks very very silly, not very professional at all.
The boxes are off also.

Try to improve colours.

I tried to make it childish, like for kids. It isn't meant to look professional so I guess I'll take that part of your comment as a compliment. :)

Obviously I am not good at that. Any specific colours? I went with a blue, pink and black scheme.

Plux
14-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I tried to make it childish, like for kids. It isn't meant to look professional so I guess I'll take that part of your comment as a compliment. :)

Obviously I am not good at that. Any specific colours? I went with a blue, pink and black scheme.

Blue and Pink is a big no no :P
They're colours that clash.

Flisker
14-08-2008, 10:22 PM
i guess it does what its supposed to do but omg its ugly

Invent
14-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Header:

The background for the header is quite tacky, try using perhaps a lighter/more pleasent colour (or perhaps a smooth gradient). The background colour for the login box doesn't fit in/contrast well with the colour of the background as they are very different colours. Perhaps try a colour more similar to the header background. The stroke/glow on the input forms is also too strong, try and choose a colour that will blend with the login box's background a bit more. Finally the navigation's background colour also isn't that pleasant - but this can be easily fixed.

So basically the main issue with the header is the backgrounds aren't as good as they could be.

Content area:

The content area shows a bit of design consistency through the way you've coloured the "Free & easy" arrow the same as the login box, so sort of well done with that :P! The only other improvement I could suggest with the content area is the upload form. The drop shadow on the form is quite too strong, so maybe try and lower the opacity of the shadow or make it a lighter colour.

Footer:

Finally, the only issue with the footer is that the colour isn't great, but once again that can be fixed easily.

Overall, I'd give it a 3-4/10 as it has strong room of improvement. Good luck if you continue with this design :)

Cixso
14-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Blue and Pink is a big no no :P
They're colours that clash.

Haha, I'll give that an edit now. Do you think a pale green would look nice?

The footer is bland, it's how I wanted it to be, just plain simple. I had a little faff about with the gradient on the header, took me ages to get it right.

I based some certain things of tehupload.

@ Invent, I don't plan to use the design if that is what you mean. I'm just messing about with this one design only. I want to get use to FW, as well as simple, non complicated graphical work.Thank you for the comments to whom has replied.

I'm only using this 1 layout for self experience and education. I do not plan to use it just to get my point across. :)

Invent
14-08-2008, 10:28 PM
@ Invent, I don't plan to use the design if that is what you mean. I'm just messing about with this one design only. I want to get use to FW, as well as simple, non complicated graphical work.Thank you for the comments to whom has replied.

Nah I mean, if you continue to improve the layout for experience, then good luck.

Cixso
14-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Nah I mean, if you continue to improve the layout for experience, then good luck.

Thank you.

I'll post an update later tonight, I'm looking at some template tutorials to get ideas from, and to implement them onto mine.

I have a base with what I am going to work with, I don't want to change the specific design, I'll change the colours a lot, as well as fonts, and general custom to the feel of the template.

All comments will deeply help, even if you totally insult the design. I don't mind. :P

Calon
15-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Just not something that would float my boat, but I have to say that maybe you should have used a couple of gradients, other than the banner one (If there is one) and I'm not keen on the wonky arrow.

But good job for someone who doesn't want to be a designer or is new too it I guess.

Meti
15-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I don't like it :(
Looks ugly. And really bad quality on image.

RSTurbo
15-08-2008, 09:40 AM
i couldnt do any beter so i have no room for my opinion lol

Source
15-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Where to start, its appauling. I can see what you were trying to get at, but you could of made it look half barable.

Take down the drop shadow to a level which won't burn people's eyes, put some gradients and maybe some childish reflection.

Dentafrice
15-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Don't watermark it either, no one would steal that :P

and save it as PNG, not JPEG, then you'll get better quality.

Cixso
15-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Don't watermark it either, no one would steal that :P

and save it as PNG, not JPEG, then you'll get better quality.

Leave your child comments in your brain please.

Although it may be true, just keep it to your self.

Invent
15-08-2008, 07:05 PM
All comments will deeply help, even if you totally insult the design. I don't mind :P

Now, I'm confused.

Andys
15-08-2008, 07:17 PM
lol the colours are terrible.

Dentafrice
15-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Leave your child comments in your brain please.

Although it may be true, just keep it to your self.

Hmm.. I spot a little bit of being immature, and spite.. because a few posts ago.. you don't seem to care? :rolleyes:

And if you would have noticed, the post I said that.. I posted a ":P", meaning I was just getting.

Get the stick out of your ***, you're always complaining that people are too serious.. hummph.

All comments will deeply help, even if you totally insult the design. I don't mind. :P

Cixso
15-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Now, I'm confused.

Read post one.

I was referring to constructive negativity. Not child comments as such. :) Everybody, well most people had reasons behind there criticism, even you.

Hmm.. I spot a little bit of being immature, and spite.. because a few posts ago.. you don't seem to care? :rolleyes:

And if you would have noticed, the post I said that.. I posted a ":P", meaning I was just getting.

Ahuh, just keep those comments to your self. What do you mean, you where just getting?

Get the stick out of your ***, you're always complaining that people are too serious.. hummph.

That was a terrible statement.

Stick in my ***... Yes. Although if I had one, and what if I am gay I would find that pleasurable, so I wouldn't be so uptight. So that phrase is useless.

Invent
15-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Although if I had one, and what if I am gay I would find that pleasurable, so I wouldn't be so uptight.

I'm pretty sure a gay person wouldn't enjoy a wooden stick.

Dentafrice
15-08-2008, 08:09 PM
With the bark still on..

Flisker
17-08-2008, 10:08 PM
wow this thread has gone from a layout to an argument to gay peoplewith sticks up their jacksies

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!