PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto - UK

Mint
16-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Does anyone think that it would be good if they could make the next GTA in the UK for a change? In GTA IV they featured real locations so imagine driving around your neighberhood on GTA lol. Or even do different parts of the UK on 3 different islands maybe? :)

Neversoft
16-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Knowing people these days they'll probably blow up Buckingham Palace in the game and then try to blow it up for real to see if it's as easy or not. Like that guy who stole a taxi and stabbed the driver in GTA IV then did it in real life to see if it was as easy as it was in the game. What a moron. I think that's one of the reasons they don't include actual places, lol.

Mint
16-08-2008, 08:48 PM
In GTA IV I heard that the reason they didn't let us use planes is because the twin towers are in the game and they didn't want people flying planes into it, the twin towers don't exist anymore though so how stupid is that? :S

Knowing people these days they'll probably blow up Buckingham Palace in the game and then try to blow it up for real to see if it's as easy or not. Like that guy who stole a taxi and stabbed the driver in GTA IV then did it in real life to see if it was as easy as it was in the game. What a moron. I think that's one of the reasons they don't include actual places, lol.

Favourtism
16-08-2008, 09:32 PM
In GTA IV I heard that the reason they didn't let us use planes is because the twin towers are in the game and they didn't want people flying planes into it, the twin towers don't exist anymore though so how stupid is that? :S
Wow

GTA could be used as Terroist training is probably the rubbish they said as an excuse.

Neversoft
16-08-2008, 10:21 PM

Yeah, thats what I heard as well. I guess because it was a serious event and everything they don't want people recreating it. But still, planes are a big part of GTA, it seems pretty stupid to remove them for that reason. :S

Mint
16-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Yeah, thats what I heard as well. I guess because it was a serious event and everything they don't want people recreating it. But still, planes are a big part of GTA, it seems pretty stupid to remove them for that reason. :S

The deduction of planes isn't the only thing gone, infact, there are less things you can do on IV than you could on Sanandreas! Think about it;

Can't change hair
Can't Change Clothes
No Tanks
No jet packs
Can't fly planes
Can't swim under water
No pedal bikes
Can't exersise
Can't build muscle/fat
Can't learn fighting moves
Can't gain skills e.g driving/flying/stamina
No more trains (I don't think)
Can't get tattoos
No parachutes
And theres probally loads more!

Misawa
16-08-2008, 11:15 PM
San Andreas featured "real locations".

GTA has already been set in London. I'd prefer America anyway, the UK is boring.

GommeInc
16-08-2008, 11:16 PM
They're in the game? I didn't see them :S Planes aren't really that important to me, I can live without them. Although they could have the tiny Sesna/Cesna planes in the game, they're not giant boeings...

Misawa
16-08-2008, 11:19 PM
No, the Twin Towers are NOT in the game.

Bren
16-08-2008, 11:26 PM
No, killing American's is fun but killing my own is wrong :(

Mint
16-08-2008, 11:35 PM
No, the Twin Towers are NOT in the game.
I never really go browsing all of the sky scrapers so I wasn't sure if they are there or not but it is probally just to stop anyone flying planes into buildings that exsist, and yes I am certein that there are real buildings in the game. :)

Misawa
16-08-2008, 11:40 PM
There are real buildings, such as the Empire State Building and Chrysler Tower, but not the Twin Towers.

Wootzeh
16-08-2008, 11:42 PM
They weren't added because there's only one airport and it's not realistic to fly around cities at such speeds because it would take minutes to do so.

xxMATTGxx
16-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Would be cool for another GTA based in the United Kingdom. Although that chance is very low. I do miss flying aircraft and driving tanks around on GTA IV but oh well.

Johno
17-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Driving through your local town, shooting up the chavs and such, robbing your local off license for some liquor and then waking up in a well established NHS hospital!

Ah that would be fun!

Nah, me and my mate talk about this alot - It would be great fun being able to like have another GTA game based in the UK simply because you could relate to it more (that is if you are from the UK) it would also give the series a chance to get out of America and to somewhere new!

Mint
17-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Thats exactly why I would love another GTA UK :)

Driving through your local town, shooting up the chavs and such, robbing your local off license for some liquor and then waking up in a well established NHS hospital!

Ah that would be fun!

Nah, me and my mate talk about this alot - It would be great fun being able to like have another GTA game based in the UK simply because you could relate to it more (that is if you are from the UK) it would also give the series a chance to get out of America and to somewhere new!

CJW93
17-08-2008, 01:53 AM
That would be decent having a new Gta in the uk.

Or what about Easten europe?

that could be intresting

Hiro
17-08-2008, 01:58 AM
That would be decent having a new Gta in the uk.

Or what about Easten europe?

that could be intresting

Took the words right out of my fingers!

J0SH
17-08-2008, 02:38 AM
They even have the "Get a life building" lol. :P

Jibbish
17-08-2008, 09:31 AM
The uk is not as open in crime as america and the roads are tiny for have like full speed chases with cops etc...

Funya Chin
17-08-2008, 09:53 AM
They even have the "Get a life building" lol. :P
What a great contribution to the thread.

London 1969 was an awesome game and much better than any of the 3D ones in terms of gameplay and there is a chance there will be a London game and maybe even Moscow/Tokyo/Madrid as there was talk from one of the R* developers about it ages ago.

J0SH
17-08-2008, 10:04 AM
What a great contribution to the thread.

London 1969 was an awesome game and much better than any of the 3D ones in terms of gameplay and there is a chance there will be a London game and maybe even Moscow/Tokyo/Madrid as there was talk from one of the R* developers about it ages ago.

It was great because this is going on about details and what's in the game and what's not. What a great contribution to the thread you gave. :rolleyes:

HabsAZillion
17-08-2008, 10:06 AM
San Andreas featured "real locations".

GTA has already been set in London. I'd prefer America anyway, the UK is boring.

Yeah, you're right. But it was an Expansion Pack to the original PS1 GTA game. And it was set in 1961 and 1969.

Perhaps they should make a re-make of it, but better. I really don't think you would blow up Buckingham Palace in real life without the Royal guards killing you. I mean, blowing up Buckingham Palace while dodging guards sounds quite fun in GTA :D. Perhaps the whole extensive network of the London Underground can be used, but that's 200 miles of pointlessness in GTA. It would be quite fun. Perhaps the aim could be trying to take over London by killing the PM, Queen, Royal Guards and... erm... Heathrow Airport? I dunno lol.

Korronos
17-08-2008, 10:20 AM
I think they should base it in Edinburgh because i'm pretty sure that's where the idea or creators of GTA came from :S

Imp!
17-08-2008, 11:02 AM

its true they did do this because people would have been able to find another building probably similar to one of the towers and re-act it in the game like the sick people they are

Naruto!
17-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Lol, I was doing a project for my school on the twin towers and when i was watching the buildings on youtube, there were people on san andreas actually reinacting it.. But anyway, the getaway was like gta and that was set in london :D

newWORLDorder
17-08-2008, 12:47 PM
At one of the above posts, GTA is not solely made in Scotland, its made in USA, Canada, and loads of places. Edinburgh would be crap anyway.

Just keep it to USA, but maybe base it on a number of places, for example, EA Skates landscape was amazing because it was set on 3 places, San Francisco, Vancouver, Barcelona (Hence why the place you play is called San Vanelona.) GTA set in a mix of USA, UK and idk... More USA would be great.

Loqo
17-08-2008, 02:39 PM
The deduction of planes isn't the only thing gone, infact, there are less things you can do on IV than you could on Sanandreas! Think about it;

Can't change hair
Can't Change Clothes
No Tanks
No jet packs
Can't fly planes
Can't swim under water
No pedal bikes
Can't exersise
Can't build muscle/fat
Can't learn fighting moves
Can't gain skills e.g driving/flying/stamina
No more trains (I don't think)
Can't get tattoos
No parachutes
And theres probally loads more!
I agree with you, San Andreas was cool with all that. But you are allowed to Change clothes and get trains.

Fez
17-08-2008, 02:44 PM
There are trains in IV, and the clothes switching is still there but cut down a bit, otherwise, I completely agree with you.

GTA IV felt like an almost empty jar of jam, it was still a jar of jam, just missing most of the jam.

GommeInc
17-08-2008, 08:48 PM
There are real buildings, such as the Empire State Building and Chrysler Tower, but not the Twin Towers.
Surely you could happily play terrorist with the other buildings, this time with helecopters :P

mangle
17-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Helicopters dont blow up though! They just cripple a bit, thing is the new DLC has been pushed back thus it may be a new city as many rumours are stating. This may include planes to satisfy all of you

Jibbish
17-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Helicopters dont blow up though! They just cripple a bit, thing is the new DLC has been pushed back thus it may be a new city as many rumours are stating. This may include planes to satisfy all of you
apparently it was just a few game modes and some extra missions.

mangle
17-08-2008, 09:13 PM
There have been many rumours circulated, DLC is the main reason I kept it tbh.

Johno
17-08-2008, 09:17 PM
There have been many rumours circulated, DLC is the main reason I kept it tbh.

Same, I would have gotten rid of it if there was no DLC!

PaintYourTarget
17-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Set it in Thailand. Imagine kerb crawling there...

Mint
17-08-2008, 09:30 PM
There are trains but you can't steal them, am I right?

Fez
17-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Your right

Ashley 12344
18-08-2008, 09:31 AM
There are trains in IV, and the clothes switching is still there but cut down a bit, otherwise, I completely agree with you.

GTA IV felt like an almost empty jar of jam, it was still a jar of jam, just missing most of the jam.

A jar half empty kinda guy ;)

They said that airplanes would be unrealistic, as NY only has one airport so would not need planes to fly from one airport to another.

In other words, they couldn't be bothered.

xxMATTGxx
18-08-2008, 09:39 AM
A jar half empty kinda guy ;)

They said that airplanes would be unrealistic, as NY only has one airport so would not need planes to fly from one airport to another.

In other words, they couldn't be bothered.

I'm sure it has 3 airports in real life.

mangle
18-08-2008, 10:41 AM
The state maybe, but this wasn't based on the state of New York.

Southe,
18-08-2008, 10:54 AM
I think they should base it in Edinburgh because i'm pretty sure that's where the idea or creators of GTA came from :S

Yea i would say scotland rather than edinburgh. instead of desert have the highlands lol. But yes always walk past the office just down the road from princess street. Want to steal the big R lol

At one of the above posts, GTA is not solely made in Scotland, its made in USA, Canada, and loads of places. Edinburgh would be crap anyway

Yes. but its Rockstar North that put all the work into it which is in edinburgh other groups may do some parts to it but its north that actually make the game. i know Rockstar in leeds helped with the psp games and is helping with the ds one, And im sure north did manhunt aswell.

Misawa
18-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Rockstar said that they strived to make GTA IV the most realistic game possible, which includes not having aeroplanes, they stated.

Seriously, GTA in the UK = sucks.

18-08-2008, 09:56 PM
If it was in the UK all the pedestrians would have annoying voices and would be the stupidest people ever.
jk sorta

Scouse
18-08-2008, 10:09 PM
i think it would of been great if IV had parachutes. its a let down that it hasnt, specialy with the tall buildings

Misawa
18-08-2008, 10:20 PM
If it was in the UK all the pedestrians would have annoying voices and would be the stupidest people ever.
jk sorta

Sorry Pwned, Americans are naturally dumb.

Antallica
22-08-2008, 03:00 PM
I'd love it :)

Technologic
22-08-2008, 03:19 PM
You all seem to be forgetting that GTA is developed in the UK hence there wouldn't be steretypes as such..

Moh
22-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Isn't the game made in UK?

mangle
22-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Not soley, but why fix something that isn't broken? GTA has worked in America for a LONG time and so it should.

Misawa
22-08-2008, 06:02 PM
The only good storyline possible would just be basically the same as The Getaway's if it was set in the UK. Keep it in America.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!