PDA

View Full Version : PHP Help

Turbocom
17-08-2008, 05:40 AM
Alright so basically I liked one of the new features that MyBB 1.4 has included. When you get a private message it will tell you (seen below)

http://images.habboupload.com/1219049126.png

Now, I'm only learning with PHP and what I wanna do is have a main site and a little admin panel. What I'd like to do is login to the admin panel and write something this would appear. When empty its blank. Users can then decide to delete it. Will remember with cookie, or they can keep it.

+ Rep to those who help.

Excellent1
17-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Alright so basically I liked one of the new features that MyBB 1.4 has included. When you get a private message it will tell you (seen below)

http://images.habboupload.com/1219049126.png

Now, I'm only learning with PHP and what I wanna do is have a main site and a little admin panel. What I'd like to do is login to the admin panel and write something this would appear. When empty its blank. Users can then decide to delete it. Will remember with cookie, or they can keep it.

+ Rep to those who help.So basically you want a login form and then a little admin panel?

Turbocom
17-08-2008, 06:54 PM
So basically you want a login form and then a little admin panel?
No basically I want an admin panel where I can make news alerts and it will display on a certain page.

Source
17-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I might just do it later at some point, just so happens that the latest project I'm working on has it already built in for network updates etc.. I'll try and take out just that feature, I take it you want it based upon a mysql database?

Turbocom
17-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Yes. Basically I just want this to alert the site of updates and what not and if they aren't interested they can just remove it by clicking that red image. Then when a new offer comes out it will return.

Trigs
19-08-2008, 07:19 PM
What does mybb have to do with it

Turbocom
20-08-2008, 04:28 AM
-.- *** are you stupid? I used it as a example.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!