PDA

View Full Version : How do i get internet from my PC to my laptop

Tim.
17-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Basically, I have a PC which has good internet conenction, however my laptop doesnt seem to be able to match up to the speeds for the pc inetrnet connection.

I want to know how i can link the two pcs together so the Laptop can access internet from the PC.

The PC is vista and on the wireless network, i want a way to add a cable form the two computers so i can access the internet on my laptop with reasonable speed.

Ideas?
Rep+ Habbo.

You
17-08-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm not 100% sure but i think if you connected them together, your internet on the laptop would be just as slow? Perhaps you need to get a new wireless card / adapter for your laptop?

BTW - If you really do want to use your PC for the net on your laptop, Go to start > Control Panel and Network connections & Set up a new connection. You will probably need an ethernet cable plugged into your PC and Laptop. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct me if i'm wrong.

Heart Break Kid
17-08-2008, 12:05 PM
belkin wireless card
high-speed mode wireless G desktop network card =]

Mr.Sam
17-08-2008, 12:07 PM
makesure there is no big barriers between your laptop and the router.

longlyfe
17-08-2008, 01:03 PM
replace your modem with a router, then u can hook your pc n laptop via ethernet cables or wireless :)

--ss--
17-08-2008, 01:06 PM
replace your modem with a router, then u can hook your pc n laptop via ethernet cables or wireless :)
Best way to get high speeds ;). If you're going to keep your laptop indoors at a work station/desk your better off just using ethernet cables than wireless ;).

RSTurbo
19-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Ethernet wire.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!