PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto 5?

Earthquake
17-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Where do you think Grand theft auto 5 will be based? what features/functions will Grand theft auto 5 have?

Surely they wouldn't be able to create a better game then Grand theft auto 4 :S

benjamin
17-08-2008, 09:17 PM
grand theft auto 4 wasn't all it's cracked up to be.

Wootzeh
17-08-2008, 09:18 PM
it will be years before 5comes out so i dont give a toss

Earthquake
17-08-2008, 09:18 PM
it will be years before 5comes out so i dont give a toss
They've made plans for it already

cocaine
17-08-2008, 09:20 PM

they started planning GTA IV months after san andreas came out, and that was 2004 so..

Wootzeh
17-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Got a source? :rolleyes:

They're working on downloadable content atm.

xxMATTGxx
17-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I say in the next 2 years?

today
17-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Hopefully there'll not be anymore.

Meanies
17-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I think late 2012 it'll be out.

I'd like most of the features from SA like driving trains, planes, tanks, car mod shops, being able to buy businesses like VC stories.

Funya Chin
17-08-2008, 09:45 PM
It's going to be GTA IV.

Wootzeh
17-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Just to remind everyone it took them 7years to go from GTA 3 to GTA 4.

GommeInc
17-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Anything is better than GTA IV. That game sucked to high heaven, it was easy to complete, fast to complete and has nothing to do when you've completed the missions (other than shooting pigeons etc). It was virtually featureless compared to other GTA games...

It'll probably be a made up city, in the US.

Just to remind everyone it took them 7years to go from GTA 3 to GTA 4.
There were loads of games inbetween, like Vice City and San Andreas.

Funya Chin
17-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Right, for people who think they know everything about GTA.

GTA 3 included;

GTA 3
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories

GTA IV, I'm guessing, will follow the same pattern because there won't be a notable change in the way the game functions or the platform that it will be built on.

Anyway, GTA 5 will be around 2013/14 however installments of GTA IV will happen in 2 year intervels I'm guessing.

drama
17-08-2008, 10:04 PM
GTA IV was nothing compared to GTA SA

PaulMacC
17-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Should combine all the cities and make a bulk one where you play as each character in each city and the story is linked together somehow.

dj-sxtt
17-08-2008, 11:28 PM
GTA did not live upto its expectations even though it was bigger than Halo 3. Just like Haze looked great and it wasn't. If GTA V comes vice city probs and need some planes ;l

Wootzeh
17-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Should combine all the cities and make a bulk one where you play as each character in each city and the story is linked together somehow.
But would there be enough room on a disc for the 360? :S

Ashley 12344
17-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Where do you think Grand theft auto 5 will be based? what features/functions will Grand theft auto 5 have?

Surely they wouldn't be able to create a worse game then Grand theft auto 4 :S

Edited for accuracy.

I think late 2012 it'll be out.

I'd like most of the features from SA like driving trains, planes, tanks, car mod shops, being able to buy businesses like VC stories.

Sooner than that..

As far as I can see, 'IV was a flop to test and perfect 'next gen'.

Yes. Simple as. Supports compression, so is already not too far off blu-ray. Failing that, its not very hard to split a game onto multiple discs.

PaulMacC
17-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Maybe it wont be in this generation but I think the next Xbox will have Blu-Ray abilities, so yeah.

Azul
18-08-2008, 02:30 PM
And what was wrong with GTA 4 anyway? I thought it was a good play and that it did alot of things excellently. I think some of you may have set your expectations too high, as in terms of gameplay, graphics etc it is the best GTA game to date.

Robbie
18-08-2008, 02:32 PM
IV + SA = Amazingly good win.

SA = Win

IV = Win

I've liked them all a lot.

drama
18-08-2008, 02:34 PM
to me it just didn't have the 'GTA' feel if you get me.
And what was wrong with GTA 4 anyway? I thought it was a good play and that it did alot of things excellently. I think some of you may have set your expectations too high, as in terms of gameplay, graphics etc it is the best GTA game to date.

Azul
18-08-2008, 02:36 PM
No, no I don't.

Earthquake
18-08-2008, 02:37 PM
to me it just didn't have the 'GTA' feel if you get me.
GTA = Grand theft auto, it had everything to do with Grand theft auto.

drama
18-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Yes obviously.. i'm just saying it didn't have the same 'wow' factor as previous GTA's, regardless of if it had much better graphics (which i have to admit are stunning) etc.

GTA = Grand theft auto, it had everything to do with Grand theft auto.

Earthquake
18-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Yes obviously.. i'm just saying it didn't have the same 'wow' factor as previous GTA's, regardless of if it had much better graphics (which i have to admit are stunning) etc.
I find previous Grand theft autos rather boring compared to the imagination/adventure put into this one. I guess the countryside on SA is rather amazing and brings great atmosphere to the game, IV just tops it.

Frodo13.
18-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I think that GTA V will arrive on the next gen of consoles, however I think installments like SA and VC will come in 2/3 year intervels as DLC for BOTH consoles.

kk.
18-08-2008, 06:08 PM
tbh IV wasn't great and didn't deserve it's 10. It has many glitches and sometimes quite unrealistic. It should be more human like as in characters should look like us. Beowulf standards would be good because they at least look similar to us (this is the film not game)

GommeInc
18-08-2008, 07:14 PM
I found it incredibly short and not many amazing things happened. There was hardly any driving cars through tricky areas, random warehouse explosions, lack of corrupt and hateable people... It lacked alot compared to other GTAs... You rarely went inside buildings and had shoot ups. Lack of car chases and you didn't really know much about the characters, the main facts got chucked at you, but you never got to learn more about them. It was completeable within a few days, while GTA:SA was something you could play for a week and has a more interesting storyline e.g. corrupt family, you kill them off, there were loads of missions before you found out they were corrupt and they were actually fun e.g. you drive around in a car and I remember a policeman hanging onto the bonnet and getting chopped up in the process. Nothing as amazing as that happened in IV :/ I enjoyed the game, but it came to an hault too soon. The gameplay was brilliant, but I wanted it to carry on, it stopped far too early and you only had one main rivalry, rather than loads e.g. GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas, where there loads. GTA III is one game I'll remember, I liked the mansion overlooking the sea, it was good for police fights and just looked amazing.

I agree with kk., it's not worth a 10/10. Definitely between a 9-10 like 9.7, it just didn't last long as a playable game. I don't see many people talking about it now that had it early while people played SA for ages!

drama
18-08-2008, 07:25 PM
yeah to above i agree, i stopped playing GTA IV after about 2 weeks, but sometimes i play SA on my PS2 after years

Jibbish
18-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Just because you couldn't fly planes doesn't make it crap.
Just remember Grand Theft Auto is a car crime not a plane crime.

Earthquake
18-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I found it incredibly short and not many amazing things happened. There was hardly any driving cars through tricky areas, random warehouse explosions, lack of corrupt and hateable people... It lacked alot compared to other GTAs... You rarely went inside buildings and had shoot ups. Lack of car chases and you didn't really know much about the characters, the main facts got chucked at you, but you never got to learn more about them. It was completeable within a few days, while GTA:SA was something you could play for a week and has a more interesting storyline e.g. corrupt family, you kill them off, there were loads of missions before you found out they were corrupt and they were actually fun e.g. you drive around in a car and I remember a policeman hanging onto the bonnet and getting chopped up in the process. Nothing as amazing as that happened in IV :/ I enjoyed the game, but it came to an hault too soon. The gameplay was brilliant, but I wanted it to carry on, it stopped far too early and you only had one main rivalry, rather than loads e.g. GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas, where there loads. GTA III is one game I'll remember, I liked the mansion overlooking the sea, it was good for police fights and just looked amazing.

I agree with kk., it's not worth a 10/10. Definitely between a 9-10 like 9.7, it just didn't last long as a playable game. I don't see many people talking about it now that had it early while people played SA for ages!
Yeah but then again there allowing downloadable content of new places/new missions.

IAmTheBest
18-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I think that GTA V will arrive on the next gen of consoles, however I think installments like SA and VC will come in 2/3 year intervels as DLC for BOTH consoles.
I doubt V will be on the next gen. Dev kits for the game developers (like rockstar) won't be available for ages yet. And rockstar can't just wait around doing nothing. I'd expect them to start work on GTA V very, very soon. Possibly this year. Like someone's said, they started on GTA4 just after San Andreas was released.

GommeInc
18-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah but then again there allowing downloadable content of new places/new missions.
As long as they're not easily completable then I'm happy. Is that for both PS3 and 360, or just one or the other?

Fez
18-08-2008, 11:05 PM
I agree entirely with what you said, GTA IV wasn't GTA, it was AN 20-30 HOUR ADVENTURE OF A EASTERN-EUROPEON IMMIGRANT WITH A VAGUE STORYLINE AND SOME OF THE WORST MUSIC SELECTION EVER

now that would sell!

Slowpoke
18-08-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm not that bothered because nothing will top SA.

Misawa
19-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Maybe it wont be in this generation but I think the next Xbox will have Blu-Ray abilities, so yeah.

Blu-Ray was actually quoted as saying it's Sony-exclusive for consoles.

Liberty and Vice City stories were just "mini" games in the GTA franchise. III, Vice City, and San Andreas are main sequels, as significant as IV, ala numbered.

Frodo13.
19-08-2008, 04:39 PM
I doubt V will be on the next gen. Dev kits for the game developers (like rockstar) won't be available for ages yet. And rockstar can't just wait around doing nothing. I'd expect them to start work on GTA V very, very soon. Possibly this year. Like someone's said, they started on GTA4 just after San Andreas was released.

You've misunderstood. I meant to say that installments similar to VC and SA will be released in 2/3 year gaps, possibly as DLC, however GTA V won't be until next gen.

awelsh
19-08-2008, 05:09 PM
GTA IV was pretty rubbish compared to SA, you cant buy safehouses, fly planes etc, tune cars.

I agree with many here that say it lacks the GTA "feel" only decent thing about it is the online, shame they removed the offline mulitplayer though tht SA had, that was quite fun

IAmTheBest
19-08-2008, 09:38 PM
You've misunderstood. I meant to say that installments similar to VC and SA will be released in 2/3 year gaps, possibly as DLC, however GTA V won't be until next gen.

Ahh I see what you mean now. sorry :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!