PDA

View Full Version : Habbox breaking Official Fansite T&C?

Kallot
18-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Well i've noticed that you guys charge for V.I.P and Habbo state that you shouldnt charge for anything in the official T&C of fansites (Posted a while back and still on site i think).

Arent you worried you'll lose Official fansite status?

Habbo have stated this and you charge for V.I.P which is making members want it so they can play on the Arcades and such.

Meanies
18-08-2008, 01:12 AM
This has been brought up a number of times and I think it's being left how it is unless something is said. It's the forum which the VIP is on, which isn't official.

I'm not sure if this was said by staff or a member but having VIP as a thankyou for donating to Habbox is one way around it :)

Leetzgirl
18-08-2008, 01:13 AM
habboxforum is not offical.

no waiii
18-08-2008, 01:14 AM
as far as I am aware habbox.com is offical habboxforum.com isn't

BlueTango
18-08-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm pretty sure, after speaking to 0rca, that when the T & C's say that Official Fansites must not sell VIP [or however they word it] .. They mean it's forum aswell.

Not a big deal though... Nothing that can't be changed with a bit of editing to the wording of what VIP is...

For example editing it to say that you may donate a voluntary contribution if you wish, all users that donate will recieve thanks via VIP or whatever.

cunning
18-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Good answer Tango.

nvrspk4
18-08-2008, 06:37 AM
We very recently got word from L_W not to worry until anyone from Sulake tells us otherwise.

scott
18-08-2008, 01:52 PM
habboxforum is not offical.
It also states that "Fansite rules" are for official and unofficial fansites, but as nvr said its nothing to worry about unless someone else tells them other wise :).

--ss--
18-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Habboxforum isn't a fansite , it's a forum for a fansite which is mostly based on other things other than Habbo(x) :).

Hayd93
18-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Well i've noticed that you guys charge for V.I.P and Habbo state that you shouldnt charge for anything in the official T&C of fansites (Posted a while back and still on site i think).

Arent you worried you'll lose Official fansite status?

Habbo have stated this and you charge for V.I.P which is making members want it so they can play on the Arcades and such.
Unless for some reason habbo decide to pay the server bills then i dont think we will see it going anyware. Mosts sites are on shared hosting meaning that it wont cost them that mutch in host bills. But because habbox is so large we have to have multipul servers meaning the cost is alot alot more

GommeInc
18-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Habboxforum isn't a fansite , it's a forum for a fansite which is mostly based on other things other than Habbo(x) :).
It uses Habbo images, so it is a Habbo fansite with some respect, especially when they host events and competitions involving Habbo, either furniture or room event wise :P It also has in the rules to follow the Habbo Way. It's more than just a teen forum that has Habbo forums, it actually does exist as a fansite aswell as a teen forum.

Hiro
18-08-2008, 03:27 PM
The thing is, Habbox has always done well as a fansite, official or not, so it wouldn't really matter if the site was unofficial..

GommeInc
18-08-2008, 03:31 PM
The thing is, Habbox has always done well as a fansite, official or not, so it wouldn't really matter if the site was unofficial..
It still breaks Habbo's ToC, because any Habbo fansite, official or not cannot sell premium services e.g. VIP. But anyway, Lost_Witness has said he's OK with it, until Sulake get involved, which judging by the lack of response and action, won't be anytime soon (bit of a slow company nowadays).

Thai-Man-Land
18-08-2008, 03:32 PM
To the guy that said habbox isn't official and that said habbox isn't a fansite:

Official fansites cant link to websites that break the fansite ways.

But I agree with Hayd. Costs too much to run to scrap VIP

Hiro
18-08-2008, 04:15 PM
It still breaks Habbo's ToC, because any Habbo fansite, official or not cannot sell premium services e.g. VIP. But anyway, Lost_Witness has said he's OK with it, until Sulake get involved, which judging by the lack of response and action, won't be anytime soon (bit of a slow company nowadays).

Ohhh, I thought it was just officials xD

Kallot
21-08-2008, 12:35 AM
*Removed*

Edit by Professor-Alex (Moderation Manager): Please do not post pointlessly.

today
21-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Right, moving on. Go spam CHF with nooby images.

Kallot
21-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Right, moving on. Go spam CHF with nooby images.

Yes sir.

This does seem lame though, other fansites have to obay the rules of Official fansites.

Habbox would be amazing if it wasnt official too though, there are lots of loyal members. :D

GommeInc
21-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Yes sir.

This does seem lame though, other fansites have to obay the rules of Official fansites.

Habbox would be amazing if it wasnt official too though, there are lots of loyal members. :D
It was doing well before it became official. You can't tell how good it is though as an official fansite, because official fansites don't do a whole lot anymore. Kinda pointless really now, Habbo is badly unorganised and they don't get people involved like they used too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!