PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty 6: Future Warfare

Zabuza
18-08-2008, 09:57 AM
oh hell no. this better be just a rumor :S

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2008/06/cod6scifi.jpg (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/21/rumor-infinity-ward-giving-call-of-duty-6-a-sci-fi-setting/)
To be honest, we almost feel a bit dirty posting this rumor. The game that for all intents and purposes, is COD5, is currently still being teased, and there's already rumors about the next game? Indeed there is, thus the faintly dirty feeling. Apparently an Infinity Ward team member spoke to someone from TalkPlaystation.com and told them that the company is at work on a new sci-fi title that may or may not see reveal at E3.

With Call of Duty: World at War returning to the familiar territory of WWII, and the series' current hit staking the claim of Modern Warfare it would seem to make sense that Infinity Ward would want to jump things into the future. If this ends up being accurate (heck, they could be working on a non-COD sci-fi game too) let's hope Infinity Ward can do better than some other popular franchises that have used a futuristic setting. We can't help but get flashbacks of the ill-fated Battlefield: 2142 ...
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/06/21/rumor-cod6-goes-sci-fi/
If they made this, it would totally ruin the whole COD thing. Theres already going to be another Halo we dont need yet another one after that.
What do you think? Do you want another Call Of Duty but Sci-fi? :D

Oleh
18-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Well they have already ruined it by going back to the world war so how can they make it worse? unless on 5 you can customise you guns or your looks then it might not be so bad

xxMATTGxx
18-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I might not even buy COD5 because of it going back to the world war type, I'm not a fan of them old guns!

Hiro
18-08-2008, 01:24 PM
I might not even buy COD5 because of it going back to the world war type, I'm not a fan of them old guns!
Lee-Enfield rifles are the best ;)
and tbh, COD6 looks like a waste of time.

dj-sxtt
18-08-2008, 01:57 PM
nope its just will be like haze... They need to make up a new war ;ll

Loqo
18-08-2008, 02:05 PM
I bought COD4 and to be honest, I didnt find it that good. I have done most of it on veteran but just find the online boring (Which most people love the most) I dont think I'll be getting COD5 or COD6.

Andys
18-08-2008, 02:06 PM
It's probably just a rumour because COD5 hasn't even been released yet :S

Also, why does everyone keep saying COD5 will be **** cause it's a war game? War games are good :rolleyes: COD2 won game of the year and that was a war game and it was friggin awsome.

xxMATTGxx
18-08-2008, 02:22 PM
It's probably just a rumour because COD5 hasn't even been released yet :S

Also, why does everyone keep saying COD5 will be **** cause it's a war game? War games are good :rolleyes: COD2 won game of the year and that was a war game and it was friggin awsome.

Its not that it won't be good. Well to me I don't like the classic wars. I like modern wars if you get me? :P

Fez
18-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I think CoD6 will continue where CoD4 left off, if they did future warfare, it'd have to be still believable - using technologies that we are currently developing.

cocaine
18-08-2008, 03:17 PM
I bought COD4 and to be honest, I didnt find it that good. I have done most of it on veteran but just find the online boring (Which most people love the most) I dont think I'll be getting COD5 or COD6.

You must be the only person who finds online boring.

Mario
18-08-2008, 03:18 PM
you must be the online person who finds online boring.
good english.
also, most people i know thought making cod4 modern would ruin it, but its the best one to date.

Zabuza
18-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I agree with a few people saying how they dont think COD5 will be that great, with the old guns and all but i think if they made a Call of Duty 6 like that it would just ruin it all. It would be a bit too unrealistic for me :S

Kenpachi
18-08-2008, 03:20 PM
COD6 will be a breath of fresh air in the COD series. :P
As long as it isn't "too cheesy".

xxMATTGxx
18-08-2008, 03:22 PM
What about basing one on the war in Iraq? Unless there is one already. Probably make some people angry and try and get it banned or something.

cocaine
18-08-2008, 03:25 PM
good english.
also, most people i know thought making cod4 modern would ruin it, but its the best one to date.

its a typo :rolleyes:

& nice contradiction, mentioning other peoples sentence/grammar mistakes when yours isn't exactly perfect either

Loqo
18-08-2008, 03:26 PM
You must be the only person who finds online boring.

I know, lol. I have played it abit (Am rank 44 on 1st prestige) but you couldn't pay me to put the disc in again, lol.

cocaine
18-08-2008, 03:28 PM
I know, lol. I have played it abit (Am rank 44 on 1st prestige) but you couldn't pay me to put the disc in again, lol.

online is good though :( all games must get boring after a while though i suppose

Zabuza
18-08-2008, 03:29 PM
I guess everyone has preferences :D

What about basing one on the war in Iraq? Unless there is one already. Probably make some people angry and try and get it banned or something.
I think it's a good idea but like you said everyone would complain.
They'd be like, "OMGZ THAT LUKES LYK MY HUSBAND HOO WAZ KILLED" etc hah. I think another COD along the lines of 4 but with a much bigger storyline wouldnt go a miss.

Loqo
18-08-2008, 03:34 PM
online is good though :( all games must get boring after a while though i suppose

I used to love online for the first 20 ranks. Then I was like "Wow, this is boring" I cant see how those 10th Prestige people can do it. Even Gears Of War. I used to love the online and that's probably the most longest time I have spent playing a game online but that's gotten kinda boring now.

cocaine
18-08-2008, 03:34 PM
im level 30 atm but i cant see what i'd do once i get to 55

Jordy
18-08-2008, 03:36 PM
What about basing one on the war in Iraq? Unless there is one already. Probably make some people angry and try and get it banned or something.The current one is based on Iraq, it's about some leading terrorists destroying Iraq and we force them back to Russia to assassinate them there and they launch nuclear weapons.

Viruz
18-08-2008, 03:38 PM
turning it into Future warfare will be the perfect way to kill the COD franchise.

Jord
18-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Umm I doubt this is real, Cod5 isnt even fully made yet why would they start making cod6 :S

Wootzeh
18-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Umm I doubt this is real, Cod5 isnt even fully made yet why would they start making cod6 :S
They're different companies...

Stitch
18-08-2008, 05:37 PM
I loved the World War II Call of Duty games they were awesome. I just looked at my xfire stats and i must have got bored of CoD4 quickly i played 5 times as much hours on CoD2 :P

A futuristic CoD would probably only be good if it was done right.

Callum.
18-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Its not that it won't be good. Well to me I don't like the classic wars. I like modern wars if you get me? :P

yeah same with me really. now i have played cod4, i don't realy want to go back to ww2

Jibbish
18-08-2008, 05:46 PM
World war 2 games have better storylines in terms of COD IMO.

Frodo13.
18-08-2008, 05:53 PM
It will be interesting to see what they do with it. I wouldn't slam it just yet.

Converso
18-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I think CoD6 will continue where CoD4 left off, if they did future warfare, it'd have to be still believable - using technologies that we are currently developing.

I think this idea would be Infinity Wards best option, With Gaz and Price(Maybe) dead, they would have to do that your a new recruit and Soap is your captain. I hope they do it so that more options offline, as i'm like the only newb who doesn't have online :)

but i've noticed Infinity Wards are mainly offline based like Cod2, thereas Cod3 , some weren't, hence i haven't brought it

PaulMacC
18-08-2008, 09:08 PM
If they did do future warfare, I'd like to see upgrades of guns like AK47 V2.3 or whatever and loads of perks, cant wait if it is true good.

18-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I will probably buy every cod game that comes out from this point on becuase I just love all there games

J0SH
19-08-2008, 06:37 AM
im level 30 atm but i cant see what i'd do once i get to 55

You'd probably prestige which means getting 55 all over again for a different badge to prevent you getting bored? :P

Stephen!
19-08-2008, 12:09 PM
If Infinity Ward are making it, i'll get it.

Jibbish
19-08-2008, 03:07 PM
If Infinity Ward are making it, i'll get it.
infinity ward suck at doing online tough whereas treyarch are better

Pyroka
19-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Fact is, they could make this game work so well. Chuck out all the futuristic guns, they never existed and never will. They have more advanced technology but the weaponary stays the same, it'd make the game so much more interesting. Sure there'd be new things on weapons but the general dynamics would stay the same and there wouldn't be any 'plasma rifles' or any of that.

Imagine a war game where the technology has advanced so much that the warfield has changed to a more dangerous setting, with booby traps and other devices able to catch you out and blow you to smithereens. I think this game would be awesome, in all honesty it'd be awesome. They'd really have to think outside the box for it to work but god, a war with humans in the future over a future conflict which hell, why not call it WWIII? :D!

It'd be totally awesome, I want it, now.

Zabuza
19-08-2008, 04:59 PM
I see your point ^
Keep the main COD interface and gameplay, dont revert to being some Halo copycat, and i think it may just work :]

Monkwrestler
19-08-2008, 07:38 PM
The current one is based on Iraq, it's about some leading terrorists destroying Iraq and we force them back to Russia to assassinate them there and they launch nuclear weapons.
Well they didn't say iraq but it is some country near Iraq at least and also they should just have it a tad further ahead of now so they would have weapons such as snipers with smart bullets and guns that can shoot round corners and your own tiny spy plane thing
Or hell why not have it based on mars and say we have started to colonize it and it os a war over land

Wootzeh
19-08-2008, 08:22 PM
infinity ward suck at doing online tough whereas treyarch are better
*** r u on about :S infinity ward made call of duty 4 :S which is the best multiplayer game on xbox live.

Jibbish
19-08-2008, 09:28 PM
*** r u on about :S infinity ward made call of duty 4 :S which is the best multiplayer game on xbox live.
lag issues, host ended game, connection interupted need i say more?

Pyroka
19-08-2008, 09:33 PM
I see your point ^
Keep the main COD interface and gameplay, dont revert to being some Halo copycat, and i think it may just work :]

In the history of COD games, and their reputation, they could've balled up on the World War 2 games and ended up with this Medal of Honor crap but they didn't. They can pull off the future just as well as the past I think. If they ever thought about it, they wouldn't be short of support from their fans.

cocaine
19-08-2008, 09:33 PM
lag issues, host ended game, connection interupted need i say more?

ive had one host ended game and one connection interuption out of hundreds of online games

Jibbish
19-08-2008, 09:39 PM
ive had one host ended game and one connection interuption out of hundreds of online games
7/10 games I get is host ended game or connection interupted.

Ashley 12344
19-08-2008, 10:00 PM
You must have a poor connection.

A few years in the future I can live with, but not hundreds of years.
Still think that pictures a fake though.

Stephen!
19-08-2008, 10:07 PM
7/10 games I get is host ended game or connection interupted.

That's either the fault of the equipment you are using, or Microsoft's Xbox Live's fault. IW make the game, they don't make the internet.

Jibbish
20-08-2008, 08:47 AM
It's not my connection lol, and its PSN so that might explain it ^^

Andys
20-08-2008, 08:51 AM
All of you people saying future wayfare will be crap and ruin it..
Crysis is an amazing game and that is what i'd imagine a future warfare game to be like? It would be like new technolagies game... just like crysis.

So this could potentialy be an amazing game and I believe it could be the best Call of Duty yet.

piddle2k6
20-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Stop complaining about lagg and get the pc version. FPS are so much better with keyboard and a mouse

Andys
20-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Stop complaining about lagg and get the pc version. FPS are so much better with keyboard and a mouse
yeah i agree they are.

Jibbish
20-08-2008, 10:37 AM
i tried the pc version im just so used to console controls

Misawa
21-08-2008, 09:01 AM
To be perfectly honest, true or not at this stage, it's inevitable.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!