PDA

View Full Version : Internet slower than usual

ToxicPaddy
18-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi
My macbook is running slower than usual since we changed to TalkTalk from AOL about a week ago. Is it because we changd ISP? TalkTalk runs fine and fast from my nans flat but from home its slow. Any solutions?

Stephen!
18-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Don't ask us, ask your ISP.

Loqo
18-08-2008, 08:33 PM
It can depend on what internet speed it is? Your Nans could be faster then the one you changed to. Just a thought?

ToxicPaddy
18-08-2008, 09:03 PM
It can depend on what internet speed it is? Your Nans could be faster then the one you changed to. Just a thought?

I done a speed test on speedtest.net or something, and the results are as follows -

Download speed - 6819 kb/s
Upload speed - 362 kb/s

Is this good?

Wootzeh
18-08-2008, 09:05 PM
y r u complainin m8 thats better than mine

ToxicPaddy
18-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Its just that its now loading slower, when the speed when I had aol was -

Download - 1866 kb/s
Upload - 228 kb/s

xxMATTGxx
18-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm guessing you have a router? Sometimes if you like unplug it, then plug it back in. It might make it a bit faster. (Not the best idea) If you still thinking your service is pretty slow still I suggest contacting your ISP like the above as said.

Edit; If you do have a router and using Airport to connect to your internet make sure you have a good signal?

Earthquake
18-08-2008, 09:15 PM
How comes your nans living in a flat, I always thought all nans lived in homes :( Btw I'm not being nasty.

Anyway I'm guessing its probally getting used to it, within a few days you'll probally have a different view of the internet, remember you have just changed from another isp.

ToxicPaddy
18-08-2008, 09:20 PM
How comes your nans living in a flat, I always thought all nans lived in homes :( Btw I'm not being nasty.

Anyway I'm guessing its probally getting used to it, within a few days you'll probally have a different view of the internet, remember you have just changed from another isp.

Lol! She has lived in the flat for years now, she wouldn't ever want to move from it :)

I'm guessing you have a router? Sometimes if you like unplug it, then plug it back in. It might make it a bit faster. (Not the best idea) If you still thinking your service is pretty slow still I suggest contacting your ISP like the above as said.

Edit; If you do have a router and using Airport to connect to your internet make sure you have a good signal?

The router is on my desk anyway so its top connection. I have tried a wired connection and still the same. I will give it a few days, and restart it aswell :)

Earthquake
18-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Lol! She has lived in the flat for years now, she wouldn't ever want to move from it :)

The router is on my desk anyway so its top connection. I have tried a wired connection and still the same. I will give it a few days, and restart it aswell :)
Lol good to hear, aslong as shes happy where she is and calls it home, thats the basic worth it, hopefully your internet will pick up in a few days as mine had done it, but there is also bandwith times normally slower down the download speed as mines normally around 300-400kb but in the day it can lower down to even 13kb what is really annoying.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!