PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Problems Installing vB :(

Meti
20-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey,
when i try installing my vB forum, this comes up on stage 3.

Attempting to attach to database
Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect (http://metidesigns.com/forum/install/function.mysql-connect)]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) /link/link/link/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311
The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

WHY?
What should I do?

Thanks.

Moved by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): From Designing & Development. Please post in the correct forum next time.

Invent
20-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Uhm..maybe this is the reason..

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

...Just do what it says, check the config file for your db settings and make sure they're correct..

Meti
20-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Ok. I'll try again ...

Stepheen
20-08-2008, 05:38 PM
CHMOD the files includes/config.php to 777

Excellent1
20-08-2008, 05:49 PM
This must be a nulled version :P And you obviously haven't set up the database info in the config file.

Meti
20-08-2008, 06:39 PM
This must be a nulled version :P And you obviously haven't set up the database info in the config file.
LMAO. It IS(n't) :P

Ok.

EDIT: Tried both suggestions, none worked

Moh
20-08-2008, 06:53 PM
1) Rename config.php.new to config.php
2) Actually change the database, user and password in config.php

Jack!
21-08-2008, 12:55 PM
When you put in your dtabase deatails try it with the cpanel name (username_databasename and username_databaseusername) IF that dosnet work just try the database name and database username

-2fast2kwl

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!