PDA

View Full Version : Joining a Footie Team

Sepron
20-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Joining a under 15 footie team. This is my FIRST ever time, got any tips?

Imp!
20-08-2008, 04:50 PM
whatever you do, do not drop the soap in the shower!

Andys
20-08-2008, 04:52 PM
whatever you do, do not drop the soap in the shower!
I also hear bad things about this.. watch your back!!!

Imp!
20-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I also hear bad things about this.. watch your back!!!

lol your meaaaaan

Loqo
20-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Their isnt any tips about joining a team. I am going into under 16's I play for a Saturday team AND sunday team. Being apart of them is great. You dont need to worry about anything, if it was a good team, they will be welcoming. Although I have noticed as I play for too strong clubs. You get on more if you are actually good at football. Just get your head on the game when your their and you should be fine.

Zabuza
20-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Even if your nervous or unsure just try to be really nice to your teammates. Although they will welcome you, you'll get on much better in and out of a game.
Good luck!

Disaronno
20-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Hello, just try to play your best thats all people can ask for. Dont ask to go on cos some managers dont like that. And pass the ball dont "hog" it and be nice :) Show passion

CJW93
20-08-2008, 10:37 PM
If they ask you if your any good just say
"I'm alright"

then bam skill 'em up

Disaronno
21-08-2008, 12:12 AM
If they ask you if your any good just say
"I'm alright"

then bam skill 'em up

Its not all about skill you know

CJW93
24-08-2008, 12:04 AM
I know but still

Looochella
24-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, im playing for an u15's girls team this season!
I started last season, it may be different for boys though.
But you do generally get on with everyone in your team pretty well, in and out of play. (Once they get used to you bieng around, playing with you and stuff.)
& as its your first time joining a team, the odds are you wont get very long matches and suff. but as you progress through the season, you will get longer matches, more oppertunities to play in your preffered position, etc.
That is exactly what happened to me, and i do really enjoy it :)
Hopefully we can win our league again this season. (Probably not!)
And good luck, and have fun with your football.
Its about the fun, not the competition! Theres no point in playing if you don't generally enjoy playing football!
Hehe ;)

Paulio
24-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I played in junior footy teams from the age of 9. When you go, try not to be shy and just play your best. If you arn't good enough then there is nothing you can do apart from train and get better. You might not enjoy it at first but don't give up. It gets loads better and it's nice to be part of a team once you get to know everyone.

The team I used to play for used to go on tours and everything to places like Bournmouth and Gt Yarmouth. We all got to stay in the buttlins/pontins holiday camps and just have a mint time and play in a footbal tournment in the afternoon for 5 days.

Turnip
25-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Just train, and try your best..
thats all you can do? :)

msb.
26-08-2008, 02:07 AM
don't be ball greedy

team work is the key

Alan_Carr
27-08-2008, 10:19 AM
don't be ball greedy

team work is the key

Yep, i agree.
Try your best and lead your team to Habbo World Cup glory :D!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!