PDA

View Full Version : Buy A UserGroup?

Mint
20-08-2008, 10:40 PM
I think that it would be fun if we where aloud to purchase UserGroups that people would be aloud to join, Maybe if they cost around £5 to stop the forum getting flooded with loads of them. And for MAD, It would bring more money to the forum, like that fact don't you?:P I would definetly buy one. :)

Lee
20-08-2008, 10:43 PM
You mean like social groups? And :O £5! Could be a V.I.P+ feature maybe?

today
20-08-2008, 10:43 PM
it should just be a vip+ thing tbh.

Hiro
20-08-2008, 11:14 PM
it should just be a vip+ thing tbh.

yeah, but i can't see the benefit of it, unless it was like for the KKK whatever on here.

today
20-08-2008, 11:18 PM
I cant see it being used often anyway :$

Mint
21-08-2008, 01:04 AM
yeah, but i can't see the benefit of it, unless it was like for the KKK whatever on here.

I cant see it being used often anyway :$
They could be used like they are used on Habbo, Just fans of anything or you could make your own graphics group or anything really. It just seems like it's a feature that could be used but isn't if you get what I mean? :)

Plank
21-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Although I wouldn't buy one I think this is a good idea. Would it expire though?

today
21-08-2008, 12:44 PM
But its like the blog/chat system no one really likes them. And the groups should only be used for major events like the HSS.

Mint
21-08-2008, 07:03 PM
But its like the blog/chat system no one really likes them. And the groups should only be used for major events like the HSS.
See this is what I don't understand, they are used for some staff jobs but why only certein jobs and not all jobs? It just all seems a little messed up.

today
21-08-2008, 07:37 PM
See this is what I don't understand, they are used for some staff jobs but why only certein jobs and not all jobs? It just all seems a little messed up.
Becus not all jobs need them? :S

PaulMacC
21-08-2008, 07:49 PM
I think it is a good idea and that there is alot of use for it.

Mr.OSH
22-08-2008, 03:29 PM
The problem is that we wouldn't want groups being made randomly that wouldn't be used. Groups for something like KKK would be worthwhile but this would have to be monitored really and groups would have to be approved. I don't think it would work as a VIP+ feature and I'm don't think it is fair to charge people a lot of money for it either as we already charge for VIP and VIP+. Some sort of system would have to be devised for this to determine who would be allowed to set up a group and everything. I don't really know what the benefit to this would be though and it seems like it would probably be more hassle than it is worth? I don't see many groups actually needing a user group and then them actually being used? What use would it be people joining? If you have any ideas what could be done to make the user groups for things like KKK worth while then I'd like like to hear it but I don't see this working in all honesty.

Mint
23-08-2008, 10:55 PM
The problem is that we wouldn't want groups being made randomly that wouldn't be used. Groups for something like KKK would be worthwhile but this would have to be monitored really and groups would have to be approved. I don't think it would work as a VIP+ feature and I'm don't think it is fair to charge people a lot of money for it either as we already charge for VIP and VIP+. Some sort of system would have to be devised for this to determine who would be allowed to set up a group and everything. I don't really know what the benefit to this would be though and it seems like it would probably be more hassle than it is worth? I don't see many groups actually needing a user group and then them actually being used? What use would it be people joining? If you have any ideas what could be done to make the user groups for things like KKK worth while then I'd like like to hear it but I don't see this working in all honesty.
If anyone was going to take this into consideration then maybe a poll would be the decider?

Invent
23-08-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm don't think it is fair to charge people a lot of money for it either as we already charge for VIP and VIP+.

Oh right, but you're fine with charging for sub-forums :(

Mr.OSH
23-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Oh right, but you're fine with charging for sub-forums :(

Thing is with subforums is they clearly have a use and would be used and as we don't want loads of them being created we'd rather keep it as a paid service. Whereas user groups don't have much point to them in my opinion and it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!