PDA

View Full Version : Features [SN]

Calon
21-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Okay, so I decided to close Nivade until january as I really want to code the system myself, and loads of good features, loads of dynamic bits and bobs.

What features should I attempt to create for Nivade.

Any useful ideas, any posts that aren't flaming will recieve +REP if I don't need to spread with you.

Moved by Invent (Forum Moderator) from Designing & Development: Please post in the correct forum next time, thanks :).

Protege
21-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Okay, so I decided to close Nivade until january as I really want to code the system myself, and loads of good features, loads of dynamic bits and bobs.

What features should I attempt to create for Nivade.

Any useful ideas, any posts that aren't flaming will recieve +REP if I don't need to spread with you.

A self destruct button if it fails other than that, Profiles is a good idea.

dobbin
22-08-2008, 05:24 PM
A better interface and do some stuff to the homapage and make a more simple skinning system:)

Invent
22-08-2008, 05:33 PM
The main things you should focus on before everything else are; better interface and improved security.

Decode
22-08-2008, 06:00 PM
You should leave nivade open untill you create the new updates, unless you've found an exploit.

For new features you could add conversations between 2 profiles (like vBulletins), a section for top viewed profiles (a bit like Youtube's featured videos) and maybe more customizable profile themes.

dobbin
22-08-2008, 07:23 PM
You could make a chatroom like bebo has made and you could be able to customize it by changing the skin of it and ad some sounds like you got a messege:S
A nice temeplate.

Calon
22-08-2008, 07:26 PM
You should leave nivade open untill you create the new updates, unless you've found an exploit.

For new features you could add conversations between 2 profiles (like vBulletins), a section for top viewed profiles (a bit like Youtube's featured videos) and maybe more customizable profile themes.
If you saw the code, you'd puke. Seeing as you really hate tables as well :P

@ Others:
Security was terrible, passwords weren't even encoded in MD5 or anything, so with the next version security and the design, and good features are all that's on my mind.

Excellent1
22-08-2008, 07:54 PM
If you saw the code, you'd puke. Seeing as you really hate tables as well :P

@ Others:
Security was terrible, passwords weren't even encoded in MD5 or anything, so with the next version security and the design, and good features are all that's on my mind.Okay so you just basically admitted to not md5'ing the passwords of users who signed up? I sure for one would never trust Nivade again after you just said that.

Make sure you can actually code these features before getting on your high horse. (not saying I can because I can't)*

Calon
22-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Okay so you just basically admitted to not md5'ing the passwords of users who signed up? I sure for one would never trust Nivade again after you just said that.

Make sure you can actually code these features before getting on your high horse. (not saying I can because I can't)*
We informed every user in sign up, as open-registration was first started, so calm down.

I'm not on my "high horse" so you should shut up, I'm looking for features and I most likely will be able to code them, unless they're unexpectedly hard.

I'm asking for features such as "Albums" not for people to flame my thread circling previous password storage, version two was MD5/Salt but V1 was not, which we recently reverted too before I made my decision.

Hypertext
23-08-2008, 03:28 AM
There ARE ways of having good security with keeping a copy of a password, unecrypted.

Calon
23-08-2008, 11:29 AM
There ARE ways of having good security with keeping a copy of a password, unecrypted.
I'd rather encrypt passwords, so I am unable to view passwords whilst browsing phpMyAdmin.

Hypertext
23-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Don't like being snoopy?
:P.

Calon
23-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Don't like being snoopy?
:P.
And other things.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!