PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Cameras.

Hazza
22-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey guysssssssssss :8,

Basically, I'm looking to do photography at college and wanted to know what camera I should be look at buying. I obviously need a decent one, but unsure what type etc.

Anyone's welcome to reply of course but if your doing/done photography at college want have you had etc?

+REP to helpful replies.

Mr.Sam
22-08-2008, 03:38 PM
the photography course in the local sixth form partnership required you had a digital camera and a film camera.

you should check to see if you need both.

Hazza
22-08-2008, 03:49 PM
There's 2 local colleges near me and I think I'm going to this college, here's the photography course brief:

This course will appeal to those students with a keen interest in image making, and those who are willing to apply themselves to the production of a portfolio of images outside formal study periods.

Work at this level necessitates a proactive approach to photography, so students will need a quality digital camera that enables them to exercise control over the medium.

Students work is produced by way of combining digital imagery with mixed-media techniques.

In year one (AS), students will study some of the skills necessary to produce thought-provoking images and will be asked to respond to set briefs.

In year two (A2), students will further develop their critical awareness and technological skills and will be asked to respond stylistically to set briefs exploring ideas and themes.

The emphasis in this course is on dynamic and individualistic approaches to image making and will be particularly suitable for students who are already enthusiastic about this kind of work. It offers students the potential to make a personal response to their own experience, environment and culture.

Career and Further Studies
The course will combine well with a variety of arts or media-based subjects. Studying photography will also equip students with some of the study skills required for Higher Education.

Entry Requirements
Average GCSE points score of 4.7

Specific Entry Requirements:
Students should be able to demonstrate their interest in and commitment to digital photography.
So I don't think I need a film camera for this one?

mangle
22-08-2008, 03:49 PM
At our college you oddly don't need one o.o

GommeInc
22-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Hey guysssssssssss :8,

Basically, I'm looking to do photography at college and wanted to know what camera I should be look at buying. I obviously need a decent one, but unsure what type etc.

Anyone's welcome to reply of course but if your doing/done photography at college want have you had etc?

+REP to helpful replies.
Don't you have to use film cameras in Photography at AS level or do they allow digital ones now?

Nikon D50s are recommended by my college, followed by Canons.

Hazza
23-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Don't you have to use film cameras in Photography at AS level or do they allow digital ones now?

Nikon D50s are recommended by my college, followed by Canons.
Thanks, was helpful, +REP.

William93
23-08-2008, 08:40 PM
I am planning on buying a Nikon D40, so you could take a look at that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!