PDA

View Full Version : Alone in the Dark to get ''fixed''

j4k3
22-08-2008, 10:14 PM
As part of our Leipzig 2008 coverage, X360a has learnt that, in addition to making several key changes to Alone in the Dark for the Playstation 3 version, the developers are also looking to create a patch in order to fix the 360 version as well.
Several key changes include:
*Player controlled Camera
*Game pauses whilst you are in inventory
*More reactive environments
*Re-tuned item generation
*Enemies are easier to kill
During a press-only demonstration of these new features, the developers confirmed that they were looking to try and patch these new features for the 360, ensuring that both users can enjoy Alone in the Dark as it should be.
There are a few features, such as the added cinematics, which won't be patched, and there has been no set timeframe for this update.

I don't see the point as people would have traded it in already because they thought that the game was poor originally? Thoughts?

SHOPLIFTER
22-08-2008, 10:17 PM
i bought it about a week ago, it's pretty good, the camera is crap though, user controller sounds good to me!

Fez
22-08-2008, 10:19 PM
If they fix it all for the PS3 version, I might get it when it comes down to bargain price, was really expecting something from it.

Johno
22-08-2008, 10:31 PM
This sums it up:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/130-Alone-in-the-Dark

Nothing about the game makes me want to go and get it, I don't see the point in a game like this. There are plenty of others that do it much better, it did look alright but to be honest for me it is just a waste of money.

j4k3
22-08-2008, 10:37 PM
This sums it up:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/130-Alone-in-the-Dark

Nothing about the game makes me want to go and get it, I don't see the point in a game like this. There are plenty of others that do it much better, it did look alright but to be honest for me it is just a waste of money.

at first i was like :S then i lol'd :D

Misawa
26-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Go and watch the Uwe Boll film. ;)

Suck
26-08-2008, 08:22 PM
If they fix it all for the PS3 version, I might get it when it comes down to bargain price, was really expecting something from it.

Alone in the Dark will pretty much go into bargain as soon as it comes out. I picked it up on the Wii for £20 in the middle of July. I returned it a month later unopened because I never got the chance to play it, but the soundtrack is awesome though!

Go and watch the Uwe Boll film. ;)

Scoff.

mangle
26-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Screw it, never interested me.
Resi evil 5 :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!