PDA

View Full Version : Audio sense

Hayd93
25-08-2008, 03:56 PM
http://www.google.com/adsense/audio/

Maybe habbox should get some advertising for habboxlive. This would be the new serivice from google adsence. Not to sure if its up and running yet but its worth a look.

Before anybody says what if the dj's forget well you can get a PAL script that would play the adverts after x amount of songs. Or fade out at x time and play this.

I think the best time to play the adds if this went ahead is at TOTH. This way the dj that just come on could play the adds then off they go.

EDIT: you can even set up sam to dowload the adds auto so the DJ would basicly do nothing at all.

Mrs.McCall
25-08-2008, 04:07 PM
I'd be annoyed hearing adverts whilst I was listening though

,Jess,
25-08-2008, 04:10 PM
I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. Like DJs would still forget to play them, I know you can set up Sam to download and play them like you say but I am betting that most of the DJs wouldn't have a clue how to do that because I certainly don't and the amount of staff we have it would take a lot to make sure everyone knew.

It is afterall only a Habbo radio so like above I am not sure people want to hear adverts.

Hayd93
25-08-2008, 04:13 PM
I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. Like DJs would still forget to play them, I know you can set up Sam to download and play them like you say but I am betting that most of the DJs wouldn't have a clue how to do that because I certainly don't and the amount of staff we have it would take a lot to make sure everyone knew.

It is afterall only a Habbo radio so like above I am not sure people want to hear adverts.
To sett it up is easy all they would do is clcik PAL then add script. Copy and paste script and start the PAL its really that easy.

Mrs.McCall
25-08-2008, 04:29 PM
But then you've got the issue of people getting annoyed. I don't mind google ads on websites because you can ignore them but on HxL you'd have no choice but to listen.

It'd turn me off.

xxMATTGxx
25-08-2008, 04:36 PM
It sounds like a good idea. Because real radios have adverts playing and they don't bother me. But looking at it, this won't come to place. Nice idea though Dan :)

Hayd93
25-08-2008, 04:39 PM
It sounds like a good idea. Because real radios have adverts playing and they don't bother me. But looking at it, this won't come to place. Nice idea though Dan :)

Thats what i mean if this is done well people will barley evemn notice. 1 - 2 mins of adds at TOTH every our aint really gonna kill anyone. You could even just play non peak times or do it every 2 hours.

If this is "Playlisted" correctly then it would accually have no effect on the listners.

,Jess,
25-08-2008, 05:05 PM
What's "TOTH"?

Leetzgirl
25-08-2008, 05:06 PM
This is better for staff forums seeing listeners cant really comment on this lol.

Hayd93
25-08-2008, 05:07 PM
The thing to remeber also is with more money from these habbox could offord to renew the jingles more often or but good scripts ect.

What's "TOTH"?
Top Of The Hour eg 1pm 2 pm 3pm

This is better for staff forums seeing listeners cant really comment on this lol.

Nope, Would love to see what listners think of the idea ect.

,Jess,
25-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh, if you had a couple of minutes of adds each hour the listeners would definitely notice and I think it would put a lot off. They tune in for music and competitons really.

Hayd93
25-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh, if you had a couple of minutes of adds each hour the listeners would definitely notice and I think it would put a lot off. They tune in for music and competitons really.
Thats why i said every 2 hours or not at peak. Adverts in FM or DAB ect are playlisted cleverly so that the listner will barely notice. If this is done well the listners wont even care/notice.

today
25-08-2008, 06:48 PM
i like the idea :)

edgates
25-08-2008, 06:53 PM
If HxL doesn't have one already, don't you need a broadcasting license for stations that are making money? That's what I thought anyway.

The Professor
25-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Hmm, I like the inginuity but personally it'd just annoy me and make me tune out. Although I suppose I'd get used to it after a while. Might be an idea to trial it at off peak times and see how it goes.

Hayd93
25-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Hmm, I like the inginuity but personally it'd just annoy me and make me tune out. Although I suppose I'd get used to it after a while. Might be an idea to trial it at off peak times and see how it goes.

ye i think even if it did come in i would not do it at peak just off peak hours.

If HxL doesn't have one already, don't you need a broadcasting license for stations that are making money? That's what I thought anyway.

yes you are correct there habboxlive should legally own a Music royalties lisance. But the regulators usually take a blind eye to this because 200 - 300 listners is small kill and would not really be worth takeing to court.

Mr.OSH
26-08-2008, 08:16 AM
As said by a few other people I don't think this is really needed and as ,Jess, said it would probably be more trouble than it is worth. Even something relatively straight forward is bound to be forgotten by a few members of staff and also HabboxLive wants to retain as many listeners as possible and provide the best quality of shows as possible and I can only see advertisements driving people away. I find myself in the past switching radio chanels if I turn it on and all I hear is adverts and we certainly don't want to loose listeners so I think this is probably a no go. Nice idea though - the concept was good but I don't see it working.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!