PDA

View Full Version : [HELPHP Pavilion f1703 Monitor [+REP FOR SOLUTION]

Kevin
25-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Hey, I have a f1703 monitor, and as of today, when you turn it on. it stays on for like a second goes black then turns back on for a second. and is stuck in this loop.
Im trying to find a solution for it quickly. is it possible to plug my laptop into the pc so i can use the screen off my laptop, to use it. I cant install some software because ive lost my admin password for vista
BUT fixes for the monitor would be better :]. thanks for reading

-Kevin

The Professor
25-08-2008, 07:46 PM
As far as I know you can't use a laptop screen for anything other than the laptop it came on. That's about the limit of my knowledge on the topic though :P If its under warranty it might be easier just to get a replacement.

Kevin
25-08-2008, 08:46 PM
As far as I know you can't use a laptop screen for anything other than the laptop it came on. That's about the limit of my knowledge on the topic though :P If its under warranty it might be easier just to get a replacement.

It's quite an old monitor unfortunately :[ a well, i suppose things just f up like this all the time

-Kevin

Lycan
25-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Sadly this means the end of your monitors life

Its a tft right?

i had one die like this sometime ago its the backlight capacitor or some onbuilt whatsit

You can replace them, which involves finding a expensive component and soldering or you can simply go and buy a new one...

Kevin
29-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Heres a video of wots happening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjF4c2JPTJk

soz for the **** quality, not a great cam AND BTW IM NOT A NUB AND USIN THIS FOR SCREEN RECORD

anyone got any ideaz ;]

It broke out of the blue, nothing happened it just started flashing.

-Kevin

Recursion
29-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Lycan is right.

Kevin
29-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Rep awarded to everyone who partisipated in the thread.

-Kevin

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!