PDA

View Full Version : Basic validation / capatcha

iJoe
25-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Hey,

I need something for my sites registration page, I have tried adding re capatcha but because my site integrates with a mybb forum, things didnt go to plan.

I basically need either a way for recapatcha to validate itself within the custom register page instead of the forums member.php file. Or, a simple thing so that the person registering, has to enter the right thing into the box in order to submit the form (e.g what is 1+1, user enters 2 and is then able to submit form)

I don't know if the above is possible but I need to do something to stop spambots but don't want to revert to using the default mybb register page.

Thanks in advance to any replies,

Joe :)

Calon
26-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Captcha's just aggrevate me, I'd not register on your site if it had captcha's, having to register to play games is annoying as it is, and wasting more time whilst on registration would just get aggrevating.

iJoe
26-08-2008, 01:59 AM
you dont have to register to play games anymore on the new version, took peoples advice on that

and I need a basic one, i have had about 7 spam bots register today :/ I know they're annoyin but not a simple one

Calon
26-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Ah. :D

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/recaptcha-image-verifacation may be of help? :)

iJoe
26-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Nah that dosent work with mybb 1.4, i had a search about the mybb forums though and someone is making that work with 1.4 :) Thanks anyway :D

edit: gotta spread to rep you

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!