http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54402

READ IT

NOW

Fez
26-08-2008, 05:45 PM
OH MY GOD

Johno
26-08-2008, 05:46 PM
WTH?! I thought they said MGS4 was going to be the last one!

Technologic
26-08-2008, 05:47 PM
It is

this is a prequal

Fez
26-08-2008, 05:49 PM
MGS4 is the end of Solid Snake's story

MGS5 will be most likely to help fill in the blanks of Big Boss

Technologic
26-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Or it could be something like

"MGR - Metal Gear Raiden"

Johno
26-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Thats just crap, more ways to pump money from people.

I have no doubt that the game will be awesome, and Guns of The Patriots was very pretty but seriously.

I mean he even said that it would be his last now there is another one. Im guessing its down to Konami wanting more money, there needs to be a vast more amount of work put into the gameplay of MGS5 - I am an xbox owner but I do occasionally play the PS3 and when I played it, it took forever to actually get into the game and when it did I was thrown in with no idea with what to do!

http://www.edge-online.com/news/mgs4-not-kojimas-last

Technologic
26-08-2008, 05:53 PM
It's probably the fact they spent so much time perfecting an engine for the PS3 they don't want to waste it

Oidz
26-08-2008, 05:54 PM
The only game that deservers probably about a franchise of that long is Gears OF War.

Technologic
26-08-2008, 05:55 PM
The only game that deservers probably about a franchise of that long is Gears OF War.
It would be good if you made sense..

I think what you're trying to say is "The only game that deserves a franchise of that proportion is gears of war"

to which i say you have absolutely no idea

Oidz
26-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Gears OF War adds depth and detail into the game, and the online play is exciting.
Gears OF War 2 and obviously there will be a Gears OF War 3 will make it more fun.

Unreal Engine 3 for Gears OF War 2 is going to be amazing, and the story is amazing itself.

Dominic Santiago trying to find his wife, Marcus trying to get the job done. You learn more detail/depth into each charactor as the game progresses and obviously they can end it any time they want.

Im going for Gears OF War 5/6 I mean if Call OF Duty 5 can pull it off.. GOW 5 Can.

Fez
26-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Whatever it is, it'll be winapplesauce

Gears OF War adds depth and detail into the game, and the online play is exciting.
Gears OF War 2 and obviously there will be a Gears OF War 3 will make it more fun.

Unreal Engine 3 for Gears OF War 2 is going to be amazing, and the story is amazing itself.

Dominic Santiago trying to find his wife, Marcus trying to get the job done. You learn more detail/depth into each charactor as the game progresses and obviously they can end it any time they want.

Im going for Gears OF War 5/6 I mean if Call OF Duty 5 can pull it off.. GOW 5 Can.

Gears of war is the same ''kill locusts, get to next area.'', and I doubt that the second game will even slightly improve upon that. It is of course winsauce, but a game needs all the good ingredients (story, gameplay, graphics, soundtrack) to make a good cake, and if it only has a few of them, then the cake is a lie (Portal pun intended).

A game isn't measured by it's engine, its how it uses it's engine. The story isn't that amazing either. In GoW2 there's of course going to be more depth in the characters, because we're seeing them again.

I'm sure Epic said that Gears would be a trilogy, just like Halo, with various spin-offs

Technologic
27-08-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm confused now...i thought MGS3 was a prequal

Jahova
27-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Talk about milking the cow, It's all for money..

GommeInc
27-08-2008, 08:02 PM
I don't get why people I throwing the "It's all for money" line around. You do realise that's the point of a company, and if you enjoy the game then it's money well spent? It's not like you're forced to buy the game :/

Southe,
27-08-2008, 08:22 PM
4 was meant to be kojimas last game :S but then again he did say he would leave at the end of 3 and then he got death threats..

anyway i dont have a link so i can give you it but i read that MGS4 was the last game of solid snake. but there is still plenlty they could do with big boss. like portable ops. so they say they would be considering that for the future.

Also Metal Gear Sigint xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrsPUoZl-6Q

graffiti
27-08-2008, 08:27 PM

Since when did you know?
and gow 5? :S

Jibbish
27-08-2008, 09:17 PM
i dunno but read the first post on this

http://mgsforums.com/topic/277724/1/

J0SH
27-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Whatever it is, it'll be winapplesauce

Gears of war is the same ''kill locusts, get to next area.'', and I doubt that the second game will even slightly improve upon that. It is of course winsauce, but a game needs all the good ingredients (story, gameplay, graphics, soundtrack) to make a good cake, and if it only has a few of them, then the cake is a lie (Portal pun intended).

A game isn't measured by it's engine, its how it uses it's engine. The story isn't that amazing either. In GoW2 there's of course going to be more depth in the characters, because we're seeing them again.

I'm sure Epic said that Gears would be a trilogy, just like Halo, with various spin-offs

You're missing the point, people generally bought gow for MP.

Oleh
28-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Well , i think there just taking the piss with that one, it could easily be made into a 2-3 disc thing, the makers are sony fanboys :)

Jibbish
28-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Well , i think there just taking the piss with that one, it could easily be made into a 2-3 disc thing, the makers are sony fanboys :)
and then the makers of gears of war and halo are microsoft fan boys

Southe,
28-08-2008, 01:16 PM
not really. i hate xbox but bungie was bought by microsft so there games can only be released for microsoft consoles.

Rockstar were orgionally getting the rights for halo for a ps2 version before MS bought over bungie.

Anyway i wouldnt mind raiden being the main in mgs5. but then it wouldnt reall be mgs would be mgr. i think im one of the few people who like raiden.. unless people here do?

anyway im sure they will make a good job out of it.

Wootzeh
28-08-2008, 01:19 PM
not really. i hate xbox but bungie was bought by microsft so there games can only be released for microsoft consoles.

Rockstar were orgionally getting the rights for halo for a ps2 version before MS bought over bungie.

Anyway i wouldnt mind raiden being the main in mgs5. but then it wouldnt reall be mgs would be mgr. i think im one of the few people who like raiden.. unless people here do?

anyway im sure they will make a good job out of it.
bungie and microsoft have split. microsoft own the rights to Halo.

Southe,
29-08-2008, 05:48 PM
yea just found out about that lol

Misawa
02-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Another game that's 60% 24 rip-off cinematics?

Axel
02-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Look at Final Fantasy... you'd think the first one would be the Final Fantasy, but they're making the 13th.

I don't care how many sequels or prequels they make, as long as they're good.

e5
02-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Aw what a shame. Xbox games not getting realeased!!! :rolleyes:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!